Are we all delusional?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I work at home, and listen to sports radio from 7:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the evening. Both local and national (Patrick and Cowherd).

No one, and I mean NO ONE is treating the Rams as anything but an afterthought.
Every conversation re the NFC West starts out with "Rams are out of it", ...and then on to the superpowers, SEA and SF.

In the eyes of the nation, we are no different than the Browns, Raiders or Jags.

So...yes or no?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Or just typical fans.:banana:

PhxRam

I work at home, and listen to sports radio from 7:00 in the morning to 5:00 in the evening. Both local and national (Patrick and Cowherd).

Every conversation re the NFC West starts out with "Rams are out of it", ...and then on to the superpowers, SEA and SF.

In the eyes of the nation, we are no different than the Browns, Raiders or Jags.

So...yes or no?

early on all these announcers jump on the early season favorite wagon.

Early on nobody gave KC the time of day. After 5-6 games the media was swinging from their nuts.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes, we're all crazy.

But that doesn't mean the Rams aren't about to curb-stomp the rest of the NFL...

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think it's a bit of both. First - the non Rams fans are mostly forgetting that the Rams went 7-9 against a very tough schedule last season - mostly with KC as their QB. So they are underrating the Rams a bit. But I'm sure most of the posters on this board are overrating players who have not yet produced in the NFL. Some will take steps forward - but a lot will have to do so for the Rams to be a serious threat to win the division.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We could be wrong but the media's opinion is a joke. They don't tend to want to make big waves. If everyone is wrong, nobody looks the fool. A team just "surprised" them.

Plus, media types really don't know all that much about any team. That's the thing about being a fan. Yes, we're biased but we know an extraordinary amount about our team. Media guys cover every team and know only the surface level information about each.

ViperLjs

Rookie
The media almost never makes forward-looking projections, they just copy and paste last years' standings and put a new year on it. Until the Rams actually put up the wins, they won't get the respect. Just the way it goes.

I would say that the we know more about our team than at least 95% of the national media guys, who simply watch the national games and some highlights, and make their judgments based on that. Are some of our predictions optimistic? Sure. But many of the national perspectives seem needlessly pessimistic.

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
I believe in Shaun Hill. I have this team going 5-11. So no personally I'm not. The "media" was optimistic and saying the Rams would be a surprise wild card team and then Sam went down so ya. Ask your self, do you believe in Shaun Hill?

RamzFanz

Damnit
Writing off the Rams is a joke.

There are question marks lie Hill but there is so much talent, ignoring them is silly. They ignored them when Bradford was the QB too so no change.

If Hill plays well, at the very least they are going to be very disruptive with some fun games.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

So...yes or no?

The Rams will have a very good defense. The media will be forced to take notice. The D will only get better from here on out, as the team becomes more acclimated to Williams coaching. IF Hill can play better than Clemens, combined with the D, the Rams should have a good chance to win every game on the schedule.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
Most of my concern surrounding the chances for success of this team is different from what most media people seem to focus on: Shaun Hill.

I do have concerns.

I worry a lot about Jake Long, frankly. I don't know what to expect there. I'm not just talking about his health but also his ability to protect the QB. He certainly is rusty but I hope he performs better than what we've seen so far, and soon. I worry about the health of Wells and Saffold.

I worry about losing a starting CB. There is a lot of uncertainty there right now.

I worry about Joyner getting picked on while he goes through the growing pains of his first NFL season.

Shaun Hill is down the list of the things I worry about. Sure, I want to see him perform. Who knows? But if they can win with Clemons I don't see why they can't do even better with Hill.

Other teams fans have concerns as well. No team is perfect.

But there is also reason for optimism--legitimate reason. There is a LOT of young talent on this team. There are solid coaches on the staff.

We won't really know who the Rams are for a few games.

But I'm ready to find out. I'm ready for Sunday!

Go Rams!

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
In all honesty, 99% of fans are delusional to some degree. Wouldnt be as fun any other way.

P.S. Rams are going to surprise many this year. Gonna kick major ass!!!!

AnarchyRam

Rookie
All I know is this is the most talented Ram team in a long time. But they're also very young.

I liked what I saw from Quick and Britt in Pre-season.

Something I have not seen from the Rams WR in a very long time either.

If those two guys keep that kind of play up on Sunday, the Rams could be a tough team to beat..

BuiltRamTough

Pro Bowler
Name
Edmond
My heart says 16-0 but my brain says 5-11. My eyes and brain have seen our shecdule and they've also seen Shaun Hill play a handful of games the last 10 years lol

A55VA6

Legend
This is the way I look at it:

Most fans of teams know their team from top to bottom and see the progress and potential in players that fans of other teams don't see or understand. I mean, do most people know anything about Brian Quick? Not really. But we think he might blossom into a star. It's the same with all fans of other teams. The offseason gives everyone hope. New / improved players, positive attitude, "this is our year".. until the season comes and we truly find out what that team is.