Anonymous Ram Person: Goff will be made to look good, but will not win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JRobinson

MiLB
This is horse hockey... he said, she said, nonsense. Guys like Keyshawn, and ALL the other media gurus have to give opinions on content; period. They are all paid to "play the game", just like the politics media.

We, dedicated fans of the Rams, know the difference we've seen in Goff so far. It's literally night and day from the previous regime. Goff is improving, he's doing what he's supposed to be doing in the preseason, executing and finding rythem.

The NFL is loaded with talented athletes who are paid because of their ability; naturally. I get aggravated when people complain about "mistakes". Example: TD throw from Carr in between two Ram defenders this last preaseason game. Fans will say, 'that can't happen' or 'what a bad play by Joyner'. No, that was a well executed play by the Raiders' offense. Carr put the ball on the money, and it worked against the defensive play that was called.... tip your hat, and move on. Same thing goes with Goff, he's going to make plays, he's going to make bad reads, and he's going to throw interceptions. How he responds is what ultimately determines his success. Mistakes will happen, yes, and the opposition will succeed too, yes. But it's about minimizing opportunities for the opposition to make those plays; that determines the success for Goff and the Rams. We have to remember that Goff is being groomed now and it's apparent that it's working.

fearsomefour

Legend
Thanks, Ive been a lurker for a while finally decided to join!

To add to my point, later on they discussed the Louis Riddick tweets praising goff. He was mad that Louis "changed" his opinion. Said if you make an opinion "you should always stand by it". Just proves nothing goff does this year will change his mind. Too much pride for that knucklehead to admit he's wrong.
If you have an opinion and never change it, even if new information surfaces, that makes that person willfully ignorant.
No big surprise considering the source.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Keyshawn is so dumb on his BSPN job application, under "education", he put "Hooked on Phonics".

Zero

Pro Bowler
Have a lot of respect for Riddicks football analysis.He was one of the few that made any sense
last year while everybody else was screaming bust.

Last edited:

Zero

Pro Bowler
I appreciate the media support, but that doesn't really make sense. Hard to be a comeback player when he hasn't really had success in the NFL before. Most improved player maybe?
Maybe not the best wording,but Riddick is one of the few who knew why Jared
was struggling last year.Check out tweets above ^^^^^

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
roflbot.jpg
He looks so goofy in this photograph trying to look cool that it would be funny even without the caption.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think we can conclude from this nonsense that to get any air time, you have to basically make up things.

These guys were not studying journalism in college.
They have no clue that there are ethics involved.

And hey, it's just sports right?
The producers and directors don't give a flying hump either.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
He freaking hates Jon Gruden. You can easily find the articles from back in like 2002... Jon and the bucs sent that clown home for the last 6 games of the season because he was such an idiot. Meshawn made it clear that he hated Jon.

Oh shit I had forgotten about that. He was pouting about not getting the ball enough wasn't he?

If you have an opinion and never change it, even if new information surfaces, that makes that person willfully ignorant.

Yes, and something else. Intellectually dishonest and agenda driven. Which makes for really shitty journalism.

I think we can conclude from this nonsense that to get any air time, you have to basically make up things.

These guys were not studying journalism in college.
They have no clue that there are ethics involved.

And hey, it's just sports right?
The producers and directors don't give a flying hump either.

It's sad, but the "reality TV drama" mentality has found it's way into so many parts of our culture. And your remark that I underlined says it all..........they seem to think it's acceptable. Like they are part of the entertainment when they should be part of the source of information.

Journalism isn't supposed to be entertainment but it's become that in some ways and formats.

Great post Soul Surfer.

Dan Poplawski

Rookie
Name
Dan Poplawski
Let's think about the underdog QBs that have won a Super Bowl.... Joe Namath, Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, Terry Bradshaw, Jim Plunkett, Mark Rypien, Ken Stabler, Brad Johnson and the biggie, Jeff Hostetler, it's not a far stretch.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The flaw I see here is that the Rams strength is defense and special teams, so even if Goff posts some inflated statistics that should be elite but instead just end up making the offense average, the Rams will win. And like others have said if they don't win then it's gonna be on the defense most likely.

But to be fair he's correct that a system-based WCO (what McVay has shown this preseason so far) can make bad QBs seem statistically good, as completing a lot of short passes inflates QB stats. See Bradford's season, setting the NFL record for completion percent, 20 TD-5 INT ratio. It didn't get the Vikings anywhere, despite a top-10 defense, because every pass he threw went about 7 inches in the air. Not hating on Bradford because that's what he was told to do by Shurmer, and with not a lot of OL help they didn't have much else, just pointing out it is possible for a QB to have inflated stats, even set NFL records, and not post a winning record.

But again the "blame" if that happens here wouldn't be on Goff, it would be on McVay's scheme, or the OL, or something. Maybe that's what he was trying to get at, or maybe he's just a Goff hater, dunno. I'd probably shoot myself -- or better yet just change the channel -- before ever listening to Keyshawn.

Well said, that is what Key meant..I had trouble formulating what that Jackwagon meant this morning, so thank you!

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Why do you guys even listen to this crap? LOL Sports talk radio sucks balls.
we have no other outlet for the Rams. Other than a podcast or two once a week no one really talks rams.
I miss The Fast Lane. :(

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
we have no other outlet for the Rams. Other than a podcast or two once a week no one really talks rams.
I miss The Fast Lane. :(
Yes, me too!

Coverage at Training Camp was an excellent example of how bad/disinterested the ESPNA LA talkers were about the details concerning the team. It's as though they feel like they will lose their listenership if they don't talk Lakers and the general NBA instead of focusing on why they were in Irvine. Hearing the whistles and the sounds of action underneath their boxing commentary just about drove me insane...DMarco and Randy would have intently watched and relayed the action happening before them, no matter what group it was...The ESPN LA schmucks couldn't be bothered with that....

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Goff seems to be the type who has a chill demeanor on the outside but has an inner fire. I bet he's relishing lighting it up this year.