Andrew Whitworth expected to sign with LA Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I don't question GRob's strength however I do question his mauling ability. He seems to have an extremely tough time sustaining run blocks, defenders just slip right off of him.
You can't fix stupid -GRob-

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Don't forget Brown guys. With proper coaching he might actually reach his potential

Whitworth, Brown, Draft/FA, GRob, Haventstein

And lots of Gurley.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
Brown to center? Goff will be calling out protections under McVay/LaFleur, I'd actually see if Brown could handle center.

sadly a lot of people struggle snapping the ball if they havent done it much of their career

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Once we draft our future Center to compete at Center with Barnes we can finally say goodbye to Rhaney who I know many will disagree but just scares me to death for Goff's sake. Someone mentioned Toth as our guy from Kentuky and he is raw as most rookie C's are .I think we can do better than( won't be unhappy though) I also like the OSU Buckeyes Center and the LSU Center needs weightroom and some don't like his length. I am so happy we addressed our #BLINDSIDE and am thrilled and I think we have the meat and coaching to fill all other positions. I'm not asking for Fredricks from the cowgirls but I think our pivot position is just too important not to solidify it better than Barnes who I deeply love him as a person and his story of super hard work and how his never say die attitude may still be an unwritten book like Kurt Warner was.

We MUST have a real stud at our center position. There was one we could have grabbed in FA (Tretter?)not a Mangold fan but as a bridge and If we cut a few we might continue our streak of luck. Maybe our new OL coach can work magic with Wichman. I don't mean to pee in the pool but the stunts up the middle are as frequent as edge rushers getting there. We must give Goff a clean pocket after his experiences last season to get our offense finally off the ground and back on the ground with Gurley. Get Gurley some help too. Maybe Blount is still around after first round of FA dries up. :icare:

Last edited:

A55VA6

Legend
Your new LT, Rams fans... 6'7", 335 lbs of man.

awt.JPG

A55VA6

Legend
As for Center, we need to replace Barnes - probably with a 3rd or 4th round pick in the draft. Although, I'd like to keep him as a backup because he does play hard and does some things well.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
This is just great News! I couldn't be happier!! Unless, of course, next we get Tretter and another Guard!:rolllaugh:

TexasRam

Legend
Excellent signing and price.

We need one more Oline signing at center or guard.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Thought for sure that Whitworth would go to a consistent play-off team for his final contract, this is an unexpected pleasure. Just popped a bottle of Mumm Napa to celebrate. I did predict GRob for RG, so that's a good move imo.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Havenstien? Man...I'm telling you...the amount of pressure in some games from the right side...the lack of push...If we didn't put some real competition over there for Rob, we're doing HIM a disservice....If he puts in some work on that lower body....maybe...but I don't see Havenstein holding off Robinson for the tackle position. Greg has a tackle body...he moves like a tackle...who wouldn't want him on the edge??? There is no way Kromer won't at least look at him there first. Now, if Brown & Wichman are virtually the same players as last season....

THAT CROWD IS ME BABY!!!! Whitworth deal is...again...front loaded...not sure of the numbers...but this is definitely not permanent. Playing anywhere will develop G-Rob offensive line skills...better still, playing in a functional unit will develop his football IQ. He needs time around competent line play. LT's often start on the RT side, then move over when ready. Think Tyron with the Cowboys. I believe Greg can play...if he can do NOTHING ELSE, he can run block. Which should be HARDER than pass blocking...At least it was to me.

It places our best physical specimens on the bookends....Andy at LT...and Greg at RT....I'd say Brown, Wichman, Donnall, and....someone I'm missing...are battling for RG...I'd draft one, cause there are a couple I'd like...

But CENTER is the FINAL PIECE FELLAS!!!!!!

I think you are being hard on Havenstein. He was very good in his rookie year. I agree the foot injury could be a problem but we really don't know until we see him this summer. So, assuming he is healthy then Havenstein should stay at ORT, if they are trying to put the best group on the field. I get what you mean about not giving up on GRob, and moving him to ORT would be good for his development, but moving from left to right isn't an easy transition for many and I recall Greg saying as much last summer.

I guess we wait and see. Maybe Greg's problem is his head, and it can't be fixed. I am surprised by this Whitworth signing because it instantly made me think about GRob and what Kromer thinks of him. Desire to replace GRob, or move him tells me that Kromer doesn't think he could make it work with Greg at OLT....which is a big deal because coaches are arrogant by nature. They see a guy with Greg's tools and they drool.

It makes me wonder if, at some point, they shop Robinson. If not I think the move says that he is destined for Guard, whether Havenstein is healthy or not.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think you are being hard on Havenstein. He was very good in his rookie year. I agree the foot injury could be a problem but we really don't know until we see him this summer. So, assuming he is healthy then Havenstein should stay at ORT
Probably....As good as his rookie year, I'd say his sophomore year was just as bad....maybe worse. I don't get a guy, that's hurt, playing, and playing poorly, at the risk of other players safety (our QBs:shocking:). Just man up and admit, hey, I can't go. It wasn't a surprise. Hell, he missed the entire preseason. Was he pressured by our staff? Did he just take a shot and try to push through it? I've often wondered about the releases of Kush and Reynolds...and the way we could have kept Saffold at RT....kept Kush...kept Reynolds on the team...and sat Wichman, Brown, and Havenstein when their play declined. And Andrew Donnall looked like he stayed on his ole Iowa farm...eating steak and lifting weights....bunch of the 2nd year guys were noticeably bigger....but Donnal stood out to me...I thought Donnal was Havenstein at practice....then saw Havenstein in shorts...
If healthy, Havenstein, like all the line, deserves the RIGHT to battle for his position...against real competition. No more handing people jobs...cutting deserving players...reminds me of "daddy ballin". Playing your kid because you coach...Hiring your SON because you coach....We need to get that atmosphere outta Rams camp.