Article: 7 candidates to replace Jeff Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Peter King floated an interesting name: Mike MacIntyre. I actually think quite highly of him. He comes from the Bill Parcell coaching tree. He rebuilt two college programs from absolute crap into winning teams.

I have had the Rams hiring his Defensive Coordinator, Jim Leavitt, in a few of my mocks because I think very highly of him. QBs have done very well under MacIntyre in college. And his OC at San Jose State was a guy named John DeFilippo. You might recognize that name because I pushed very hard last year for the Rams to hire him as OC. I have a very high opinion of DeFilippo.

Basically, I think MacIntyre is a very good coach who surrounds himself with a high quality staff.

I like all of that a lot. I just dunno if they'll go with someone without name recognition.

But agree with all you said.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Peter King floated an interesting name: Mike MacIntyre. I actually think quite highly of him. He comes from the Bill Parcell coaching tree. He rebuilt two college programs from absolute crap into winning teams.

I have had the Rams hiring his Defensive Coordinator, Jim Leavitt, in a few of my mocks because I think very highly of him. QBs have done very well under MacIntyre in college. And his OC at San Jose State was a guy named John DeFilippo. You might recognize that name because I pushed very hard last year for the Rams to hire him as OC. I have a very high opinion of DeFilippo.

Basically, I think MacIntyre is a very good coach who surrounds himself with a high quality staff.

This one is incredibly interesting. Hell, bring him in for an interview.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I just watched the Monday edition of NFL live. They spent the full hour talking about the Rams.

I couldn't agree more with Louis riddick. The owner/Gm have to have a clear picture of what they want the Rams to look like and go and get the guy that can make it happen.

None of this who's the hot new coordinator on the block. That's how they ended up with linehan and spags.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've heard some stuff about him rubbing players the wrong way.
Kyle Shanahan
22NR3RL.jpg

oops, I got distracted....booty thread research...yea, somebodies gotta do it...
Kyle Shanahan
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

#3 offense....yeah he's got Julio & Matty Ice....and we got Goff & Quick...err Britt, err, Tavon...but that's the theory....

Only concern is this offense is 28th...thats right, 28th in 3rd down conversions....think they're tied with us...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvs

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Kyle Shanahan
22NR3RL.jpg

oops, I got distracted....booty thread research...yea, somebodies gotta do it...
Kyle Shanahan
http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total

#3 offense....yeah he's got Julio & Matty Ice....and we got Goff & Quick...err Britt, err, Tavon...but that's the theory....

Only concern is this offense is 28th...thats right, 28th in 3rd down conversions....think they're tied with us...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/downs/sort/thirdDownConvs

Were you saying something? Sorry, I got distracted ...

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lesson, you asked who M Shanahan help develop. Broncos drafted John Elway in the '83 draft. He played "mop up" behind starter Steve DeBerg, was sacked by Jack Lambert on his very first NFL snap, completed just 47% of his passes with 7 TD's and 14 INT's.
Mike Shanahan was hired as Broncos Offensive Co-ordinator the next year. Shanahan was hired by HC Dan Reeves spicificly to coach up Elway. Was he successful? Broncos and Elway went to the Super Bowl two yeas later in '86.

Considering the career Elway had, Mike Shanahan gets credit for developing him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good grief you dudes are killin me with those lol. Was surfing here at work and about choked on my coffee. Gonna need some personal time now!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like all of that a lot. I just dunno if they'll go with someone without name recognition.

But agree with all you said.

I concur with both of you, I really like Mike (@jrry32 ) Mike MacIntyre is one heck of a Football Coach and did an amazing job resurrecting two downtrodden programs at San Jose State and Colorado...Add in that he has NFL experience with the Jets & Cowboys and would be a totally out the box hire without much fanfare, but IMO, would be an excellent hire.

Lesson

Oh, really?
Lesson, you asked who M Shanahan help develop. Broncos drafted John Elway in the '83 draft. He played "mop up" behind starter Steve DeBerg, was sacked by Jack Lambert on his very first NFL snap, completed just 47% of his passes with 7 TD's and 14 INT's.
Mike Shanahan was hired as Broncos Offensive Co-ordinator the next year. Shanahan was hired by HC Dan Reeves spicificly to coach up Elway. Was he successful? Broncos and Elway went to the Super Bowl two yeas later in '86.

That's fair. I just don't personally associate Shanahan a whole bunch with Elway due to him becoming the HC in Denver near the end of Elway's career.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not so hot on MacIntyre. He was 16-21 with the Spartans over three years and left after the one winning season. Over four years at Colorado 20-30 with this past season his only winning season. Building a program ain't easy, I know, but he's not a top name from where I'm sitting.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Actually, Shanahan was hired as the WR coach for the 1984 season, wasn't OC until 1985. Just syain

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Gruden had 6 winning seasons with guys like Gannon and Diller at QB.
I would welcome having him groom Goff. He'd probably be the best QB prospect he's had outside of McNabb from his OC/Eagles days.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Well, he did threaten to take his ball and go home if he had to play for Indy.....Who DID draft him...
@Dodgersrf

Not sure if you saw Gannon...but trust me, that dude is a baller...proof that good coaching is key...with phenomenal athletes too...think poor mans Alex Smith....

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Well, he did threaten to take his ball and go home if he had to play for Indy.....Who DID draft him...
@Dodgersrf

Not sure if you saw Gannon...but trust me, that dude is a baller...proof that good coaching is key...with phenomenal athletes too...think poor mans Alex Smith....
I do remember Gannon. He was stuck as a backup in KC when Gruden saved him. Gruden knows QBs

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Baltimore Colts drafted Elway, but traded him to the Colts in exchange for QB Mark Hermann, OL Chris Hinton (Broncos 1st rd pick in '83) and Broncos 1st rd draft pick in '84 (#19--Colts selected OL Ron Solt) Elway and His dad were at odds with then Colts HC Frank Kush, wo had bad reputation among players. His TC's were compared to "boot camp". Elway threatened to play baseball if the Colts picked him. Colts owner Irsay gave in and traded him. It worked out for the Colts, Hinton played 13 years and made multiple pro bowls, so did Ron Solt. Mark Hermann played 3 years for the Colts before finishing his career with none other than the Rams.

And we all know how it worked for Elway and the Broncos.