Anthony Lynn new OC? Hired as Chargers HC

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I'm just not a fan of his. Doesn't put enough emphasis on QB mechanics.

That's fair. I know he's not very popular with the fans, but wasn't quite sure on the specifics. He sure didn't help Bortles any this season, so you're probably right.

Who'd you look at for QB coach and OC if not Callahan/Olson?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's fair. I know he's not very popular with the fans, but wasn't quite sure on the specifics. He sure didn't help Bortles any this season, so you're probably right.

Who'd you look at for QB coach and OC if not Callahan/Olson?

Not sure. Tom Clements would interest me as a QB Coach if he's not retained by the Packers. It depends on what McVay wants in his OC. Aaron Kromer could potentially handle it if McVay isn't looking for a potential playcaller. If he is looking for a potential playcaller, I'm not sure.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not sure. Tom Clements would interest me as a QB Coach if he's not retained by the Packers. It depends on what McVay wants in his OC. Aaron Kromer could potentially handle it if McVay isn't looking for a potential playcaller. If he is looking for a potential playcaller, I'm not sure.

Yeah, hard to say. I guess we'll see who McVay ends up picking. Allbright floated out Trestman too. I'm just gonna wait and see, but I think he'll make the right choice.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Per NFL network Anthony Lynn hired to be the HC of the Chargers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/13/chargers-name-anthony-lynn-head-coach/

Chargers name Anthony Lynn head coach
Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2017

The Chargers officially have a new home. And, officially, a new coach.

The latest arrival in Los Angeles has named Anthony Lynn the successor to Mike McCoy, and also the 16th coach in franchise history.

“One thing that’s very clear about Anthony Lynn is he’s a leader,” Chargers president of football operations John Spanos said in a press release. “He’s a natural-born leader. As you can tell, I am very excited about the leadership qualities he’s going to bring to our team. He is really going to communicate and connect with our players. He’s had a number of great coaching influences in his life and as a former player who won two Super Bowls, Anthony knows first-hand what championship pedigree is all about. We couldn’t be more excited to have him lead our franchise into this exciting new era of Chargers football.”

Lynn previously served as interim coach and offensive coordinator of the Bills. He returns to the AFC West, where he played as a member of the Broncos, winning championships in 1997 and 1998. He also spent the first three years of his coaching career in Denver.

“I’m having a hard time even putting into words how excited I am to be the new head coach for the Los Angeles Chargers,” Lynn said. “This is really a dream come true. I want all of our fans to know that we’re going to start by putting together a great staff and we’re going to put together a team with the heart and will of a champion. I know there’s a lot of work to be done and I’m going to give everything I have to the Chargers, the Spanos family, and the City of Los Angeles.”

Some had pegged Lynn as the next coach of the Bills, but the Bills opted for Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott. The hiring of Lynn makes him the fifth hire in this cycle; one vacancy remains, for now, in San Francisco.