Asshole Face could be available

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
But no draft picks as the tender exchange please....we have Ram team cash but Rams have been in the soup line for draft prospects in 2016/2017.

IF they hire the right coach that won't matter Bonifay. In Vermiel's first run with the Eagles he built them from rubble without premium picks. Even look at the Skins after giving up all those picks for RGme and him busting, they took a chance on a young OC in Jay Gruden and it has paid dividends in the development of another option at the QB position.

This team has some talent. They need more talent too, but the hiring of a top offensive mind will demonstrate that maybe they need less pieces than most think. So while it would be better for Stan to get the trade done for cash considerations, if they elect to move a pick I am not going to criticize it.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But no draft picks as the tender exchange please....we have Ram team cash but Rams have been in the soup line for draft prospects in 2016/2017.
Doesn't have to be a pick in 2017 draft, could be, should be a conditional pick in 2018 and/or 2019
The report says that New Orleans is willing to let him go cheap
A 4th rounder in in 2018 and conditional 3rd/4th in 19?
If Rams are in playoffs, it would be worth it
Plagerizing @jrry32 here:
That all said, he's not my #1 target.
Lol

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ve-the-saints-reports-arrived-late-this-year/

The annual “Asshole Face may leave the Saints” reports arrived late this year
Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2016

630208028-e1482266424132.jpg
Getty Images

Fall is a time for traditions. Football. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Reports that Asshole Face may leave the Saints.

It took a little longer than usual this year, but the darts are finally flying. And as Payton himself has said in the past, eventually someone who reports that a given year may be his last year in New Orleans will be right.

This time, Payton hasn’t even been asked about it in multiple media availabilities since the reports emerged. Maybe it’s because the reporters know what Payton will say. Or maybe it’s because no one is willing to give the reports any credence given the absence of any objective proof that Payton is thinking about ending a run that traces back to 2006.

This year, the Rams have become the focal point of the rumors, presumably because Payton has a daughter who attends college in Southern California. As the spitball goes, the Saints may be willing to trade Payton for not much compensation.

That’s fine, but Payton has to want to go. (The Rams also have to want him.) And if Payton believes the Saints are done with him, why cooperate in an effort to finalize a de facto trade? Under that scenario, he should simply refuse to negotiate with the Rams, and wait for the Saints to fire him.

That way, the Rams would give up nothing to get him.

Again, one of the annual “Payton is leaving” reports eventually will be right. Until then, look for someone who is either trying to climb the ladder or hoping to cling to his current rung to lay the foundation for eventually being able to claim, “See! I was right!”

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I listened to Peter King talk on Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo, and he thinks the Rams are going to do something nobody will be expecting. So there's that to consider. :fuelfire:

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I listened to Peter King talk on Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo, and he thinks the Rams are going to do something nobody will be expecting. So there's that to consider. :fuelfire:
Rams trade Tavon Austin and his contract straight up for Asshole Face and his contract!!! :santa:

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Heard the same interview. King says Rams were very high on Schiano before they hired Fisher and he may be in play again now. :puke:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Greg Schiano
Finished on the bottom of the South division both of his NFL seasons as a HC.:shocking:

Coaching career (HC unless noted)
Ramapo (NJ) HS (Asst.)
1989 Rutgers (GA)
1990 Penn State (GA)
1991–1995 Penn State (DB)
1996–1997 Chicago Bears (Def Asst.)
1998 Chicago Bears (DB)
1999–2000 Miami (FL) (DC)
2001–2011 Rutgers
2012–2013 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2016–present Ohio State (AHC/DC)

Head coaching record
Overall
NFL: 11–21 (.344)
NCAA: 73–68 (.518)
Overall: 84–89 (.486)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Heard the same interview. King says Rams were very high on Schiano before they hired Fisher and he may be in play again now. :puke:

That's hard for me to believe. Sounds like he's connecting the dots. Schiano would be the opposite of a splash hire considering his track record in Tampa.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ve-the-saints-reports-arrived-late-this-year/

The annual “Asshole Face may leave the Saints” reports arrived late this year
Posted by Mike Florio on December 20, 2016

630208028-e1482266424132.jpg
Getty Images

Fall is a time for traditions. Football. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Christmas. Reports that Asshole Face may leave the Saints.

