Anthony Lynn new OC? Hired as Chargers HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
got a message on my phone don't have any links yet but its looking like McVay is bringing Lynn AND Wade Phillips with him:pillowfight::grouphug::wow:

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Lynn had a 2nd interview with the Chargers today, didn't he?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There are a lot of SOURCES saying this is happening but I don't know who these SOURCES are. it sure sounds legit though.

Last edited:

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's been 15 minutes WHY NO CONFIRMATION

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta wait and see. Wade and Lynn would be a coup. Lynn is perhaps the best HB Coach and running game coordinator in the NFL.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gotta wait and see. Wade and Lynn would be a coup. Lynn is perhaps the best HB Coach and running game coordinator in the NFL.
Would it concern you that hes almost certain to be a head coach next year?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

View: http://twitter.com/TurfShowTimes/status/819666320698593280

Word from my Denver friend is that Vance Joseph will be asking Wade Philips to return.

I think that's a change, so we'll see what Philips ultimately wants to do. I dunno if Philips committed to go with McVay if he got a gig.

But, I have a feeling that the tug of war over Wade Philips going on right now is RAGING!!!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would it concern you that hes almost certain to be a head coach next year?

If he's a head coach next year, he must have done something right with our offense. I'm okay with it. McVay is an offensive-minded HC.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's a head coach next year, he must have done something right with our offense. I'm okay with it. McVay is an offensive-minded HC.
Did you ever do a McVay head coach mock?
Cant wait to see it!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did you ever do a McVay head coach mock?
Cant wait to see it!

I made one earlier this week but scrapped it to wait and see who we'd hire. I'll get it out there. It's very different from my others.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception

Anthony Lynns philosophy of coaching seems on point.

Coaching philosophy[edit]
Lynn is known for advocating the infamous "Ground and Pound" technique.[11] He likes to run the ball on offense, and keep the defense rested so they can "pound" the opposing team.[12] He provides a strong running game and has exceptional run reads.[13] Offensively, his approach spirals off the idea that the running game should open up opportunities for the passing game.[14] He welcomes his players input and gives them a voice.[15] By simplifying the playbook, Lynn aims to reduce the stress of his players so they can execute with precision.[16] Anthony has coached some of the best running backs in the game and has been the common denominator in some of the greatest rushing offensives.

Could be nice for Gurley...

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I have a feeling that Lynn might get the Chargers HC job if he wants it.

I think it's a quagmire and he's better suited to turn around the Rams and take a better job than the Chargers because that's not set up to succeed, imho, especially with a move.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if several candidates take themselves out of the running with the announcement...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think it's a quagmire and he's better suited to turn around the Rams and take a better job than the Chargers because that's not set up to succeed, imho, especially with a move.

As a matter of fact, it wouldn't surprise me if several candidates take themselves out of the running with the announcement...

I think the big problems with the Chargers job are:
1. The FO/Owners are horrible;
2. There is an uncertain power structure with the Owners trying to stick the new HC with the current staff; and
3. Philip Rivers threatened to retire if the Chargers moved to LA not too long ago.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
Yeah, I tweeted ESPN and NFLNetwork about Rivers and I think it's weird that no one's even wanting to talk about Rivers.

I wonder why? I'll keep tweeting about it...maybe someone will answer...sometime...

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy

Mike Smith took his name out and re-up'd w/ Bucs as DC