After four years of Jeff Fisher, Rams' regression means it's time for change/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FRO

Legend
IMO I don't see the Rams winning another game and at 4-12 ESK needs to make the change. If he wants to promote Les Snead and give him a VP title encompassed with GM and allow Les to hire the next Head Coach then fine, but the time is now!

• Hue Jackson
  • Adam Gase
  • Ben McAdoo
Once again the short list is accredited to @jrry32
Very close to my short list:
- Hue Jackson
- David Shaw
- Adam Gase

Would be thrilled with any of the three.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
- Hue Jackson
- David Shaw
- Adam Gase

Love David Shaw just don't believe he's ever leaving Palo Alto because God knows I sure wouldn't.

Irish

Starter
That's not an insulting question, it's a legitimate one after your team has been embarrassed in 4 straight games. How far does this team have to go before we give up on this silly "the reporters are mean" narrative?
The reporters are doing their job, the coach is not.

Its hilarious to me how people are so quick to jump on the powderpuff St. Louis media. You will not find an easier media market in the world than St. Louis.

Press conferences would be a bloodbath right around the time of Sam's Knee 2.0 in every other market in the US. If the team moves to LA, you might have Jeff Fisher throwing punches because he is not used to being held to any kind of standard when it comes to accountability.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Hue Jackson
  • Adam Gase
  • Ben McAdoo
Once again the short list is accredited to @jrry32

- Hue Jackson
- David Shaw
- Adam Gase

Doesn't matter who the next head coach or OC is. If the team continues to be decimated with injuries then the results will be the same. A good GM however can make sure that there is enough depth behind every player so that the bottom doesn't fall out after an injury. We are woefully lacking in the depth department.

Belichick seems to be the best with "the next man up" philosophy, but even though his team battled to overtime last night, the loss of Edelman, Amendola, Gronkowski, and several key defense players was too much for even him to overcome. The results were the same - a loss.

Without Quinn and Long we haven't been able to get the usual pressure on opposing QB's and it's obvious how that's affected the defense. With three of our starters on the O-line missing in action, the passing game and running game have been slowed to a halt.

Injuries aren't to blame for everything. Every NFL team has to deal with them. But it's made it harder to accurately and fairly judge the coaching staff. Many of you want to throw out Fisher and some of the other coaches but I doubt there would be much difference if there was a change if this carnage continues season after season.

Many wanted Mike Martz booted for various reasons. How did that work out for us?

FRO

Legend
Doesn't matter who the next head coach or OC is. If the team continues to be decimated with injuries then the results will be the same. A good GM however can make sure that there is enough depth behind every player so that the bottom doesn't fall out after an injury. We are woefully lacking in the depth department.

Belichick seems to be the best with "the next man up" philosophy, but even though his team battled to overtime last night, the loss of Edelman, Amendola, Gronkowski, and several key defense players was too much for even him to overcome. The results were the same - a loss.

Without Quinn and Long we haven't been able to get the usual pressure on opposing QB's and it's obvious how that's affected the defense. With three of our starters on the O-line missing in action, the passing game and running game have been slowed to a halt.

Injuries aren't to blame for everything. Every NFL team has to deal with them. But it's made it harder to accurately and fairly judge the coaching staff. Many of you want to throw out Fisher and some of the other coaches but I doubt there would be much difference if there was a change if this carnage continues season after season.

Many wanted Mike Martz booted for various reasons. How did that work out for us?
Despite our defense being really decimated by injuries, they have played well enough to win us some games. The depth is there. Fisher and Snead haven't been able to assemble offensive talent. We need a coach who can.

Martz inherited a super bowl winning team. They got progressively worse and he fueded with his 2 time MVP QB giving him the boot when he obviously had something left in the tank. He hired Larry Marmie as DC and he was horrible. He had bad clock management and drafts. Now Linehan was hired after him and was horrible. He was worse than Spags even. Sad how a team loaded with young talent on offense would just go right into the ditch 5 years after winning th super bowl.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
That's not an insulting question, it's a legitimate one after your team has been embarrassed in 4 straight games. How far does this team have to go before we give up on this silly "the reporters are mean" narrative?
The reporters are doing their job, the coach is not.
So GZ missing a field goal and losing to Minnesota in OT on the road are embarrassing?

FRO

Legend
It shouldn't but every time I see that name it makes me lol. He was the absolute worst.
Martz said he was the best. Once Lovie left the wheels fell off. He and Martz made a great team.

