Are we all delusional?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If we just had Rogers or Manning we could beat the Seahawks like Green Bay and Denver....Never mind!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One Mike Lansford Day until all questions are answered!!
Mike Lansford.jpg

rambone

UDFA
I specifically remember going to Rams training camp in1999 after Trent Green got hurt to see this Kurt Warner guy. Press was saying he didn’t have the arm strength to play in the NFL.

I sat there watching and the receivers were not only catching everything he threw, but they were catching the balls on the run. I said, “Who needs to throw the ball 60 yards when he hits you for 20 and they run the rest?” Then Kurt uncorked a beautiful sideline pattern to Holt for 50 yards and I said, “OK, this guy will do”.

The difference at that practice was you could tell the team had swagger. I believe Marshall brought that and so did Torry but he was a rook.

I see similar traits this year. Britt has brought swagger and as quiet as its kept, so does Quinn. When Peterson said he was taking it to the house on the first carry, Quinn answer was, “Yeah but ‘come on, he’s playing the Rams…..”. Love it!

Time will tell but let’s not forget to enjoy the journey as this team could be the real deal.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
This is what I have heard from the national media all offseason...

"If Sam Bradford can put it together this Rams team will be dangerous."
"This Rams defense and their run game will make them a threat."

After Bradfords injury...

"The Rams are doomed."

My favorite are the people that think they are going to win less than 7 games after Bradfords injury...I mean, did they not see what happened to the Rams last season?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We were 7-9 last year, with a gutsy, albeit inferior back up QB in Kellen Clemmens. The surrounding team is a year older and more experienced..Yet, we are still the youngest team in the NFL. Now we are placing a very good back up QB into a spot that Bradford NEVER enjoyed. A very good Oline, a good running game..WR's that might be the best group since GSOT....Hill is more accurate than KC...

So tell me again why expecting more than 7-9 is crazy?

Athos

Legend
Fuck no.

The smelly Vikes are going down. FIrst domino of 10 that will fall.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
With the Rams D and running game they do not have to rely on the QB to win games he just needs to not lose. If teams dont respect the pass Quick and Britt can make them pay, should be a very exciting season for us Rams fans as long as the team stays healthy.

Yes Bradford will be missed, but the team must play on and win.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
It does boil down to 45 minutes over and over and over for ten hours after I've heard it twice I go to music or the tennis channel , but then I go back in the evening to catch up on the "BREAKING NEWS"
they call it "programming" for a reason.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I work at home, and listen to sports radio from 7:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the evening. Both local and national (Patrick and Cowherd).

No one, and I mean NO ONE is treating the Rams as anything but an afterthought.
Every conversation re the NFC West starts out with "Rams are out of it", ...and then on to the superpowers, SEA and SF.

In the eyes of the nation, we are no different than the Browns, Raiders or Jags.

So...yes or no?

Through-out the years I have learned most of the Sport talking heads are not very smart ....period. Most are backbenchers who run with the mush of thought with the peers. They all basically say the same, believe the same & are often just plain wrong. But they usually sound real good on the air. Myself I find very little of what they are saying informative. Its very disappointing to say the least because I listen to a great deal of radio while I work too.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
My take is that the rams are very similar to Seattle. They both have great defenses ( seattle is better in the secondary but the rams have a better front 7), they both have strong running games, and I can see Hill being as good as Wilson (they are both heady and good leaders, dont have the strongest arms in the world but get it done, and mobile enough). The rams potentially have better receivers and a better oline. The biggest question mark for this season is will the eams secondary be good enough and if they are they will make the playoffs.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Before Bradford went down I was thinking 9 and 7. I believe we can all agree losing your starting QB is a major blow for any team. I am now more in a wait and see mode. I have faith in the team and coaches. Go Rams!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The only delusion is beleiving this team can't compete without Bradford. Contrary to popular belief, there's more to football than the QB position and we're stacked in the trenches. Games are won and lost by the big men up front, first and foremost.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It wasn't my intention to convey that the Rams couldn't or wouldn't compete. Sorry if I left that impression.

I think so. At least listening to these Minnesota fans, they'll easily stop our "sub par" O and will have no problem putting points on our D.

God I can't wait until tomorrow, we should have a much better idea come the end of the game.

AZRamsFan93

My take is that the rams are very similar to Seattle. They both have great defenses ( seattle is better in the secondary but the rams have a better front 7), they both have strong running games, and I can see Hill being as good as Wilson (they are both heady and good leaders, dont have the strongest arms in the world but get it done, and mobile enough). The rams potentially have better receivers and a better oline. The biggest question mark for this season is will the eams secondary be good enough and if they are they will make the playoffs.
No offense, but thinking Hill is as good as Wilson answers the OPs question with a resounding yes.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I can't speak for anyone else, but I know that I am crazy.

VARam

What did you expect?

We haven't won anything in over 10 years and play in the most competitive division the NFL has seen in the last 20 or so years.

perception is reality.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was somewhat of a rhetorical question, but great response(s).

Speaking of the media, the subject of DE tandems came up, and ...you guessed it.
Rams weren't mentioned.