Are we all delusional?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Yeah we're delusional. I hang my hat on the fact that we have a better, more experienced, roster this year than last. And we went 7-9 last year. So 8-8 should be doable. I'm not thinking playoffs. Just a continuation of momentum while we're "fixing" the QB position. The only thing I don't want to see is blowouts like we experienced last year against Dallas and SF.

All I ask for is that we're competitive every time we step onto the field.

ShaneFalco

My heart says 16-0 but my brain says 5-11. My eyes and brain have seen our shecdule and they've also seen Shaun Hill play a handful of games the last 10 years lol
with you there. To me most of it revolves around the QB situation. I dont think Hill is that great.

diverdown

UDFA
I worry that we STILL have questions at QB, WR, OT, OG, LB, CB, & S. Jake Long was a horrible signing. We needed to draft a better developmental QB than Gilbert. There were lots available in later rounds. Hill is a big ?. Our #2 overall pick isn't that good at the moment. Everyone here expects huge things from Britt & Quick....why??? I'll be thrilled if one of them has a decent year. Cook - another 40/500 for $43M, yea!

Worse yet, I've actually seen the majority of sites picking the Vikings (the VIKINGS) to win this game. These are the same sites that acknowledge the Vikes are a bottom 10 team.

All that being said, I'll be rooting them on all season long. I just see a slight step back from 7-9 as we get all geeked up about what a new QB will do for us next year.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I'm not sure what it is lately but everyone seems to be so high on the Vikings when four months ago everyone had them as a lock to be last place in their division (I still do btw). Maybe it was the fantasy "experts" being all high on Coradelle Patterson saying he's gonna be a top 10 WR or whatever. No big news/hype around the Rams lately so I think people just overlook us.

We kicked some ass last year with a very mediocre QB, and that was against good teams. For the people in the media saying we have no chance in this game without even thinking about it, they're making themselves look dumb.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Oh and another side note about the media that I find amusing is how they never gave Bradford any props or credit before his injury but now that he's hurt it's like we've just lost Aaron Rodgers or something. Our team is so incomplete without our starting QB....

Not the first to point this out, just think it's a reflection of how dumb the media can be.

adaystl3

UDFA
Name
ADSTL03
10-6. Guess I'm crazy but I really believe this will happen. I play fantasy football on ESPN and they have Givens projected at 9 pts and Quick with 0. Not saying Quick will have a monster game but I bet he at the very least gets a catch. ;)

We need to raise our floor, if we play to our ceiling we can go 16-0, it's just that when we're bad we can lose to anyone in the league. The question is how often can we play at our best?

I won't make predictions, but I know how well this team can play.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Why in the world would the OP listen to 10hrs of Sports Talk Radio a day? That's mind numbing.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I think Hill will surprise many fans. He's better than KC and is a leader. With this D and running game, I think he's good enough to win 8-9 games. This may be the best team he's ever played on.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Most teams that lose their starting QB automatically get dumped by the media and non-fans of the team.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Why in the world would the OP listen to 10hrs of Sports Talk Radio a day? That's mind numbing.

It does boil down to 45 minutes over and over and over for ten hours after I've heard it twice I go to music or the tennis channel , but then I go back in the evening to catch up on the "BREAKING NEWS"

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh and another side note about the media that I find amusing is how they never gave Bradford any props or credit before his injury but now that he's hurt it's like we've just lost Aaron Rodgers or something. Our team is so incomplete without our starting QB....

Not the first to point this out, just think it's a reflection of how dumb the media can be.

I couldn't have said it any better.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
My spin on it that the media knows the Rams should have one of the best defence in the NFL. Tough schedule and unimpressive offence is the big question here. Did we improve on offence with who we have as starters ? Will Britt and Quick be the Guys we hope they will be ? Will the offence line stay healthy ? Will Saffold and Long make it through the whole season ?

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Will we be as strong or stronger in the Division this year as we were 2 years ago ?

whitehops

UDFA
This is the way I look at it:
Most fans of teams know their team from top to bottom and see the progress and potential in players that fans of other teams don't see or understand. I mean, do most people know anything about Brian Quick? Not really. But we think he might blossom into a star. It's the same with all fans of other teams. The offseason gives everyone hope. New / improved players, positive attitude, "this is our year".. until the season comes and we truly find out what that team is.

astute observation, most every team's fans are the same, especially at this time of year.