Alshon Jeffery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
rumors are flying that he and forte are available. Rams absolutely have to at least give a call, right? Right!?

A55VA6

Legend
I've seen Rams fans discussing Alshon Jeffrey on twitter, and I would be all for it. Doubt the Rams will make the move though...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've seen Rams fans discussing Alshon Jeffrey on twitter, and I would be all for it. Doubt the Rams will make the move though...
Reminds me of when we all wanted Brandon Lloyd and spags actually pulled it out. Hope we get it done

Debacled

Starter
Would give them the Eagles second without thinking twice
I wouldn't, not for a 13 game rental. He is a FA after this year.

Besides, why overpay when they seem to be trading off anything they can for anything they can get?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he's available, the Rams need to make it happen. He's the sort of difference-maker we need.

Getting a WR of his caliber in the draft would cost us a 1st round pick. He's easily worth a 2016 2nd and a 2017 conditional 2nd.(condition being that he re-signs)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I doubt he's available. Forte definitely, I think they're just breaking up the nucleus of underachievers. Bennett, Cutler, Forte. I doubt they give up Long or Jeffery. Those are guys you build your team around.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't, not for a 13 game rental. He is a FA after this year.

Besides, why overpay when they seem to be trading off anything they can for anything they can get?

Because you're not overpaying. You're underpaying. We can re-sign Jeffery or franchise him. He's worth it.

The guy is 25 years old and has a 1300 yard 10 TD season and a 1400 yard 7 TD season under his belt. He's a special player and is the missing piece for our offense.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
If he is actually available, we have to make every effort. He is what we want Quick to be and Quick is a big? This move would instantly legitimize our receiving core.
I venture to say it may be worth a #1 2016 + a mid 3-4 in 2017 If Quick is truly only behind but healthy throw him in as a perk.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If he is actually available, we have to make every effort. He is what we want Quick to be and Quick is a big? This move would instantly legitimize our receiving core.
I venture to say it may be worth a #1 2016 + a mid 3-4 in 2017 If Quick is truly only behind but healthy throw him in as a perk.

We can't afford to deal a 1st at this point. Too risky. Could end up being a top 5 or top 10 pick with our luck.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We can't afford to deal a 1st at this point. Too risky. Could end up being a top 5 or top 10 pick with our luck.
True enough, if it were a top 10 we may need to add a conditional clause. I may do a first and have them send us some early round compensation. Jeffery is certainly worth a top 10 pick especially to us. I like the 2 seconds you propose but it may not make us top bidder, we might need to offer big early and walk with the goods

Last edited:

jsimcox

Pro Bowler
Name
Jamie
This would be an excellent move if he's actually available and the Rams can make it happen. I can't help but think back to Fishers comments in his presser, about the need to make some more roster moves this week. Unlikely to be related, but makes me excited nonetheless. The fact that they signed Nick Toon, even just to the practice squad, suggests they might be interested in another receiver.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If he's available, the Rams need to make it happen. He's the sort of difference-maker we need.

Getting a WR of his caliber in the draft would cost us a 1st round pick. He's easily worth a 2016 2nd and a 2017 conditional 2nd.(condition being that he re-signs)

Agreed. I'd do that in a heart beat and I think the Bears would definitely consider it.

If he's available or even the Bears are fielding calls, I'd be extremely disappointed if we didn't at least do our due dilligence.