It took a little longer than usual this year, but the darts are finally flying. And as Payton himself has said in the past, eventually someone who reports that a given year may be his last year in New Orleans will be right.

This time, Payton hasn’t even been asked about it in multiple media availabilities since the reports emerged. Maybe it’s because the reporters know what Payton will say. Or maybe it’s because no one is willing to give the reports any credence given the absence of any objective proof that Payton is thinking about ending a run that traces back to 2006.

This year, the Rams have become the focal point of the rumors, presumably because Payton has a daughter who attends college in Southern California. As the spitball goes, the Saints may be willing to trade Payton for not much compensation.

That’s fine, but Payton has to want to go. (The Rams also have to want him.) And if Payton believes the Saints are done with him, why cooperate in an effort to finalize a de facto trade? Under that scenario, he should simply refuse to negotiate with the Rams, and wait for the Saints to fire him.

That way, the Rams would give up nothing to get him.

Again, one of the annual “Payton is leaving” reports eventually will be right. Until then, look for someone who is either trying to climb the ladder or hoping to cling to his current rung to lay the foundation for eventually being able to claim, “See! I was right!”

Or option B... Team goes full cheap mode while shoring up finances tending to ownership matters and Payton gets kneecapped with a roster bereft of talent and most of the blame.

He'd be blind not to see what's coming and not consider a Rams offer.

Not saying he'd take it or that it'd be offered, but goodness. If he has an easy out now...when New Orleans is about to become a sinking ship of a franchise (does any franchise do well when ownership is in flux and no money is available to resign key vets or get key FAs?), he'd be crazy not to take that easy out. Especially with that out being the best coaching spot to open up in a really long time. Maybe since the Pittsburgh job?

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Rams trade Tavon Austin and his contract straight up for Asshole Face and his contract!!! :santa:

HELL NO!!!

Can you imagine what an offensive genius like Payton could do with Austin???

/shiver

And he's already gotten tons of production from guys like him from Reggie Bush to...well crap...now I'm brain farting. I can see the guys running around, but can't remember their names.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
HELL NO!!!

Can you imagine what an offensive genius like Payton could do with Austin???

/shiver

And he's already gotten tons of production from guys like him from Reggie Bush to...well crap...now I'm brain farting. I can see the guys running around, but can't remember their names.

Darren Sproles
Brandin Cooks
Lance Moore
Willie Snead

Has gotten production from a lot of small guys.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
As long as the next coach brings stick'em w/ him for the pass catchers :hiding::sadwalk:

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Darren Sproles
Brandin Cooks
Lance Moore
Willie Snead

Has gotten production from a lot of small guys.

Yeah, I had 3 of those guys floating around in my head, but 24 hours + into this migraine and I'm lucky I can remember my own name...lol

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Kinda with @Dog on this. I didn't think much of that Aints team that won the SB. A little on the flukey side. I definitely am not on board if there is compensation involved unless it is Stan's money. He has it. If he wants to spend it in that direction, who would mind? But I don't like the idea of us giving up draft choices that are a bit too few these days in order to lure a coach that I don't have a lot of faith in as a really good HC. I also don't have a lot of faith in his ability to recognize DCs that would work with him or his offenses.

Yes..........
giphy.gif

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't suppose he was talking about extending the HC for 2 years and then firing him a week later.....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Not a chance.

King has no idea wtf is going on with the Rams because his network is primarily on the least coast. His take follows that, since whatever they do would be a surprise to him.

The key here is what the Saints are telling the Rams they want in compensation. That plus maybe how badly Sean wants this job. I am sure he wants it, but how much? Enough to tell ownership they're gonna have an unhappy coach on their hands if they don't make this happen? That type of thing can influence cost of the trade since it undermines the Saints' position.

I believe the Saints realize Payton has outgrown them. He's ready for the bigtime job, and they can take a flyer on another up and coming coach. Question is whether cash considerations would be enough.