Adrian Peterson Arrested.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Yeah, that's over the top for any age. 10 strikes like that indicates a parent that has lost it or has anger problems. You can't lose control and spank with anger.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Yeah, that's over the top for any age. 10 strikes like that indicates a parent that has lost it or has anger problems. You can't lose control and spank with anger.

And just imagine how big and strong Peterson is... Ugh.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I find that the people who oppose spanking the most are those who were not spanked as a child and imagine it as a cruel punishment. In reality, if you ask the majority of people who were spanked as a child, they would tell you that it wasn't bad.
I didnt think it was that bad. Yea at the moment of it happening i was a lil scared and it stung a tiny bit but soon after felt fine and learned my lesson.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
I didnt think it was that bad. Yea at the moment of it happening i was a lil scared and it stung a tiny bit but soon after felt fine and learned my lesson.
You were lucky. I can still remember my stepbrother screaming bloody murder. To be honest I should have ran in there and put a stop to it. Somehow. I hate aggressors.

No wonder leaders in this country grew up to use fear tactics in politics and beyond to "make their point" and "teach us all a lesson."

Fear tactics and indoctrinated abuse as a child that taught it's "a-okay" to smack your kid around rather than competently teaching your child what is right and wrong. I sure as hell didn't need physical abuse to learn.

Violence is the lazy man's way out.

Believe in god or you'll go to hell.

Pay your taxes or you'll go to jail.

Authoritarians give you no way out.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
You were lucky. I can still remember my stepbrother screaming bloody murder. To be honest I should have ran in there and put a stop to it. Somehow. I hate aggressors.

Yea I was lucky, cried sometimes but mostly from being scared. never really hurt to bad. My mom never went over board or anything. Some get it much much worse, like your stepbrother. It sucks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
do they have it for iphones? And will it make me double post like you? :sneaky:

no you and your crappy iPhone have to wait for the new update where they actually ripped off SwiftKey and copied it but when you get the update you're going to love that keyboard

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Three simple words.

Four
Years
Old

and the text messages that have been released are a bit disturbing

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
no you and your crappy iPhone have to wait for the new update where they actually ripped off SwiftKey and copied it but when you get the update you're going to love that keyboard

Sweet, cant wait :)

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Can't even bring myself to look at any pics. I'll share that I was spanked as a child. Rarely was it repeatedly and NEVER did it leave marks or draw blood. My ass or leg might have been a bit red for a few minutes, but that was it. I wasn't just hit for any ol reason. Looking back, I deserved it and I feel it kept my butt in line. In turn, I respected my elders and wasn't a smarmy d-bag like 75% of kids today.

Granted, my parents also showered me with love and praise every chance they got. And if they did spank me, they explained to me why and gave me a big hug soon afterwards.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
On a side note... my ROD fantasy team is gonna be hurtin. I'm feeling like the dude in my avatar right about now. :(

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
There is a difference between spanking and a beating/abuse IMO. One slap across the butt to a 4 year old will get his attention, I don't particularly have an issue with that. Parents need to parent the way they feel is best.

Beating a 4 year old with a stick 10-15 times leaving marks is abuse and a mile over the line. If you agree it's ok to hit a child that many times I can only guess you probably don't have kids yourself.

I mean seriously think about this and think really hard........what possibly could a 4 year old actually do to warrent getting hit that many times?

Any reasonable mind can see AP lost his temper and took it out on a defenseless child.

Again a 4 year old. The worst thing a 4 year old can do is pee his pants, cry, not finish his super, want to play cars or trains with his dad. 4 year olds don't do anything that bad to deserve that kind of beating. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong about that, maybe you know a 4 year old who has stolen money or mugged a kid on the playground.

ShaneFalco

Believe in god or you'll go to hell.

Pay your taxes or you'll go to jail.

Authoritarians give you no way out.
get healthcare or pay a fine? ;)

SyncMaster

UDFA
There sure are a lot of people who can say they "turned out just fine" while not bothered at all with the abuse of a 4 year old child.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
There sure are a lot of people who can say they "turned out just fine" while not bothered at all with the abuse of a 4 year old child.
Not sure I've seen anybody say that here at ROD.

SyncMaster

UDFA
And that's why I'm a member here and love these forums.

Outside of ROD, I keep seeing this same line over and over.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
As others have said, there's a difference between a whooping and plain beating a child, somebody said it around in the first page, you should never strike your child in anger, never. Anger isn't something you control, you can be sorry all you want later, but you hurt a child because you couldn't be the grown up and walk away. A punishment is a punishment, there should be no pleasure derived from it from either party, cathartic or otherwise. If you're punishing your child for any other reason but because their behavior was unacceptable and needs to be nipped in the bud before it worsens then you're not in the mind set to be handling the child and should leave it for somebody else or calm down before hand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Yes; this thread should be removed and NOT due to any specific comments or ROD dudes. This is just too much and I'd like the integrity of ROD I trust to remain. We are all a good group hate to see this thread blow up. This topic won't cause awareness...just personal disagreement or beyond.