Alshon Jeffery

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I don't believe this, at all.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Things that sound too good to be true - usually are too good to be true. The Rams getting a playmaker like Alshon Jeffery sounds too good to be true.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
also, what would lead anyone to believe that he would want to play for a franchise that 1, not a real threat to make the playoffs, 2. not sure where the team will be located in the near future, 3. is a RUN first team. :rolleyes:

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
also, what would lead anyone to believe that he would want to play for a franchise that 1, not a real threat to make the playoffs, 2. not sure where the team will be located in the near future, 3. is a RUN first team. :rolleyes:
He probably doesn't have much of a say in where he's traded.

Psycho_X

Legend
Quick, Jeffery, Britt, and Cook = red zone nightmare

Have to be able to get to the redzone first. Something our offense has been unable to accomplish much for quite a long time now. I would be all for getting Jeffrey but not sure it fixes what's wrong with this offense.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Money

Athos

Legend
Yes please. Jeffery is the sort of WR you want in a run style offense. Big bodies. Blocker. RZ threat. Can stretch on play action and move the chains.

Yes I'd give up a 2nd. Doubtful this class has a good set of sure WR talent.

It's time we got a legit WR.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Yes please. Jeffery is the sort of WR you want in a run style offense. Big bodies. Blocker. RZ threat. Can stretch on play action and move the chains.

Would you give up a second and then pay him top 5 WR money?

Athos

Legend
Would you give up a second and then pay him top 5 WR money?

Yes. It is abundantly clear we have no real receiving threat teams fear. Not one bit. None of these jokers can get open on their own which is one reason Foles probably holds the ball so long.

Gurley needs help. This isn't the fucking 90s and earlier anymore.

Get a real WR. Doubt that happens in the draft this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I haven't looked at this upcoming draft, but if it's anything like the previous two there will be loads of WRs into the mid rounds that could help the Rams.

Problem is the Rams have not showed an ability to develop WRs with this regime. So for me it's more about timing. This OL as Jerry pointed out has been serviceable in pass pro. They're very young and as a group have a lot of physical strength so at some point here soon they should start to really gel together. Foles is locked up for a few seasons. Gurley is just getting started. So timing-wise it's a great moment to add a guy like him to settle down the young WR corps and give Foles a guy he can trust game to game.

I don't necessarily think it's gonna happen, mind you. I'd put it in the too good to be true category. But man... I would immediately order his jersey, right after I'm done doing backflips if it happened.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Paying Alshon Jeffery like he is Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demarius Thomas, Antonio Brown or AJ Green seems risky.

We have never really seen him as a #1 WR in the league - his best play has been as part of a 2 headed monster.

Not saying I'm totally against it, but he also has some availability question marks.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Nah. They're trading Forte because he's a FA at the end of the year. Same is true of Jeffery. I think Jeffery being traded is less likely than Forte. But you never know. New regimes tend to value different players differently. Think of Rich Brooks and Jerome Bettis.

Yeah but the good teams keep their best players, unless it's some crazy contract demand.

It would be like Jeff Fisher getting rid of Robert Quinn.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Paying Alshon Jeffery like he is Julio Jones, Dez Bryant, Demarius Thomas, Antonio Brown or AJ Green seems risky.

We have never really seen him as a #1 WR in the league - his best play has been as part of a 2 headed monster.

Not saying I'm totally against it, but he also has some availability question marks.

Marshall didn't play well this last year in Chicago. Jeffery was definitely the #1 WR then and he produced greatly. I have no worries there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Marshall didn't play well this last year in Chicago. Jeffery was definitely the #1 WR then and he produced greatly. I have no worries there.

But he was out there - which means defenses accounted for him - and by the way - generally with their #1 corner. What can Alshon do against bracket coverage? We don't know - he hasn't faced it.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame

A WR of his caliber is not coming to St. Louis unless we overpay. And since this regime seems totally incapable of developing the receivers they draft.... we might well have to go the free agency route.

At least Jeffery is young. Maybe if he is the #1 here he would blossom and be in the same tier as those guys going forward. I wouldn't count on it. But you never know.

I guess my point is that sometimes you have to overpay to get the kind of elite player your team needs. The key is to do so judiciously and smartly so that you are left with great players even if their cap hits are a tad too high in the abstract, instead of useless bums demanding tons of cap space (Cook).

In the end it's probably all talk for nothing. I doubt Chicago moves him.