Had they not push Vermiel to retirement we would have won a few more. The Patriots would have hired Martz. Al Saunders who was a great OC for Vermiel in KC would have done well here. Our drafts from 2000 out would have been better. No Warner in AZ. There would be perfect harmony and peace on earth.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Its hilarious to me how people are so quick to jump on the powderpuff St. Louis media. You will not find an easier media market in the world than St. Louis.

It is by far the easiest media market of any town I've lived/worked in. Not only sports, but pretty much all facets. You have to be an all around awful guy as a politician to even get an editorial. If a question of effort is insulting here, they'll be shocked out of their shoes if they end up in LA and play like this.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As to Fisher being a little up-tight after the game. "How would you feel if you were the HC of a Team and you just lost your 4th game in a Row!!"!?
As a reporter I'd be a little careful in the questions I asked!! For fear of getting a Coach Greene/Coach Mora Type answer!!

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
So GZ missing a field goal and losing to Minnesota in OT on the road are embarrassing?

You got me. Three embarrassing losses, that's much better.

The point is, the question or the reporters aren't the problem.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
You got me. Three embarrassing losses, that's much better.

The point is, the question or the reporters aren't the problem.
I'll give you the Bears. Cinny did what they should against the team the Rams put on the field, that would not have happened against the team that started game 1. The Baltimore game was a chance against another down team on the road where GZ missed a field goal that would have won it. Again expected not fun but not an embarrassment.

If you are going to evaluate the games you have to consider who is playing. Hell I didn't think they do much better than .500 with a healthy year along the oline. This team is still being rebuilt from a total POS.

Someone mentioned Dallas having better depth. Team like Dallas also get better FAs not many top tier FAs have come to StL over the last decade and that puts a big whole in the available talent pool. It's not like they get every guy they want in FA or the draft.

iced

Chud or Gase for me. Maybe Shaw. No on Jackson.

I'd be stunned if Fisher is fired though.

I thought the same after the first 4 games...

after these last 4 and the way team has played, i wouldn't be surprised - particularly if the trend continues.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

I would've given Martz another year as long as he fired his very good friend Larry Marmie. However, Martz could not get along with Jay "Fat face" Zygmunt and John Shaw sided with Zygmunt over Martz which led to the next great hiring of none other than Milquetoast Linehan.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It shouldn't but every time I see that name it makes me lol. He was the absolute worst.
"Smarmie"

Martz was the anti-Fisher... knew the offensive side back-and-forth... defense? Clueless.

FRO

Legend
I'll give you the Bears. Cinny did what they should against the team the Rams put on the field, that would not have happened against the team that started game 1. The Baltimore game was a chance against another down team on the road where GZ missed a field goal that would have won it. Again expected not fun but not an embarrassment.

If you are going to evaluate the games you have to consider who is playing. Hell I didn't think they do much better than .500 with a healthy year along the oline. This team is still being rebuilt from a total POS.

Someone mentioned Dallas having better depth. Team like Dallas also get better FAs not many top tier FAs have come to StL over the last decade and that puts a big whole in the available talent pool. It's not like they get every guy they want in FA or the draft.
I disagree about not getting top tier free agents to come to St Louis. Finnagaen, Long, and Cook were all highly sought after free agents we landed. The problem is free agency crap. It has such a high fail rate. It's not worth going big in free agency. You have to draft well to succeed.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO I don't see the Rams winning another game and at 4-12 ESK needs to make the change. If he wants to promote Les Snead and give him a VP title encompassed with GM and allow Les to hire the next Head Coach then fine, but the time is now!
If it was any other coach, he probably would. Maybe. When I asked Demoff directly what Spagnuolo's record had to be in 2011 to avoid getting fired, he said, "7-9 or anything close to .500." That was literally impossible considering the state the team was in, but it told me that they wanted to see a coach overcome extreme adversity - whether the odds were long on that or not. It may be the case that they wanna see Fisher overcome these problems and turn it around quickly too, but we're talking about a friend of Stan Kroenke now, and not some stranger who used to be a coordinator.

I still have faith in Fisher to do what it takes to right the ship, but I also have a strong suspicion that they're not going to do anything with his job this year no matter what happens. And if that's the case, then everyone's angst needs to be directed toward Stan and his environment of nepotism.