Aldon Smith arrested for DUI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I don't live in CA so I'm not really sure, but do taxis cost $10,000 there? If not he's a moron

Seriously though, this is his second offense AND he was going to practice...high and drunk

Once Justin Smith is done, that whole team will unravel. Watch

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
My guess is that he plays the rest of the year and may serve a suspension in 2014.

Just seems like you gotta kill a guy before the NFL takes immediate action.

bluecoconuts

Legend
max said:
My guess is that he plays the rest of the year and may serve a suspension in 2014.

Or not be a star player.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
bluecoconuts said:
max said:

Or not be a star player.

True.

I remember hearing Kirwan and Ryan rave about what a great guy Vonn Miller was even after all the illegal crap he did.

The jockocracy really sticks together.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
max said:
True.

I remember hearing Kirwan and Ryan rave about what a great guy Vonn Miller was even after all the illegal crap he did.

One doesn't really affect another. You can be a nice guy and still be immature and make bad choices. You can be a complete jerkwad and not make stupid choices. Trust me, I know. :lol:

rams24/7

Pro Bowler
Name
Nick
When does Smith lose his drivers license? Shouldn't it be revoked after his second offense behind the wheel?

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What is interesting is the "injury" clause for felony DUI in CA. The fact he crashed his car and if he himself was injured at all, I wonder if they can lower the boom? We have tree hugging hippies out here that might represent the tree! :lol:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Update: His BAC was 0.15, twice legal limit.

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/police-witness-indicate-aldon-smith-was-very-impaired/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -impaired/</a>

Police, witness indicate Aldon Smith was very impaired

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 20, 2013, 7:43 PM EDT
Aldon Smith
AP
San Francisco linebacker Aldon Smith was apparently very drunk when he crashed his car into a tree at 7 a.m. today.

Police say Smith’s blood-alcohol level was .15, according to the San Jose Mercury News. That’s nearly twice the legal limit.

One would think someone with a person who was that drunk at that time of day would struggle to practice later in the day, but Smith did hit the practice field after making bail, and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Smith “seemed like he had his wits about him.”

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, a neighbor who witnessed the accident said Smith’s foot was still on the accelerator of his SUV, which was against a tree, when police arrived. That caused the tires to smoke, and that suggests that Smith (who also had marijuana and pills in his possession) was seriously impaired.

Still, the 49ers plan to put Smith on the field. They’ve said that any discipline is going to have to come from the NFL, because the 49ers have no intention of disciplining Smith.

Remember when Jeff Fisher benched Chris Givens and Janoris Jenkins one game? One would only imagine what he would do w/ Aldon Smith. It's fuckin ridiculous how they (SF) have no plans for discipline. I lost all respect for that org, on the same level as the fuckin seaworms now. Fuck them both. I hope the Colts fuckin destroy them come Sunday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/police-witness-indicate-aldon-smith-was-very-impaired/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -impaired/</a>

Aldon Smith
AP
San Francisco linebacker Aldon Smith was apparently very drunk when he crashed his car into a tree at 7 a.m. today.

Police say Smith’s blood-alcohol level was .15, according to the San Jose Mercury News. That’s nearly twice the legal limit.

One would think someone with a person who was that drunk at that time of day would struggle to practice later in the day, but Smith did hit the practice field after making bail, and 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh said Smith “seemed like he had his wits about him.”

According to Matt Barrows of the Sacramento Bee, a neighbor who witnessed the accident said Smith’s foot was still on the accelerator of his SUV, which was against a tree, when police arrived. That caused the tires to smoke, and that suggests that Smith (who also had marijuana and pills in his possession) was seriously impaired.

Still, the 49ers plan to put Smith on the field. They’ve said that any discipline is going to have to come from the NFL, because the 49ers have no intention of disciplining Smith.

Remember when Jeff Fisher benched Chris Givens and Janoris Jenkins one game? One would only imagine what he would do w/ Aldon Smith. It's freakin ridiculous how they (SF) have no plans for discipline. I lost all respect for that org, on the same level as the freakin seaworms now. freak them both. I hope the Colts freakin destroy them come Sunday.

And he didn't just bench them a game...he benched them for the 49ers game. A major game for us.

