Attention Members

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I get the issue, believe me, I do. But I'm just not a fan of policing the topic rather than the tone.
I know. But policing the tone in those threads is bound to result in people crying favoritism.
We're working on a solution though. If there's no happy medium, then we just gotta do what's best for the forum.
And if this is one topic that gets left on the trash heap, then I consider it a pretty small sacrifice.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Wait - the Rams are moving to Hawaii?

Or am I just confused, yet again?

Nope... Big Sky Country! They're working on the field as we speak. :whistle:

ranch-2.jpg

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nope... Big Sky Country! They're working on the field as we speak. :whistle:

ranch-2.jpg
They should have a Montanian League. The field can be 400 yards long and 185 yards wide.
That would really open up scoring.

Alan

Legend
JTurner having trouble with human nature:
I am a bit concerned about censorship as well. Sure it is your site and you can do what you wish but you will get a bad rap from other rams fans for this censorship. When you start going down that road where does it stop? So no one can then say anything "negative" about the rams? It must all be unicorns and fancy flowers and dreams of superbowl titles? C'mon man. There is a way to have these discussion without censorship. If people can not converse without attacking or getting personal that is one matter. Completely putting on blinders and practicing censorship is quite another. Just my 2 cents. Am I going to get banned now for stating my opinion?
So you've managed to conflate a bunch of things with not posting about a single subject that has been talked to death and generated, not so much on this site, many bad feelings among otherwise friendly posters. How come you didn't mention world peace? :eek: :LOL:

As for getting banned, that's the least of your worries. Piss me off and I'll be forced to send you one of my fruitcakes. :mad:

And you forgot butterflies!
Unicorn%20in%20Flowers%20WPpv.jpg
images
images

Mick

Pro Bowler
It's a simple rule and not draconian in any way....all in...now, back to your previously scheduled program....Snead's best draft was the beer he poured me while listening to me educate him on how to draft....aaaaaannnnd I'm banned. Doing great X...couple days down, 20 years left to go as boss here...settle in man..and what do we call you now?

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I love self moderating. Tired of the moving talk? Don't participate in that thread. Don't like political debates? Don't engage in them.

But if you keep down this road and the Rams have a bad year you mods are going to be very busy shutting down ugly topic after ugly topic.

Jmo

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It's a simple rule and not draconian in any way....all in...now, back to your previously scheduled program....Snead's best draft was the beer he poured me while listening to me educate him on how to draft....aaaaaannnnd I'm banned. Doing great X...couple days down, 20 years left to go as boss here...settle in man..and what do we call you now?

I don't plan on having any power here beyond this week. I'm just doing a favor for PhxRam who needed to recharge his batteries and chill with his family for a while because he was being besieged by reports and complaints. And that's a bummer considering how much time, money, and effort he's been putting into making this place the fastest, most responsive and technologically advanced Rams board out there. Seriously. He's made every other board our bitch (no offense intended to those other privately owned boards). I quite honestly cant wait to step down and be just one of the (to answer your question) dudes.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I love self moderating. Tired of the moving talk? Don't participate in that thread. Don't like political debates? Don't engage in them.

But if you keep down this road and the Rams have a bad year you mods are going to be very busy shutting down ugly topic after ugly topic.

Jmo
Don't like political debates? No worries. We don't do politics here.
Don't like talk of moving? No worries. We're probably not doing that here either.

If the Rams have a bad year, we mods will STILL be very busy regardless.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

tonyl711

Starter
I agree with this, the LA/St Louis thing has been discussed ALOT on here, probably at least 100 threads, and what is ever achieved in these discussions? not a damn thing but speculation and usually spme pretty mean spirited talk, 100 or so threads that have gone nowhere.
I don't really call this cencorship as much as I call it weeding out troll posts, since that's what these threads usually turn into.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Don't like political debates? No worries. We don't do politics here.
Don't like talk of moving? No worries. We're probably not doing that here either.

If the Rams have a bad year, we mods will STILL be very busy regardless.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Crown?
So what you're saying then is that you think you're better than the rest of us by rite of birth?

In all seriousness, I don't envy your job.
I wouldn't want to do it.

Alan

Legend
Robocop thinking feelings don't travel:
maybe you guys could start a permanent Vent thread for some of the more polarizing hot topics for ppl who want to rid themselves of their emotions.
I'm just reading the rest of the posts in this thread and so I haven't read that last two pages yet. So I hope someone didn't already say this. :LOL:
It's been my experience that if you have contentious conversations in one area of a forum like ours, the bad feelings engendered by them will carry over to every interaction between them in any thread. Frankly, it's even carried to other forums. Bad idea IMO.

I think this banning will be reviewed and changed if anything major does really happen. But not from these dumb articles based solely on speculation and rumor.

Alan

Legend
-X- deserting the sinking ship:
As a soon-to-be Asheville North Carolina Rams Fan, I thumb my nose at all of you.

Peasants.
Ha! We've got your number. You're only moving because you know that Florida is going to be all ocean pretty soon. Probably sold your home to some poor retiring couple.

Heathen.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
They should have a Montanian League. The field can be 400 yards long and 185 yards wide.
That would really open up scoring.

Oline play will suffer in that league lol

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I agree, it's a pointless thing to keep bringing up because we don't know anything about it and never will until it happens. All it does is ramp up animosity and causes rifts between posters, something we don't need unless we want to end up like RamStalk, self moderation can only go so far before somebody needs to step in. RamStalk is self moderated, is that the model you want to follow?

Sometimes it's better to have the mods step in and take care of something rather than relying on WELL JUST DON'T LOOK or DON'T GET MAD.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
@MerlinJones
There you go, starting trouble.....:LOL::cautious::sneaky::ROFLMAO:;):D:p:cool:

How about this, when they start digging a hole, somewhere, I'll let yall know....Looks like nothing...And it's been like this for 20 years...All I need is for them to come back and start getting the games blacked out....

cracengl

Rookie
You should write the Captain Obvious commercials. Eleven words to tell us all what we already should know from the history.
We should have drafted a QB earlier than the 6th. See, I make a good Captain Hindsight too.

Status
Not open for further replies.