According to Jason Stewart Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I also listened to Fred Roggin and Eric Dickerson today. They had Jackie Slater on for about 15 minutes. Dickerson and Slater agreed it would NOT be beneficial for the Rams to fire Fisher at the end of this season. They also mentioned that the Rams just moved 2,000 miles, practiced in 3 different locations, have the youngest team in the league and just played 3 games witout 3 of their best defenders. They agreed there is some coaching errors but all in all the team could be a lot worse off given the circumstances. Evaluating Fisher should be a major priority NEXT year.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I didn't see the game but in highlights, the body language of the receivers on the last interception was pretty unflattering.

"losing the team" would require immediate action by Stan....so lets watch for that
I'll bet he lost the respect of a couple WRers after he threw them under the bus .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I also listened to Fred Roggin and Eric Dickerson today. They had Jackie Slater on for about 15 minutes. Dickerson and Slater agreed it would NOT be beneficial for the Rams to fire Fisher at the end of this season. They also mentioned that the Rams just moved 2,000 miles, practiced in 3 different locations, have the youngest team in the league and just played 3 games witout 3 of their best defenders. They agreed there is some coaching errors but all in all the team could be a lot worse off given the circumstances. Evaluating Fisher should be a major priority NEXT year.

Fisher's contract is up after this year. You either give him an extension, or you don't. This is his fifth year. He's had plenty of time to make the playoffs. It's now or never.

ram007

Starter
I'll bet he lost the respect of a couple WRers after he threw them under the bus .

To spite Fisher, will the WRs now run a wrong route and drop the pass?

He called them out and I tend to agree with Fisher on that aspect.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Uh, not raggin' on you dog, but they just lost the game. Don't think that means Fisher's lost the team, if that's what your implying.
He's talking about MY statement Vegas...and, from the results of, "we're gonna get this fixed" about the penalties, these dudes DO NOT listen to Fisher...Hell, check out how the defense plays after an offensive turnover or 3 & out...they are not playing as hard...no sacks?!? while eli is notorious for not giving up sacks...that shows ME a serious lack of effort.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, I do believe he's on the hot seat because he's in the last year of the contract and I do believe the next four games are critical and he needs to win more than he looses to have a winning record after 11 games, that being posted I predict the Rams will go 4-0 in those games because I am destined to have Fisher as Ram coach for a few more years.

sjm1582002

Wanted everywhere but welcome nowhere
I always thought coaches the ownership wanted to retain were extended prior to the final year of their contract so as not to appear to have "lame duck" status.

Fisher has brought the team as far as he is able.

A undisciplined penalty machine that is capable of grinding out a win against anyone, but yet get blown away by a inferior opponent the next week. Five more years of this?

I have seen enough of it and hope the search for a new coach was begun after the 1st game.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I don't think Fishers future has as much to do with not playing Goff as it does all of the losing.

If anything, Goff could have given him a built in excuse had he chosen to use it.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Fishers future has as much to do with not playing Goff as it does all of the losing.

If anything, Goff could have given him a built in excuse had he chosen to use it.
That didn't save Lovie Smith in Tampa with rookie Jameis Winston playing pretty darn well in 2015..and it was only Lovie's 2nd year, and not his 5th year like Fisher.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Fisher is going to be on a short leash because you won't get the LA fans to shell out big money for seat licences and season tickets to watch bad, boring football year after year. Just like in Saint Louis and in 1990s LA.

Bruce2980

Starter
dude...he had to be on the hot seat after the 9ers game....These last two weeks sealed it for me...he's lost the team...Penalties...poor execution....Case....goff not ready....all on fisher...

Hopefully whomever we hire can get this thing rolling quickly...
Yes, he was on the hot seat after the Whiners game. Kroenke was in the locker room even as Fisher was in his press conference. Kroenke was "not happy." And for that to happen from an owner that has a hands off approach speaks volumes to me. I could even see Fisher was flustered during his press conference, he even told the reporter that if he wanted to know what Kroenke said to him after the game that he should go in the locker room and ask him cause Fisher wasn't going to repeat it. Apparently he wasn't there to announce Fisher's contract extension.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Anyone not named Kroenke or Demoff talking about this is not listened to.
Kinda defeats the purpose, heart and soul of the Forum experience.
Yes, more than likely none of us know, maybe not even Demhoff or Fisher for that matter. Only one has ultimate authority and he has tighter lips than.....Insert simile here...

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
By the looks of things Jeff Fisher will be the coach for the remainder of this decade. Then he will put himself in a cryogenic chamber and revive himself to be the coach for the remainder of the century...

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
He's talking about MY statement Vegas...and, from the results of, "we're gonna get this fixed" about the penalties, these dudes DO NOT listen to Fisher...Hell, check out how the defense plays after an offensive turnover or 3 & out...they are not playing as hard...no sacks?!? while eli is notorious for not giving up sacks...that shows ME a serious lack of effort.
What game were you watching? We were getting tons of pressure. Eli was rushing his throws and getting the ball out quick.

Last edited:

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

43 yards in penalties - 30 on Grob ( maybe bogus, protecting CK) doesn't scream losing the team. D played fine.
You're just wrong ( for the first time).
You nailed it on Quick.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
The veracity of this report notwithstanding, Fisher should be on the hot seat.

After 5 years we are stuck in the same position we were in after the first year. In fact, the first year is the only year we saw significant team-wide improvement. Since then it's been a step backward for every step forward, and many of the same, coachable problems that dogged us then still dog us now. Furthermore, at the team's most important position he is dragging his feet on a guy he gave up the better part of a draft to obtain, while making every excuse in the book to continue playing the current starter. He's shown no willingness to change his approach when things aren't working on the offensive side of the ball, and if you look at his history, his offenses have at best been middle of the road. With the Rams they have consistently been below average, and currently, it's scraping the bottom of the barrel.

It's just not acceptable any more. At some point you have to realize you are not going to move forward with a guy, and you've got to replace him to take the next step. Unless he makes significant changes to his approach to some things - his 20+ year history suggesting that's unlikely - then it's time to move on.

Rynie

Cowboys rudeboy.
Name
Rynie
No offense sent, but what has he done in this league? The guy is super overrated, imo.