Adrian Peterson Arrested.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
http://www.myfoxhouston.com/story/2...adrian-peterson-indicted-in-child-injury-case

Posted: Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM EDT <em class="wnDate">Friday, September 12, 2014 4:25 PM EDT</em>Updated: Sep 12, 2014 4:25 PM EDT <em class="wnDate">Friday, September 12, 2014 4:25 PM EDT</em>
By Mark Berman, Sports Director - bio
HOUSTON (FOX 26) - Sources told FOX 26 Sports Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson has been indicted in Montgomery County for reckless or negligent injury to a child.

Peterson's Houston attorney, Rusty Hardin, declined comment when contacted by FOX 26 Sports.

Peterson has spent his entire eight-year career with the Vikings.

He has been named First-Team All-Pro three times and has been selected to play in six Pro Bowls.

Peterson has rushed for 10,190 yards and scored 86 touchdowns.

He's also caught 208 passes for 1715 yards and five touchdowns

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Is this about his son who died? Or one of his other kids?

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted.html#

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was indicted on Friday for reckless or negligent injury to a child in North Montgomery County, Texas. Peterson’s attorney, Rustin Hardin, declined to comment, according Houston's KRIV Sports Director. Peterson's 2-year-old son, Tyrese, was killed last year, allegedly by his mother's live-in boyfriend at the time, Joseph Robert Patterson. Patterson was freed on bail last October but arrested again in June on kidnapping and assault charges against Tyrese's mother. Patterson still faces child abuse and murder charges for the boy's death. Peterson has said that he learned only two months prior to the boy's death that he was his father.

AnarchyRam

Rookie
Why is this story not making sense to me? Unless it's just a ploy to extract millions from Peterson?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Crazy. I thought of Peterson as one of the NFL's more upstanding type guys, he seemed like he had a good character. If you had asked me who the NFL's highest character guys are a year ago, I would have listed Rice and Peterson near the top. Hope this isn't true.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I'm confused too. Says they took a second look. It's hard to figgure why he's in trouble but we clearly don't have all the facts.

http://www.isiahfactor.com/2014/09/12/adrian-peterson-indicted-in-montgomery-county-texas/

Sources tell the Factor NFL player Adrian Peterson has been indicted by a Montgomery County Grand Jury. We’re told the charges stem from allegations Peterson, who plays for the Minnesota Vikings, beat his young son. Phil Grant with the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office says they can’t comment on the case until a suspect is in custody. However, Peterson’s attorney Rusty Hardin confirmed the indictment to FOX 26 but declined to comment. Grant says once he’s cleared to make a statement on the issue he will call me back. Once source says there are photos of the child’s injuries now in the possession of investigators with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office.
Update: Sources say Peterson was first ‘no billed’ by the grand jury when the prosecutor first presented this case but the District Attorney’s office took it a second time and this time the panel in Montgomery County accepted the criminal charge.
Update: Brady Fitzgerald with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s office says they investigated Peterson for injury to a child and then turned the case over to the District Attorney to present to a grand jury. However, Fitzgerald says Peterson has not been arrested.
The attorney representing Peterson is expected to release a statement soon!

Irish

Starter
And thus concludes the worst week any professional sports league has ever had

apatl187

UDFA
I just read his 11 yo son came to visit and when returned to mother he had marks on him. She took him to doctor. Doctor contacted authorities. I'll try to find link

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just read his 11 yo son came to visit and when returned to mother he had marks on him. She took him to doctor. Doctor contacted authorities. I'll try to find link
Read a few people saying he whipped him with a switch. I dont know what that is but im sure one of you do. Sounds like the kid acted up or did something stupid and got punished. But of course even spanking can land you in jail now. Its ridiculous.

AnarchyRam

Rookie

I'm going to go on record and say Peterson is innocent. I'm in OKC and watched most of his career here at OU and he's not that kind of dude. I think the mother is just trying to get money. I could be wrong but I'm taking a position THIS EARLY.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Read a few people saying he whipped him with a switch. I dont know what that is but im sure one of you do. Sounds like the kid acted up or did something stupid and got punished. But of course even spanking can land you in jail now. Its ridiculous.

A switch is usually a thin tree branch used like a whip. It definitely not a spanking.

RamEERS

Pastor

depends on the marks really... if it's on the face, then that's going to point to abuse... the doctors are trained to recognize if it's an abuse or not... unless, the mom decided to bribe him.. :/

RamzFanz

Damnit
I'm going to go on record and say Peterson is innocent. I'm in OKC and watched most of his career here at OU and he's not that kind of dude. I think the mother is just trying to get money. I could be wrong but I'm taking a position THIS EARLY.

The injuries were reported by a doctor, not the mother.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Cloudy.
Maybe he got pulled over and cited because his child wasn't in a car seat?
nixweiss.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
depends on the marks really... if it's on the face, then that's going to point to abuse... the doctors are trained to recognize if it's an abuse or not... unless, the mom decided to bribe him.. :/

If you whip a child so bad it leaves marks, that's abuse. Let's see how the NFL reacts with their new rules on domestic abuse.

Athos

Legend
NFL is in a real shit storm of poop right now.

Personally, I don't think physical discipline (of the switching, spanking, paddle) is terribly effective. Maybe your parenting just sucks shit. It was never really very effective with me, so my parents never really used it on me that I can remember. Their withering looks of disappointment and disdain for my actions were enough. Silent treatment worse. Then again, growing up in the 90s, I lived in playing outside and being locked inside was the worst punishment imaginable.

At any rate, who knows. He's a prick on the FB field with a mouth, but he's always seemed like a decent fella.

But if you're leaving marks that show the next day.....I'm left wondering what the fuck your kid did to "deserve" a bruising.

Hell, public shaming/embarrassment by your parents in public is more of a punishment than a spank.

RamEERS

Pastor
NFL is in a real crap storm of poop right now.

Personally, I don't think physical discipline (of the switching, spanking, paddle) is terribly effective. Maybe your parenting just sucks crap. It was never really very effective with me, so my parents never really used it on me that I can remember. Their withering looks of disappointment and disdain for my actions were enough. Silent treatment worse. Then again, growing up in the 90s, I lived in playing outside and being locked inside was the worst punishment imaginable.

At any rate, who knows. He's a prick on the FB field with a mouth, but he's always seemed like a decent fella.

But if you're leaving marks that show the next day.....I'm left wondering what the freak your kid did to "deserve" a bruising.

Hell, public shaming/embarrassment by your parents in public is more of a punishment than a spank.

eh.. I got spanked and that taught me a lot. Parents used different methods as well. Wouldn't say they were bad parents and they definitely not perfect, but they taught me a lot... including from spanking...

Here's a tip.. don't go around sleeping with X number of people without preparing for the consequence...

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Adrian, I served with Eric Dickerson, I knew Eric Dickerson, and Eric Dickerson is a friend of mine.
Adrian, are no Eric Dickerson

1003_bentsen_quayle_630x420.jpg