Aldon Smith arrested for DUI

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
<a class="postlink" href="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/aldon-smith-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dui/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... on-of-dui/</a>

Aldon Smith arrested for suspicion of DUI

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 20, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Miami Dolphins v San Francisco 49ers
Getty Images
One of the most talented pass-rushers in the NFL continues to have problems with all the stuff that isn’t football.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested at 7 a.m. this morning on suspicion of DUI, according to the San Jose Police.

Smith was reportedly identified as the driver in a single-car wreck, though no one was injured.

That’s the good news. The bad news is Smith adds to a long list of off-field issues, which include being sued for an incident at his home that led to a shooting, as well as a previous DUI arrest in Miami Beach (the charges were reduced), being stabbed and being the passenger in a car which flipped trying to avoid a deer.

There’s been no word from the 49ers at this point as to whether he’ll play this week against the Colts, though that seems far down the list of priorities.

Two words come to mind: No sympathy.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Angry Ram said:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/20/aldon-smith-arrested-for-suspicion-of-dui/

Aldon Smith arrested for suspicion of DUI

Posted by Darin Gantt on September 20, 2013, 1:02 PM EDT
Miami Dolphins v San Francisco 49ers
Getty Images
One of the most talented pass-rushers in the NFL continues to have problems with all the stuff that isn’t football.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, 49ers outside linebacker Aldon Smith was arrested at 7 a.m. this morning on suspicion of DUI, according to the San Jose Police.

Smith was reportedly identified as the driver in a single-car wreck, though no one was injured.

That’s the good news. The bad news is Smith adds to a long list of off-field issues, which include being sued for an incident at his home that led to a shooting, as well as a previous DUI arrest in Miami Beach (the charges were reduced), being stabbed and being the passenger in a car which flipped trying to avoid a deer.

There’s been no word from the 49ers at this point as to whether he’ll play this week against the Colts, though that seems far down the list of priorities.

Two words come to mind: No sympathy.

I can do it in one: Moron

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Think theres a chance he might get suspended before Thursday night? :hehe:

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Tron said:
Sure as fuck hope so, keep going down San Fran...

V3

Hall of Fame
Tron said:

That's what I was thinking.

Seriously though, no being a homer or anything, he's had multiple issues now. Shouldn't Goodell step in and do something by now? I would think a game suspension would be warranted. It seems like I've seen players get worse for less.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Tron said:

He should...... But with the whiners being one of the NFL's golden children they wont do anything to hurt them.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
He blew a .15 and they also found weed and pills in the car, and he didn't have a prescriptioon for either. NFL players can't use weed regardless if they have a prescription or not due to their policy on Marijuana.

Whats that smell? is that...no it couldn't be....maybe it is....is that weed?

NOPE!!!! THATS A MULTI GAME SUSPENSION I SMELL ON THE HORIZON!!!

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Idiot, even my Mizzou homerism can't defend that. The type of people who think they can do whatever they want and get behind the wheel when they're not fit to be are people who shouldn't be encouraged.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Have been reading the thread about this over at 49erswebzone, lots of comments. All of them think he is an idiot. This is my favorite quote from there-

Rsrkshn Veteran Posts: 946 NFL Pick 'em -
Hey . . . maybe the Niners should have drafted the guy who I (and a bunch of others) had wanted: Robert Quinn. He seems to be lighting it up in St Loius . . and no off field issues we know of.

iced

saw this on NFL meme's, had me rolling.

Niners fans respond to the dui

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx40udwQvZI[/youtube]

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wi the lawsuit against him for the shooting earlier in the year, which for some reason never saw charges filed, and this he will probably get 2-4 games. A second DUI, this one is a felony by the way, and he has to get at least two games right? Or is it four?

Anyone know the answer to this.......

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
LesBaker said:
Wi the lawsuit against him for the shooting earlier in the year, which for some reason never saw charges filed, and this he will probably get 2-4 games. A second DUI, this one is a felony by the way, and he has to get at least two games right? Or is it four?

Don't know but Softli said suspension is coming.

iced

DUI and possession of marijuana.

maybe he'll have someone help hold the guards in jail too

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
HometownBoy said:
Idiot, even my Mizzou homerism can't defend that. The type of people who think they can do whatever they want and get behind the wheel when they're not fit to be are people who shouldn't be encouraged.

Same here. Fuck you, Aldon. Thugs like you make me ashamed that you were once part of Mizzou.

I'm sad because even know he plays for the 49ers he also played for mizzou and I loved watching him in college.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
HometownBoy said:
I completely agree. Even the fact that I'm a Mizzou alum can't make me get over that

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:

You sure it's a felony? Not defending the guy by any stretch - I just don't know at what point it becomes a felony.

I realize these guys are NFL darlings and all but he BETTER get smacked good THIS time.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Dude was on his way to the team facilities when this happened, great way to show up to work. harbaugh will either have no comment or defend this idiot vehemently. There is a reason they have been penalized 23 times already this year, no discipline.

Don't forget about the Brooks incident this summer. Brooks beat up a teammate with a beer bottle, apparently hitting the guy on the head three times, and there was no discipline from the team.

When our guys screw up, they get cut. Can't wait to see it all unwind for harbaugh.