According to Jason Stewart Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
But how would you stop it? Consider that they (again) have an extremely young team, and consider that they DO address this constantly between games and punish players during practice for penalties committed the game prior.
my specialty....
first I'm running dudes after practice....if it continues, we're running and fines...easy peasy..(and I'm talking about some serious hills)..you start a lil penalty kitty...full of fines...watch how some of those recurrent offenders suddenly can watch the damn ball...
I'd do the same for all the penalties...
Benching would have to be an option too...depending on the player...only a few plays here and there...

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
my specialty....
first I'm running dudes after practice....if it continues, we're running and fines...easy peasy....you start a lil penalty kitty...full of fines...watch how some of those recurrent offenders suddenly can watch the damn ball...
I'd do the same for all the penalties...
Benching would have to be an option too...depending on the player...only a few plays here and there...
Ok.

But I think they already do run them, and they run them as a unit to promote accountability from within the unit. Kinda like that scene from Full Metal Jacket where everyone had to do pushups because Private Fatbody hid a donut in his footlocker. lol. I don't know if they fine guys, and I'm not sure if that's a good option. See, here's the thing about punishment (to me). It makes you tentative and overly-careful. I don't think guys like Fisher or Carroll want their players to relent much. They just want them to be smarter. And the only way to do that is to constantly teach. Teach, teach, teach, teach, teach. If that has almost no effect, then I think you have to part ways with that particular player.

My Sources

UDFA
That's all great but the people who really need to be taught and punished are Fisher and Snead.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Well, four straight wins could get us to 7 wins, for whatever that's worth...

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Not buying the whole 2000 mile move is lingering excuse. It's not like they wagon - trained it out west. And 3 facilities in a few months? Maybe if the players were the ones moving all the equipment. Ok, not even then.

They're making ridiculous coaching errors at the worst times, and players are either executing penalties or not executing plays at the worst times and they're just not good enough to overcome all the combined fuck ups.

when an opposing team has 3rd and long it makes me nervous. Actually, the last time I mentioned that was right before the offsides penalty that gave Stafford the free play for the long td. I said to my friend, here's the classic penalty or completion on third and long. Conversely, once the rams are within field goal range, I'm like, just kick it, now. Dont even bother running 3 times you'll probably lose yardage or grob will get called for a oenalty. And even then, despite Greg's leg being perfect on the year, his knuckle ball kicks make me sweat as much as they did during his crappie last year.

speaking of kicks, they fake punt from their own 28 but won't try a 59 yarder? Wtf? I thought he's supposed to be good for those. If they get that one plus the 60 yarder then the play calls are different during the last drive against the giants. Plus, your in soccer country, the fans would have loved that shit.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We haven't even gotten to .500 or sniffed the playoffs.
And your coach was a better QB than Keenum too...

Interesting theory here.
Not sure why Fisher would play along although I don't recall him ever saying they were working on it either.
Don't know if we'll ever know the truth but my guess is that Fisher wanted more than the 1-2 year obligatory deal
If I was a coach or any person that managed people, I wouldn't want my team to know I was leaving at the end of the year.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I was a coach or any person that managed people, I wouldn't want my team to know I was leaving at the end of the year.
Are you implying that Fisher would want to leave?
If that were the case I think he would be doing things different

StevenG-BR

Rookie
I don't think he'll be fired. But he won't be back next year either.

They'll let his contract run out and simply announce that his deal will not be renewed. Fisher is respected. This is a way to give him the boot without the humiliation of being fired.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think he'll be fired. But he won't be back next year either.

They'll let his contract run out and simply announce that his deal will not be renewed. Fisher is respected. This is a way to give him the boot without the humiliation of being fired.
Agree that's how it would happen if it did happen. I still don't think it will, though. I think it was predetermined that he'd be coaching in the new stadium after he got them through the transition out of STL and into LA. Whether it's warranted or not, I believe Kroenke wants to reward Fisher for taking on this endeavor, and I further think it was discussed when he was hired. No, I have no facts. It's just my feelings on the matter. I'm just drawing a line from point A to point B.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Agree that's how it would happen if it did happen. I still don't think it will, though. I think it was predetermined that he'd be coaching in the new stadium after he got them through the transition out of STL and into LA. Whether it's warranted or not, I believe Kroenke wants to reward Fisher for taking on this endeavor, and I further think it was discussed when he was hired. No, I have no facts. It's just my feelings on the matter. I'm just drawing a line from point A to point B.
images
:p

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've had that same feeling... if we end up 7-9, that feeling will make me want to vomit.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Anyone remember the PF penalty machine named Ray Ray Armstrong and how Fisher dealt with that?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
& for Fisher to continue as The Rams head coach ?
At this point I don't know if on the field performance is even connected to Fisher keeping his job.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
You heard me. Fisher can't coach a winning team but he cant get fired either. What will it take, ten more years of excuses?