Are we all delusional?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
No offense, but thinking Hill is as good as Wilson answers the OPs question with a resounding yes.
I don't think that is what he is implying.... if our QB can get 250+ and average a TD and a half or more and keep Turnovers down to to 1 or less a game.....We could easily be as good as Seattle

BTW: Wilson's stats are 202 yds a game, 54 TDs, 19 Ints, and 8 fumbles last in 33 games.......which works out real close to what I stated for Hill's stat line. and it's actually pretty pedestrian....

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
No offense, but thinking Hill is as good as Wilson answers the OPs question with a resounding yes.

I won't say Hill is as good as Wilson, but I don't think Wilson is as good as he's made out to be. Let's see what he can do when he doesn't have a running game or an exceptionally stout defense to back him up. If he can maintain his current/recent level of play, then yes I'll say he's as good as he's made out to be. If not, well then ...

I've rarely seen a QB come into the league under luckier circumstances than he has. In terms of luck, he's the anti-Bradford.

Athos

Legend
Add Jim Thomas to the negative nancies.
7 wins with two more losses to the Hags, a loss against Tampa (LOL!!), blowout from the Chiefs, loss to the Whiners, Chargers, Skinjobs (LOL!),

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Im saying the Wilson isnt all the great, he is a game manager. Thats all we are asking Hill to be. Im saying we can win the way Seattle does.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I worry a lot about Jake Long, frankly. I don't know what to expect there. I'm not just talking about his health but also his ability to protect the QB. He certainly is rusty but I hope he performs better than what we've seen so far, and soon. I worry about the health of Wells and Saffold.
This really is the key to the season. Its the elephant in the room so to speak.
If these guys can play even close to a full season together we'll be in very good shape offensively. I have serious doubts.

RAM's-NWST

UDFA
The media forgets that there are 3 phases to the game and the Rams are potentially strong at 2...special teams and defense. If the Rams can run the ball with special teams and defense close to last year...we will be competitive. It is how we are built. With better play calling and more discipline to avoid penalties we are very similar to how Seattle is built personnel wise other than secondary IMO.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
IMO offensive line inconsistency and knucklehead penalties are what could hold this team back in 2014. The talent, coaching and sound philosophies are in place.

Rams4life

I've been tricked before. When Linehan was coach, Spags and now fisher. I'll believe they have made it over the hump when they have a winning season and not until. So all the reporters saying the rams will be 5-11 are just going off of recent history. The rams will have to prove to everyone they have arrived, including me.

Walter

Rookie
"We will rally around Shaun Hill, and we will play good football." Can't wait!!

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
We haven't had a winning season since 2003. We haven't had a playoff season since 2004. So yeah, I can see why national media puts us on the same level as the Browns, Raiders or Jaguars. When we start winning that will change. We have to prove it before we get any respect. Tomorrow is the first step towards that.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I've been tricked before. When Linehan was coach, Spags and now fisher. I'll believe they have made it over the hump when they have a winning season and not until. So all the reporters saying the rams will be 5-11 are just going off of recent history. The rams will have to prove to everyone they have arrived, including me.

With Linehan and Spags we had no history to go on. We crossed our fingers they knew what to do with the rebuilding projects they had. Obviously, they didn't. With Fisher it feels different. He's had 17 consecutive years as a head coach and I'm sure he's had to do some rebuilding during that time. He's seen what works and he's seen what doesn't work. He's had some success and whatever mistakes he's had he learned from them. I think this rebuild project will be the one that works out.

I can't be sure because like you I've been fooled before. But I do have a good feeling about the future. I've said all along that 2014 wasn't going to be our year. I think we're getting better and we'll be a tough out. But I think we're still a year away. And I said that when Bradford was healthy. I feel like 2015 is the year we break out and the way Fisher and Snead have built this team the Rams will be here to stay when the reach the top.

209RamsFan

EFF those assholes....if that is the case, just give the Lombardi trophy to Sea.....and don't even play the games....all 31 other teams just go home.....hell noooo!!!! Any given Sunday!!!

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
With Linehan and Spags we had no history to go on. We crossed our fingers they knew what to do with the rebuilding projects they had. Obviously, they didn't. With Fisher it feels different. He's had 17 consecutive years as a head coach and I'm sure he's had to do some rebuilding during that time. He's seen what works and he's seen what doesn't work. He's had some success and whatever mistakes he's had he learned from them. I think this rebuild project will be the one that works out.

I can't be sure because like you I've been fooled before. But I do have a good feeling about the future. I've said all along that 2014 wasn't going to be our year. I think we're getting better and we'll be a tough out. But I think we're still a year away. And I said that when Bradford was healthy. I feel like 2015 is the year we break out and the way Fisher and Snead have built this team the Rams will be here to stay when the reach the top.
I think this is the first time that he's had this much input, and he and Snead are truly working together in a symbiotic fashion. If this team fails, I don't think they will, it will be on Fisher. I've had major questions before, but I really believe in what they are doing. Everything they are doing, in my opinion, is for the long haul, and the one thing that I want the most for this team...sustainability.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Media didn't think the Rams were anything special before the 99' season either.
And even during the course of that magical season the constant media refrain was that we hadn't played anyone. "Paper tigers" they said. Well, we got the last laugh didn't we? After the Super Bowl we were able to retort that we STILL hadn't played anybody. LOL.

adaystl3

UDFA
Name
ADSTL03
Anyone else remember the 4th week of 2012? Beat Seattle at home. They were so shocked and pissed off. I can remember a lot of Seattle fans on multiple websites calling RW a bust. They also said they would never win with Pete. Now those two are the best in their minds. It's time to piss them off again this year...(y)(y)(y)