Anonymous Ram Person: Goff will be made to look good, but will not win

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, consider that the source is Keyshawn Johnson on the Ram's hating Morning Show on the Ram's Station, ESPN LA...but Key is saying that he spoke to someone within the Ram's organization that Goff will be made to look like he's much improved in the game. but he won't make the team good enough to win. Now, Johnson already had a strong take prior to Preseason that Goff is a bust and so he may be selectively talking to someone that agrees with his point of view for confirmation...

It's funny that they had Bill Pollian as a guest, a former talent evaluator of QB's like Peyton Manniing, Jim Kelly, and Dan Marino...Of course Key was chummy with Pollian and believed when he asked the question, thinking Polian would naturally agree with him, "Is Jared Goff in the same class as those guys when they were drafted?" I literally can envision Johnson smirking at this point, This is essentially what he said:

"No he (Goff) is not, but it's not his fault. There was a greater ability to evaluate those guys because they stayed in school for four years. Goff was picked by the Rams because he had good arm strength, accuracy, and is athletic...but, he comes from a system that is so totally different than an NFL offense. Goff is not alone, like all of the rookie QB's picked this year, they leave school early and normally come from spread offenses. It's like NCAA basketball players that play a year in college and then go to the NBA. Since Goff was put in such a bad situation last year and has had to learn a new system this year, it would take at least 6 games for me to evaluate him, as to what he will be in the NFL."

I imagine Key didn't like that too much, because it didn't confirm his bias.

Last edited:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
When Goff wins the Super Bowl this year everyone will be saying "Remember when Trent Dilfer won the Super Bowl?" You can't win with the haters. I never thought we would actually have any. But it seems like people just prefer the Rams to stay terrible. Well get used to it motherfuckers. We're going to be here for a long time.

socalrams90

Starter
New to the forum

Heard this in the morning. Getting tired of this clown shitting on goff/rams every day.

I tried to call in to ask him what exactly the problem is with us playing him to our strengths. Mcvay has been clear about that all off season and if the stats are good does it really matter "how" we win?

It's time for us to start calling in and complaining/challengin these doofuses when they say uninformed shit.

bdfitz

UDFA
Goff is making strides and the haters hate it. lol. On a serious note if we can't sign Donald, and there is still plenty of time, they will trade Donald and they will get a boatload of picks as the contract numbers are yet TBD. At the least a key player trade. If the Rams didn't believe in Goff he'd be gone. He IS the future and if we have to lose Donald we'll resign Tru, jetison Austin (although I'm a big fan) sign Tree, Sammy and others to long term deals and build a decent Dline. Last year it seemed we could not live without Donald. It would be SO much better with him but not by losing Sammy, Tree, Austin and possibly Gurley in the long run. 50-60 mil? Not enough? Thanks for the highlight reel AD.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Goff will be serviceable. But the reason we will win or lose....will be our running game and defense this year. If we control the clock, play with the lead and make teams catch up or have to speed up their offense to make good the limited amount of possessions they get. We will win (more than we lose...). Our defense is being built to defend against the pass. It's a Wade Phillips staple. But if we have to beat teams in a shootout this year. We will not do as well. But that's my humble opinion........

Psycho_X

Legend
That's the dumbest quote I've ever heard. You can't make a QB look good and not win. Sure they will give him a lot of easy throws or dump off options which will pad his completion percentage but that's what McVay likes. It's about letting your playmakers make plays. As long as Goff is getting the ball into others hands and not causing turnovers he'll be doing his job. Keyshawn is a fucking moron.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
If Goff "looks good" then the Rams will win.

I mean, yeah - he will throw TD passes, not turn the ball over too much, and run an efficient offense - but that doesn't mean is he GOOD. How can you make a QB look good but not win?

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Key needs to share a source once in a while...seriously.

I'm more concerned with the line and the safeties...than the QB play...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
New to the forum

Heard this in the morning. Getting tired of this clown crapping on goff/rams every day.

I tried to call in to ask him what exactly the problem is with us playing him to our strengths. Mcvay has been clear about that all off season and if the stats are good does it really matter "how" we win?

It's time for us to start calling in and complaining/challengin these doofuses when they say uninformed crap.
I love your attitude Soccalrams90!!(y)(y) Welcome to ROD!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
" There is no one in the sports media I would like to "Bitch-Slap" more than Keyshawn Johnson!"

socalrams90

Starter
I love your attitude Soccalrams90!!(y)(y) Welcome to ROD!!
Thanks, Ive been a lurker for a while finally decided to join!

To add to my point, later on they discussed the Louis Riddick tweets praising goff. He was mad that Louis "changed" his opinion. Said if you make an opinion "you should always stand by it". Just proves nothing goff does this year will change his mind. Too much pride for that knucklehead to admit he's wrong.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If I spent my time listening to "anonymous sources", I would still be digging up parts of Iraq looking for weapons of mass destruction.

bdfitz

UDFA
I’ll have to go back and watch the first few ’99 season games against the Ravens, Bengals, etc. I’d bet the entire league focused on Faulk, knew nothing about Hakim and felt Holt would have a similar year to Bruce’s rookie campaign, 20 or so catches. No TE threats no Greene and Who is this Guy? They likely stacked the box to stop Faulk and Warner toasted them ALL. He threw several near picks against the Ravens but the Bengals played like men without arms. I have complete confidence that at Goff (22) can be as good as Warner at WINNING GAMES by 27. Right now he is hitting a Rhythm and we have a lot of YAK from these WRs & TEs. The thing that stunned me about Martz & Warner was we still had the penalties, holding, motion, etc. but 2nd and 15, 3rd and 20 was nothing for Warner. Our deep crossing routes were unstoppable. It will take time but I think Goff will get there and we’ll be getting the yardage we need more often than not. Last year we (he) couldn’t convert 3rd and 3 and neither could Keenum. Coaching? nah. LOL

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
the thing about anonymous sources ....is that they could be the towel boy ,,, the water boy ..the guy that changes the toilet paper .... unless that source is Mcvay Olson wade ...then i don't give a shit what the anonymous person says

Goff will never get enoough love from the media they are sticking to their bust narrative to the death

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Key needs to share a source once in a while...seriously.

I don't think he has any real credible sources though Champ........I think he just through that out there to sound good.

Goff will never get enoough love from the media they are sticking to their bust narrative to the death

It's going to be fun to listen to the spin when he ends up not being a bust. Lots of people are going to eat crow.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Goff looks good for one preseason game and the haters are looking bad . They will do whatever they can to prove that they were right about goff being a bust. Keyshawn wrote a book called "throw me the damn ball " that's deffibatley the guy I want evaluating quarterbacks .

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
roflbot.jpg