Anthony Lynn new OC? Hired as Chargers HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gus is well regarded still. If he comes in and fields a strong defense as part of a Rams' resurgence he'll be back in that churn very quickly IMO.

14-48....14-48!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Did everybody drop the whole "Redskins is racist" thing?
Just wondering. I saw you use the word and you didn't burst into flames.

I'm part Seneca and Lenape. Learning Lenape little here and there. I've said that I don't like it, won't use the word, think it's a slur (I only ever refer to the team as "Washington"), but beyond that... I just leave it at that. I'm a mutt...part black, too.

I find that truly racist people will find a way to be racist in thought, word and deed, whether you change the "okay" words or not. So...there's that.

It's not so much a "thing", but it doesn't mean it's less of a principle for those who oppose it...Meaning, I won't start using the word just because it's out of the news.

/shrug

In happier news, we got the HC we need!

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
14-48....14-48!

You can be a good coordinator and a lousy head coach. Linehan and Spags have proven that, as have many others.

Edit: Never mind - I didn't get the context of what you were saying.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Wow - Callahan??? I'd love that, but I'd think the Redskins were insane to let him go.

Doesn't seem too likely, right? They already lost McVay, they'd be fools to lose Callahan. Unless Gruden is willing to do his buddy a favor or something, but again seems unlikely.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'm guessing they'll look at him, maybe try for him, but not get him.

If nothing else they should at least request permission to interview him. The worst thing Washington can say is "no".

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Doesn't seem too likely, right? They already lost McVay, they'd be fools to lose Callahan. Unless Gruden is willing to do his buddy a favor or something, but again seems unlikely.
OC would be a promotion. I thought only lateral moves needed team approval

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Callahan as OC would be good by me. He could help the OL immensely! It wouldn't be a lateral move for him. Can't we send some Disneyland passes or something to Washington for a chance to interview him?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
OC would be a promotion. I thought only lateral moves needed team approval

Anything that's not a promotion to Head Coach is considered a lateral move under NFL rules unfortunately. Basically OL to OC isn't considered a promotion and can be blocked.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm not a fan of Greg Olson as the OC.

Me neither. I'm a fan of Callahan but not a big fan of Olson. Rather have him as QB coach.

At the same time, maybe he'd be better with McVay calling plays and running his O.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Wouldn't Washington have to give us permission for Callahan ? If so, why would they ?

unless its for HC, a team can deny interview requests (and in turn job offers) for their assistants. Usually a team is willing to grant permission if it means moving up the ladder to coordinator, but they dont have to. A recent example is John DeFilippo. The Jets requested permission to interview, but the eagles denied it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

Callahan is undoubtedly his top choice but yeah, why would they give him up? That said, being a non-jerk with allowing your coaches to take better jobs is smart too, and can help you attract top up and comers and Jay Gruden seems pretty astute with that. Still though, I'll be amazed if that happens.

I'll also need even more personal time for my, er, meditation!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p0cPxRb0jc

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Me neither. I'm a fan of Callahan but not a big fan of Olson. Rather have him as QB coach.

At the same time, maybe he'd be better with McVay calling plays and running his O.

I don't want him as QB Coach either. Offensive consultant would be my ideal position for him.