Aldon Smith arrested for DUI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
I don't believe Mr. Goodell can suspend anyone until they are found guilty.

Just Sayin.

iced

This isn't a felony dui for Aldon Smith.

EastRam said:

Just Sayin.

ask big ben about that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
EastRam said:

Just Sayin.

Not true...at all. Most suspensions are given out long before the court process reaches that point.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Aldon Smith LB SF 49 Mins

Updating a previous item, coach Jim Harbaugh told reporters he expects Aldon Smith to play in Week 3 despite Smith's Friday morning arrest for suspicion of DUI and marijuana possession.

"I expect Aldon to be back at work and play on Sunday," said Harbaugh. The NFL will not intervene on a player's Sunday availability following a Friday arrest because the appeals process can't be expedited that quickly. The actions say it all: The 49ers care about winning over punishment, individual players' decision making, those players' well being, and the well being of the community. Smith gives San Francisco its best chance to win.

Comment

Aldon Smith LB SF 52 Mins

Coach Jim Harbaugh told reporters Friday the 49ers have yet to decide whether Aldon Smith will play at Indianapolis.

Andrew Luck owners should be watching this situation closely, because if Smith does not play Luck is going to be a much better fantasy start. In an unbelievably knuckleheaded move, Smith partied all night and tried driving to the team facility at 7AM in the morning. He was smashed drunk with weed in the car, passed out at the wheel while hitting a tree, and still didn't wake up, as Smith's foot remained on the accelerator when police arrived. This is Smith's second DUI as an NFL player. He's in his third season.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funniest thing is that Harbaugh is going to play him. Way to show some class.

iced

BTW the DUI he got in Miami doesn't come into play for "2 offenses within 10 years" because he was never convicted of DUI in miami; since it was reduced, it doesn't count.... well, it'll count to the judge during sentencing. talked to the old man who's a retired lawyer, and he said the judges will get on him. The judges will be probably sentence him like a second dui, but it's not a felony.

pretty sure a dui conviction carries a 4 game suspension - and since this isn't his first off the field offense, combined with possession of a controlled substance (or violating the substance abuse policy), i'd imagine somewhere between 6-8 games... guessing that is.

expect some jail time for aldon smith.. i bet he serves it in the off season. no way he doesn't do less than 30 days

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
iced said:
BTW the DUI he got in Miami doesn't come into play for "2 offenses within 10 years" because he was never convicted of DUI in miami; since it was reduced, it doesn't count.... well, it'll count to the judge during sentencing. talked to the old man who's a retired lawyer, and he said the judges will get on him. The judges will be probably sentence him like a second dui, but it's not a felony.

pretty sure a dui conviction carries a 4 game suspension - and since this isn't his first off the field offense, combined with possession of a controlled substance (or violating the substance abuse policy), i'd imagine somewhere between 6-8 games... guessing that is

Two DUIs = 4 games
Two marijuana or other banned substances = 4 games

So, it's most likely he'll be suspended for 4 but if this is also his second marijuana defense, they could suspend him for up to 8 games. :cheese:

EastRam

Pro Bowler
jrry32 said:
EastRam said:

Just Sayin.

Not true...at all. Most suspensions are given out long before the court process reaches that point.

You are correct..I had to go look it up..

Due to the New rules that Goodell put in place in 2007 to improve the Leagues public image.
He sure can do.

If players are charged with a crime they can be suspended.

My bad

iced

jrry32 said:
iced said:

pretty sure a dui conviction carries a 4 game suspension - and since this isn't his first off the field offense, combined with possession of a controlled substance (or violating the substance abuse policy), i'd imagine somewhere between 6-8 games... guessing that is

Two DUIs = 4 games

So, it's most likely he'll be suspended for 4 but if this is also his second marijuana defense, they could suspend him for up to 8 games. :cheese:

lol 1 dui, first one is a "wet reckless"..

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
bluecoconuts said:
Tron said:
Think theres a chance he might get suspended before Thursday night? :hehe:

He should...... But with the whiners being one of the NFL's golden children they wont do anything to hurt them.

Agreed. Bet he gets a gentle hand slap. If the Whiners organization had any balls, they would suspend indefinitely.

iced

MTRamsFan said:
bluecoconuts said:
Tron said:
Think theres a chance he might get suspended before Thursday night? :hehe:

He should...... But with the whiners being one of the NFL's golden children they wont do anything to hurt them.

Agreed. Bet he gets a gentle hand slap. If the Whiners organization had any balls, they would suspend indefinitely.

doesn't matter - the state will get him.

While he may not be charged with 2 dui's, the judge is going to look at him, see 2 dui arrests (not convictions) within a year plus a possession charge..

he'll get jail time based on that alone

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
iced said:
jrry32 said:
iced said:

Two DUIs = 4 games

lol 1 dui, first one is a "wet reckless"..

It's still 2. They consider being arrested for a DUI, a DUI.

Although I should specify, it seems that things have changed. It can be a 2 or 4 game suspension. So he might only be suspended for 2 games.

Pretty sad considering he almost Derrick Thomas'd himself. Guy is out of control.

iced

jrry32 said:

Although I should specify, it seems that things have changed. It can be a 2 or 4 game suspension. So he might only be suspended for 2 games.

Pretty sad considering he almost Derrick Thomas'd himself. Guy is out of control.

No, they don't. that's inaccurate - if you read the statute, you'll notice "prior conviction"

oh wait - are you talking NFL or legal? I'm talking legal lol

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
iced said:
jrry32 said:

No, they don't. that's inaccurate - if you read the statute, you'll notice "prior conviction"

NFL.

iced

jrry32 said:
iced said:
jrry32 said:

NFL.

i hope they give him 6-8 when considering his other history

A55VA6

Legend
The slobs booking photo lol

Attachments

• BUoRJr8CAAE6UIF.jpg
    BUoRJr8CAAE6UIF.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 154

iced

Barrison said:
A55VA6 said:
The slobs booking photo lol
I wouldn't of blown either..

doesn't matter - when someone is unconscious and the police suspect dui, they can legally draw blood (which is what i always recommend anyway)