Harbawwwwwllll is classless.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Angry Ram said:

Aldon Smith
AP

Remember when Jeff Fisher benched Chris Givens and Janoris Jenkins one game? One would only imagine what he would do w/ Aldon Smith. It's freakin ridiculous how they (SF) have no plans for discipline. I lost all respect for that org, on the same level as the freakin seaworms now. freak them both. I hope the Colts freakin destroy them come Sunday.
Or most recently jolonn Dunbar

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The 49'ers are a good team. We know this. And... while they are winning; Harbaugh can get away with not benching Smith.

But... he's loading up his credit card. This will come back to bite him during tougher times.

Guys like Pete Carroll (and apparently now Harbaugh) are stuck in the rah-rah world of college football. It takes a different approach to manage men earning money playing this game.

Fisher gets it. He will be with the Rams long after Harbaugh and Carroll leave the NFC West... assuming Fisher doesn't retire after a SB win.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
jrry32 said:
max said:
True.

One doesn't really affect another. You can be a nice guy and still be immature and make bad choices. You can be a complete jerkwad and not make stupid choices. Trust me, I know. :lol:

Ah jrry that's why I love ya man, yer honest bout yer prikliness :ww:

HOWEVER max is right on that account , the jocks have a shall we say tolerance for each others peccadilloes that reaches beyond uhhhh norms.

As an aside,I hear ON XM that Vernon Davis will very likely not play Sunday ,and if he doesn't I'd say he won't be full speed for Thursday.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
CGI_Ram said:
The 49'ers are a good team. We know this. And... while they are winning; Harbaugh can get away with not benching Smith.

But... he's loading up his credit card. This will come back to bite him during tougher times.

Guys like Pete Carroll (and apparently now Harbaugh) are stuck in the rah-rah world of college football. It takes a different approach to manage men earning money playing this game.

Fisher gets it. He will be with the Rams long after Harbaugh and Carroll leave the NFC West... assuming Fisher doesn't retire after a SB win.
Yea just imagine the issues if college players start getting paid ya think it's bad now

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Thordaddy said:
jrry32 said:
max said:
True.

Ah jrry that's why I love ya man, yer honest bout yer prikliness :ww:

HOWEVER max is right on that account , the jocks have a shall we say tolerance for each others peccadilloes that reaches beyond uhhhh norms.

As an aside,I hear ON XM that Vernon Davis will very likely not play Sunday ,and if he doesn't I'd say he won't be full speed for Thursday.

Actually I wasn't clear enough on what they said. They were saying he is a role model and leader, making him sound like a poster boy for the NFL, just heaping all kinds of praise on Miller. Totally ignoring what a criminal he was. I was appalled at their attitude.

These guys all look the other way when great players on the field are garbage off it. Makes you wonder what guys like Ryan and Kirwan are really like themselves.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So Aldon was tested at a .15 and was unconscious with his foot jamming on the throttle AND was uninjured. I realize .15 is almost twice the legal limit but either this dude had a long time until the test, or the bills came into play. Just my guess.

Edit: I meant PILLS :boing:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
That mighty 9ers Front Line that the NFL media world world fell in lust with has some trending big cracks appearing. DE/OLB Aldon Smith may be OK for now but we know he is going to be gone for @ least a month @ some time.

Lets begin with the NT post. Earlier this past the 9ers waived NT Will Tukuafu to make room for Justin Smith's back up DT Demarcus Dobbs, who returned from a one-game suspension for some of the same stuff DE Sheldon Smith just did, he has a history of off field issues on top of that Dobbs is fighting his way back into form from partial knee ligament tears suffered last December.

Meanwhile we watched starting NT Ian Williams break his ankle against the nasty dirty Seahawks cutting OG. Then former 34 DE now the starting NT Glenn Dorsey who is only about 295 pounds replaced Ian Williams & the run defense suffered. Marshawn Lynch ended up running for 98 yards and scoring three touchdowns. One 1/2 weeks before the injury to Ian Williams 9ers released their back up NT's Lamar Divens oooops & Lawrence Okoye who went IR . That's a release of three NT's since the beginning of the season plus the loss of Williams makes four NT's.

Starting left side defensive tackle Ray McDonald is dealing with two ankle sprains & was limited the last week during practice & on Friday too. His back up is rookie Tony Jerod-Eddie came off the 9ers practice squad & was a UDFA.
The opposite side starter Justin Smith was officially ruled as probable for Sunday's contest at home against the Colts in Week 3 despite dealing with a shoulder injury to the same area where he suffered that triceps tears late last yr. Demarcus Dobbs is Justin's back up.

