Alshon Jeffery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Where is this rumor that Chicago might trade him coming from?

V3

Hall of Fame
I just can't see Chicago trading Jeffery away. He's young and proven. Chicago is going to take a QB in the draft. That QB is going to need a weapon to ease his learning curve. If they're stupid enough to trade him, I'd give up two 2nd rounders for him as long as we know we can re-sign him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
But he was out there - which means defenses accounted for him - and by the way - generally with their #1 corner. What can Alshon do against bracket coverage? We don't know - he hasn't faced it.

You're not necessarily wrong, but I think you're underestimating how much attention he got. Either way, I'd have no problem trading for him. He just put up 5 receptions for 78 yards in the opener while playing with a bad hamstring. Just one game, but I think he'll be fine.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Can always do that.....
We could have Rogers and Mangold instead of Barron and Hill in 2005 and 2006. That sort of stuff never ends. Every team can do it every year.
Nope, this is different. We had our sights on Wagner, but got cute with the trade down.

Nobody had Quick higher than Jeffery.

Now, on another hand, we could had Blackmon too. So we dodged a bullet there.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
That said, there were a LOT of people who doubted Jeffery and thought he was fat, entitled at South Carolina and he wouldn't translate to the NFL because he came from a spread.

I lobbied HARD for him. What I saw on film JUMPED out at me. Not saying I was the only one, but he definitely had his doubters coming out. There were plenty who may have said "Quick, who?", but were happy we didn't take Jeffery because they didn't think he had a chance.

I just know I had Blackmon on my "Do NOT Draft". I didn't want him for anything. Not in any round.

It's funny. I just see things. Same thing in my Jiu-Jitsu class. I'm a white belt and I'll be getting mental reps because I'm out for one damn reason or another and I'll notice something that the green and blue belts won't and I'll go and say, "try this... put your hand here. You're leverage is off." It's not 100% or anything, but I've earned a ton of respect in my gym for having that eye for seeing things other just don't or maybe noticing a pretty rare technique. I was watching two classmates roll with my instructor and I mentioned, "he missed a choke on the pass." He looked at me and pushed me and laughed. "How do you know about that?" I didn't know what he was talking about. Looked obvious to me. Turns out, it was this really advanced transition that more purples don't even know about. Just seemed obvious. Probably what made me multimedia engineer I was.

Anyway, speaking of which, I gotta get my not as fat butt to BJJ, but yeah, IF we can get Alshon Jeffery, that would be stellar.

A WR corps of Jeffery, Quick, Austin, Bailey, Givens and Marquez could quickly become one of the better ones in the league.

I would easily trade Jeffery for picks (I REALLY like that 2nd in 2016 with conditional in 2017 based on if he re-signs with us) and throw in Britt so that we have cost containment and it facilitates the trade. Also, Jeffery and Britt would be filling the same role so that's the move.

Do you pay a guy like that? I dunno. He's not Julio Jones, but if he's going to be singled up, Foles can hit him. If he draws bracket coverage, we DO have the talent to take advantage of that and our Pass Pro is close to top 10 now... WITH THESE ROOKIES AGAINST TWO TOP DEFENSES. Imagine what this OL will do when it really gets its feet under it. Meanwhile, the running game will only get more established.

So, the pass maybe opens up the run a bit which allows the Rams to really start to pound it. THAT opens up the play action pass and then BOOM! that opens up the rest of the playbook as well as the potential for big runs from Gurley.

I dunno if Jeffery is available, but productive, big-bodied top 10 WRs aren't generally available under 26. We've seen Jeffery take over games when the Bears had no D (which is a sacrilege the entire NFL should be concerned about... Chicago may go 0-16, but they should ALWAYS have a solid D at the very least...I mean, c'mon!). Jeffery coupled with Quick who I think is still very capable. Is Quick in the doghouse? Nope. Remember, he's a slow learner and... this is a new offense. They are bringing him along a little slower so that he can succeed. You can't hold someone accountable if they aren't in position to succeed.

Sorry for this being so long (it's me, it should be expected by now, but still), but the potential of this team is really substantial. Adding a piece like Jeffery would be just...STELLAR. He could be incorporated almost immediately in a limited capacity and slowly more and more over the season. He's someone who demands attention without support which frees up other aspects of the offense.

Remember when Isaac Bruce got almost 1800 yards with Chris Miller at QB and almost no running game? Jeffery was pretty similar in Chicago. Not AS good, not as good a route runner for sure, but huge body and damn good at elevating for the ball.

The MINUTE he's available to pry out of Chicago (presuming this rumor is true, of course), if the Snisher doesn't go get him...that would be a mistake they'll regret.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah but the good teams keep their best players, unless it's some crazy contract demand.

It would be like Jeff Fisher getting rid of Robert Quinn.

