Alshon Jeffery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
Quick, Jeffery, Britt, and Cook = red zone nightmare
Cook can't catch... but Jeffrey will probably go for a 2nd or 3rd rounder... maybe 3rd and a later pick. It's simple supply and demand. If someone is trying to sell something you can low ball them and see how departed they are and work your way up. BUT if you go to someone wanting something they shoot for the stars and negotiate lower.. no way anyone gives up a 1st for him... maybe even not a 2nd. U would love him as a ram, they should drafted him instead of quick and we wouldn't have thread lol.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
So to become better, and fix that bad defense, they might trade a RB in his prime. A RB that has been the majority of that offense. 1000 yards every year except 2. Almost 500 yards receiving every year. 58 TDs.

Then they will also trade a top end WR? What?

I don't buy these rumors a bit.

Rainram

Starter
If he's available, the Rams need to make it happen. He's the sort of difference-maker we need.

Getting a WR of his caliber in the draft would cost us a 1st round pick. He's easily worth a 2016 2nd and a 2017 conditional 2nd.(condition being that he re-signs)
I'm good with that...but I might also put conditions on his playing time this year. Less than 50% of the snaps...they get a 3rd. Would hate to have him nurse his hammy all year, lose him to FA and be out a 2nd rounder.

But I would definitely inquire.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So to become better, and fix that bad defense, they might trade a RB in his prime. A RB that has been the majority of that offense. 1000 yards every year except 2. Almost 500 yards receiving every year. 58 TDs.

Nah. They're trading Forte because he's a FA at the end of the year. Same is true of Jeffery. I think Jeffery being traded is less likely than Forte. But you never know. New regimes tend to value different players differently. Think of Rich Brooks and Jerome Bettis.

Rainram

Starter

Or they realize they might lose Alshon and Forte anyway...both are FA in 2016 They'll be lucky to win 3 games this year. If they do have a fire sale they just might pick up multiple 1st or 2nds. Cutler is one heck of an enigma himself. Sell your team, see if you can get 5 or 6 picks in the top 75 or so. They may just be in line for #1 overall as it is.

Rainram

Starter
Nah. They're trading Forte because he's a FA at the end of the year. Same is true of Jeffery. I think Jeffery being traded is less likely than Forte. But you never know. New regimes tend to value different players differently. Think of Rich Brooks and Jerome Bettis.
Step behind ya.

And yeah...if you keep Jeffery, you keep an established #1 WR. With (hopefully) a healthy Kevin White coming along next year, that's a solid 1-2 combo. Find your QB and an OLine and start there.

For where they're at, I can see them pushing harder to move Forte. I mean their season is over as it is. Who are the suitors for Forte though? He's got a decent sized contract this year already.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Dez and DeMaryius got $14 million a year. Hilton got $13 million a year. Somewhere in that range.

We'll have money to re-sign the guys we need to retain.

Spending big bucks on a talent like Jeffery is worth it. Nobody here would have any issue spending the money it takes to lock up Aaron Donald. You lock up great players. Especially when you have a team with the talent to contend and the player is 25 years old.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wouldn't, not for a 13 game rental. He is a FA after this year.

Besides, why overpay when they seem to be trading off anything they can for anything they can get?
True, except the rental part. Sign him. Tag him. Whatever

Rainram

Starter

I certainly don't think he's Top 5 money-wise. I'd love to get him in the Antonio Brown to Brandon Marshall range of $8M-9M per year. He won't go for that though...lol.

Jeffery playing healthy a full season I could be convinced is worth $12M per.

Rainram

Starter
Dez and DeMaryius got $14 million a year. Hilton got $13 million a year. Somewhere in that range.

We'll have money to re-sign the guys we need to retain.

Spending big bucks on a talent like Jeffery is worth it. Nobody here would have any issue spending the money it takes to lock up Aaron Donald. You lock up great players. Especially when you have a team with the talent to contend and the player is 25 years old.

Hilton robbed the Colts blind IMHO. And I think Dez is a notch above.

Then again the Salary Cap increases. Adjusting for inflation...I can see $13M I suppose. Hope he stays in shape though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I certainly don't think he's Top 5 money-wise. I'd love to get him in the Antonio Brown to Brandon Marshall range of $8M-9M per year. He won't go for that though...lol.

Jeffery playing healthy a full season I could be convinced is worth $12M per.

The market rate for a player like Jeffery is $13 million to $14 million. He's not going to settle for less.

As the cap rises, salaries will rise. Especially with the caps on draft pick salaries.

jjab360

Legend
I would love it, basically another Mark Barron type move.