The current back up NT to the back up NT Dorsey is ??????The 9ers do not have a legitimate NT on their roster! :idk:

The 9ers drafted two Dl'ers...in the 2nd rd. was DT Cornellius Carradine & in the 5th rd. was DT Quinton Dial. Both of these DL'ers Tank & Dial are on the 9ers on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Both of these drafted DL'ers were named players who helped the 9ers be proclaimed as the winners of the 2013 draft. DT Cornellius Carradine had knee surgery earlier & Dial has a bad foot. Tank Carradine has already been penciled in to replace Justin Smith. It should be said that neither have hit the field yet as a 9er. It doesn't look like they'll hit it real soon either.

In summary that front DL currently looks like this:
RDT- McDonald/ Jerod-Eddie
NT- Dorsey/ Vacant ???
LDT- Justin Smith/Dobbs
LDE- Aldon Smith/ (R)Corey Lemonier

No wonder that the 9er HC was fast to proclaim Aldon Smith will play against the Colts. If I were the Colts I would run their brand new bruising RB Trent Richardson up the GUT all day long @ NT Glenn Dorsey who does not have the size to hold up long & both the DT's beside him are hurting! CRACK!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
BonifayRam said:
That mighty 9ers Front Line that the NFL media world world fell in lust with has some trending big cracks appearing. DE/OLB Aldon Smith may be OK for now but we know he is going to be gone for @ least a month @ some time.

Lets begin with the NT post. Earlier this past the 9ers waived NT Will Tukuafu to make room for Justin Smith's back up DT Demarcus Dobbs, who returned from a one-game suspension for some of the same stuff DE Sheldon Smith just did, he has a history of off field issues on top of that Dobbs is fighting his way back into form from partial knee ligament tears suffered last December.

Meanwhile we watched starting NT Ian Williams break his ankle against the nasty dirty Seahawks cutting OG. Then former 34 DE now the starting NT Glenn Dorsey who is only about 295 pounds replaced Ian Williams & the run defense suffered. Marshawn Lynch ended up running for 98 yards and scoring three touchdowns. One 1/2 weeks before the injury to Ian Williams 9ers released their back up NT's Lamar Divens oooops & Lawrence Okoye who went IR . That's a release of three NT's since the beginning of the season plus the loss of Williams makes four NT's.

Starting left side defensive tackle Ray McDonald is dealing with two ankle sprains & was limited the last week during practice & on Friday too. His back up is rookie Tony Jerod-Eddie came off the 9ers practice squad & was a UDFA.
The opposite side starter Justin Smith was officially ruled as probable for Sunday's contest at home against the Colts in Week 3 despite dealing with a shoulder injury to the same area where he suffered that triceps tears late last yr. Demarcus Dobbs is Justin's back up.

The current back up NT to the back up NT Dorsey is ??????The 9ers do not have a legitimate NT on their roster! :idk:

The 9ers drafted two Dl'ers...in the 2nd rd. was DT Cornellius Carradine & in the 5th rd. was DT Quinton Dial. Both of these DL'ers Tank & Dial are on the 9ers on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list. Both of these drafted DL'ers were named players who helped the 9ers be proclaimed as the winners of the 2013 draft. DT Cornellius Carradine had knee surgery earlier & Dial has a bad foot. Tank Carradine has already been penciled in to replace Justin Smith. It should be said that neither have hit the field yet as a 9er. It doesn't look like they'll hit it real soon either.

In summary that front DL currently looks like this:
RDT- McDonald/ Jerod-Eddie
NT- Dorsey/ Vacant ???
LDT- Justin Smith/Dobbs
LDE- Aldon Smith/ (R)Corey Lemonier

No wonder that the 9er HC was fast to proclaim Aldon Smith will play against the Colts. If I were the Colts I would run their brand new bruising RB Trent Richardson up the GUT all day long @ NT Glenn Dorsey who does not have the size to hold up long & both the DT's beside him are hurting! CRACK!

Nice!..This made me think and I'm to tired to look..So what Players has Hairball added besides Kaperdick?

Can Hairball keep building this team? You know the one he walked into with all the talent?