Except Robert Quinn isn't a free agent at the end of the year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I lobbied HARD for him. What I saw on film JUMPED out at me. Not saying I was the only one, but he definitely had his doubters coming out. There were plenty who may have said "Quick, who?", but were happy we didn't take Jeffery because they didn't think he had a chance.

The draft is always interesting. Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze, sometimes you end up with it spilling all over the floor. It's interesting that we had a chance to take two extremely talented SC players who had potential weight issues and we picked the wrong one.(Rok Watkins)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
useless bums demanding tons of cap space (Cook).

In the end it's probably all talk for nothing. I doubt Chicago moves him.
Not cool. Cook is a Ram and we don't trash Rams as "useless bums" on this site.

2 and 2 after Sunday!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Nah. They're trading Forte because he's a FA at the end of the year. Same is true of Jeffery. I think Jeffery being traded is less likely than Forte. But you never know. New regimes tend to value different players differently. Think of Rich Brooks and Jerome Bettis.
Rich Brooks was a pure speed guy. He thought the team was to slow when he came in.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If we could work a trade with an extension, I'd give next years 1 without a second thought.
The guy is young, talented and is already acclimated to the league. There will be no rookie growing pains with the kid.
He is just what this team needs if we want to score more points.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Get him at all costs! I watched the highlights and anyone that can catch like that is how we can win close games and beat good teams like the Steelers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If he's available...I'd deal Britt, a 2016 second (ours), a 2017 third, and perhaps a conditional pick as well (if he signs with us).

We need this guy badly.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we could work a trade with an extension, I'd give next years 1 without a second thought.
The guy is young, talented and is already acclimated to the league. There will be no rookie growing pains with the kid.
He is just what this team needs if we want to score more points.
Yikes. That's a little steep considering most trades are made for much less. Brandon Marshall was traded for like a 3rd lol and when we traded for Brandon Lloyd he was comin off of a 1400 yard and 14 td season. We got him for a fifth.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yikes. That's a little steep considering most trades are made for much less. Brandon Marshall was traded for like a 3rd lol and when we traded for Brandon Lloyd he was comin off of a 1400 yard and 14 td season. We got him for a fifth.

Brandon Marshall had domestic violence issues stemming back to college (although to his credit, he's been much, much better since he was actually diagnosed and treated). Brandon Lloyd had done nothing with anyone except for the Broncos and Josh McDaniels. Both of them were also older than Jeffery. If it had to take a first, I probably wouldn't do it, but he's not going to go for a third or a fifth. If we could guarantee the signing (and we can with the franchise tag), I'd gladly take him as a number one over Britt.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

At Alshon's age, Brandon Marshall was traded for two 2nd round picks after having been suspended for disciplinary issues twice in the two preceding seasons.

V3

Hall of Fame
Brandon Marshall had domestic violence issues stemming back to college (although to his credit, he's been much, much better since he was actually diagnosed and treated). Brandon Lloyd had done nothing with anyone except for the Broncos and Josh McDaniels. Both of them were also older than Jeffery. If it had to take a first, I probably wouldn't do it, but he's not going to go for a third or a fifth. If we could guarantee the signing (and we can with the franchise tag), I'd gladly take him as a number one over Britt.
Yeah, but Jeffery is fat and lazy. Haven't you heard?

Memento

Name
Jemma
Yeah, but Jeffery is fat and lazy. Haven't you heard?

Yeah, I thought he was as well. I was wrong. He got to the NFL and started crushing everyone. If he really is available, we should make every effort to acquire him.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cook can't catch... but Jeffrey will probably go for a 2nd or 3rd rounder... maybe 3rd and a later pick. It's simple supply and demand. If someone is trying to sell something you can low ball them and see how departed they are and work your way up. BUT if you go to someone wanting something they shoot for the stars and negotiate lower.. no way anyone gives up a 1st for him... maybe even not a 2nd. U would love him as a ram, they should drafted him instead of quick and we wouldn't have thread lol.

He's 25 and a proven star, he'd get at least a mid second and maybe a low first. He's got a lot of value and he's a proven commodity so if they are going to move him they will "get paid".

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Cook can't catch... but Jeffrey will probably go for a 2nd or 3rd rounder... maybe 3rd and a later pick. It's simple supply and demand. If someone is trying to sell something you can low ball them and see how departed they are and work your way up. BUT if you go to someone wanting something they shoot for the stars and negotiate lower.. no way anyone gives up a 1st for him... maybe even not a 2nd. U would love him as a ram, they should drafted him instead of quick and we wouldn't have thread lol.

He's 25 and a proven star, he'd get at least a mid second and maybe a low first. He's got a lot of value and he's a proven commodity so if they are going to move him they will "get paid".

Athos

Legend
Yeah, I thought he was as well. I was wrong. He got to the NFL and started crushing everyone. If he really is available, we should make every effort to acquire him.

To be fair, he did balloon and get a bit lazy his senior year which worried me, but he got himself into cut NFL shape and went back to dominating like his early SC years.

He's a beastly baller.