After four years of Jeff Fisher, Rams' regression means it's time for change/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Jeff Fisher and I believe his teams plays hard for him overall. I also liked his draft picks and strategy and trades. The Rams have been decimated by injuries over the last three years. Unfortunately, the offense is so bad in fisher's fourth year that the organization needs to make a change at the end of the season. Of course I will be hoping that the Rams somehow manage to win out the rest of their schedule, and save Fisher's job, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Just my opinion.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I like Jeff Fisher and I believe his teams plays hard for him overall. I also liked his draft picks and strategy and trades. The Rams have been decimated by injuries over the last three years. Unfortunately, the offense is so bad in fisher's fourth year that the organization needs to make a change at the end of the season. Of course I will be hoping that the Rams somehow manage to win out the rest of their schedule, and save Fisher's job, but I don't think that's gonna happen. Just my opinion.
+1

I don't think anyone wants to see Fisher take the walk of shame either. At least I hope not. He hasn't done anything to warrant such contempt. But if they do make a change, then most of me will be excited about it. Cuz, you know, change brings about hope and all that.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Here's a question. What would Williams as HC look like? He certainly knows how to motivate his defense, and plays an exciting style...but what would his offense look like?

He was close to getting the job in Washington, and some fans hate Snyder for not giving it to him.

Can he be a contender for the position after bountygate?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
but I also have a strong suspicion that they're not going to do anything with his job this year no matter what happens. And if that's the case, then everyone's angst needs to be directed toward Stan and his environment of nepotism.
Boy... hard to tell (if he stays no matter what).

Earlier this year, I was of belief he was safe, period. After yesterday? Just my gut... but I think that presser was Fisher starting to have some doubts about his future employment with the Rams... again, just my gut.

If he stays, I fear my liver will give out. Guess there's always dialysis...

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I got nothing except Fish hasn't done it in 4 years....Excuses and context don't matter in year four. It doesn't matter about the Oline being what it is, because the situation it is in, is a result of other decisions...Decisions that Fisher/Snead made, are not good enough to create a playoff team in year four with all of the prime draft capital we have had...*smh...Something should change, but I have a feeling it won't

and the team that gave us that draft capital benched the player that they gave the capital for and after 4 years they have a better record then us.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I don't think anyone wants to see Fisher take the walk of shame
tumblr_n22fpkwuEr1svlvsyo4_r1_250.gif

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I disagree about not getting top tier free agents to come to St Louis. Finnagaen, Long, and Cook were all highly sought after free agents we landed. The problem is free agency crap. It has such a high fail rate. It's not worth going big in free agency. You have to draft well to succeed.
I agree you have to draft well and you have to do it over a long period, you can't change out 50 of 53 players in 4 years and hit on every player, it is going to take more like 7 or 8 years to get quality depth with that many changes.

Finnegan was not that much quality IMO he was attitude on the downside for too much money.
Long again they overpaid for a guys reputation not his upside because they had to.
Cook, while I have been a supporter, again we overpaid to get him in and even though he has produced more than any TE in Rams history he hasn't been that game changing guy.

You don't see guys thinking "I want a ring to end my career and I'm going to StL to get it"

Yet :sneaky:

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jemele Hill: Jeff Fisher Has Always Been Overrated to Me

ESPN’s His and Hers crew explain whether they believe Rams coach Jeff Fisher went too far at his press conference when he questioned about his team’s effort.

Watch Fisher Discussion

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, clearly not everyone shares that opinion. And it's to them that I'm speaking.
(that last part sounded like Yoda)

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't want Fisher fired after this year. Watching the Rams offense flounder around over the last weeks has been frustrating and the elevating of my alcohol intake on Sunday's is a direct result. Maybe it would be different if I felt that sense of optimism that things were going to be better, and we were going to get that guy that turns everything around........quickly, but it just isn't there.

Truth of the matter is that we already have a good coach who players really like playing for week after week. That is a big part of the battle that will remain constant without a change. I think the Rams should stay the course, and keep Fisher.

That being said, with my limited amount of football knowledge and player personnel, I would have that optimistic feeling if coach dedicated this offseason to surround himself with offensive minds that can create a playbook around the talent that the Rams have and have a proven track record of player development. That would be a good start.

FRO

Legend
I agree you have to draft well and you have to do it over a long period, you can't change out 50 of 53 players in 4 years and hit on every player, it is going to take more like 7 or 8 years to get quality depth with that many changes.

Finnegan was not that much quality IMO he was attitude on the downside for too much money.
Long again they overpaid for a guys reputation not his upside because they had to.
Cook, while I have been a supporter, again we overpaid to get him in and even though he has produced more than any TE in Rams history he hasn't been that game changing guy.

You don't see guys thinking "I want a ring to end my career and I'm going to StL to get it"

Yet :sneaky:
That takes a few years of winning to get those guys. For every success story in free agency there are 100 failures.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I read today that Fisher has had only 6 winning seasons in 21 years of coaching....is that true? Holy mole!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't have a problem with any of that either. I'm just along for the ride.
And it's probably the Helium Dew that makes it a tolerable one.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I still have faith in Fisher to do what it takes to right the ship, but I also have a strong suspicion that they're not going to do anything with his job this year no matter what happens. And if that's the case, then everyone's angst needs to be directed toward Stan and his environment of nepotism.

If the Rams finish 6-10 I believe they will stay the course and Fisher will make wholesale changes on his coaching staff offensively. However, if the Rams lose the rest of their games all bets are off, nepotism or not.