Jeffery could be that piece that takes the weakest link on an otherwise strong roster and makes us a complete team.

At that point, though, it would really would be all on the coaching staff to finally do something worthwhile with easily one of the most talented teams in the league.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Jeffery would be a windfall for this team. He is precisely the type of guy the Rams need: someone they can count on in the passing game. Right now it's all guys who are up and down game to game. So yeah, I'd pull the trigger in a hurry.

Fox needs to restack that roster and wants a pick vice a lost FA. So I am sure there's some truth to the rumors.

Only prob is I doubt Fish/Snead do it unless they can get him to agree to a contract in principle. Oh and btw that is where having Foles locked up for a few seasons at a decent price helps out.

Debacled

Starter
This offense isn't just a WR away from being awesome. With the inexperience on the line just don't think its in the cards this year.

I don't think Jeffery is in the same league as Dez Bryant/D. Thomas/A. Brown and the rest of the top flight WRs there. Tagging him is going to be over 13m, a long term deal will probably be paying him in excess of 15m+ a year which would make him the highest paid player on the team.

I like him, but not that much. I don't think Chicago is keen on the idea of letting him go either.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You mean a guy like B.Quick?
Sorry. Couldn't resist. I get what you're saying.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This offense isn't just a WR away from being awesome. With the inexperience on the line just don't think its in the cards this year.

I don't think Jeffery is in the same league as Dez Bryant/D. Thomas/A. Brown and the rest of the top flight WRs there. Tagging him is going to be over 13m, a long term deal will probably be paying him in excess of 15m+ a year which would make him the highest paid player on the team.

I like him, but not that much. I don't think Chicago is keen on the idea of letting him go either.

This offense might be a top 10 WR away from competent. And that's all we need. As I already pointed out in another thread, the inexperienced line is currently 11th in the NFL in total sacks allowed and 18th in the NFL in pressure allowed. They're run blocking horrendously but they've been serviceable in pass protection.

As far as where Jeffery rates, I think he is in the same league with those guys. He hasn't gotten to play with a Romo, Manning, Ryan, Roethlisberger, etc. and yet his numbers are not far inferior when compared with those other WRs over the past couple years.

Why would we be paying him $15 million a year? Those other WRs you just named didn't get that.

We complain about drops. We complain that we don't have a WR that scares opposing defenses. We complain that we don't have a guy that can dominate single coverage. We complain that we don't have a guy that can go up and get the ball. Alshon Jeffery offers every single one of those things...and he's 25 years old.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSpce-g5tPo

Debacled

Starter
This offense might be a top 10 WR away from competent. And that's all we need. As I already pointed out in another thread, the inexperienced line is currently 11th in the NFL in total sacks allowed and 18th in the NFL in pressure allowed. They're run blocking horrendously but they've been serviceable in pass protection.

As far as where Jeffery rates, I think he is in the same league with those guys. He hasn't gotten to play with a Romo, Manning, Ryan, Roethlisberger, etc. and yet his numbers are not far inferior when compared with those other WRs over the past couple years.

Why would we be paying him $15 million a year? Those other WRs you just named didn't get that.

We complain about drops. We complain that we don't have a WR that scares opposing defenses. We complain that we don't have a guy that can dominate single coverage. We complain that we don't have a guy that can go up and get the ball. Alshon Jeffery offers every single one of those things...and he's 25 years old.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSpce-g5tPo

I tend to believe this team is being held back, and will continue to be held back by the line. This offense just simply doesn't work without an at least function run game, and right now it is anything but. Until some semblance of a run game rears its ugly head we could roll Randy Moss in his prime out there and he wouldn't be able to fix the offense.

He is 25. And he is going to ask for 15 a year. And if the Bears don't give it to him, some other team will. Bryant and Thomas just got 14m a year this past season, Brown signed back in 2012 so that is a bit off as far as big money goes. Every year the contracts will continue to go up, just like the salary cap and franchise tag numbers. There will always be teams like the Dolphins out there just dying for the chance to hemorrhage money at FAs (they threw 60m at Mike Wallace just a few years back just to ship him out for nothing).

Paying top dollar on top of sending out more draft picks sucks unless its one of those last chip to win it all moves. If the line has a eureka moment and suddenly it all seems to click and it turns out we are just a big time wideout from being able to toy with other teams defenses, then yeah I'd probably like the sound of that. It isn't the case right now though.

Of course this is probably all just fantasy land. Bostic and Allen were sent packing because they were not good fits for Fox's defense. Forte may be on the move simply because he isn't a spring chicken anymore. I would think even if Jeffery doesn't resign with them they would be in line for a 3rd round comp pick out of him.