According to Jason Stewart Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Agree that's how it would happen if it did happen. I still don't think it will, though. I think it was predetermined that he'd be coaching in the new stadium after he got them through the transition out of STL and into LA. Whether it's warranted or not, I believe Kroenke wants to reward Fisher for taking on this endeavor, and I further think it was discussed when he was hired. No, I have no facts. It's just my feelings on the matter. I'm just drawing a line from point A to point B.

I have mentioned this in other threads. I think Fisher will actually get bumped up to President of Football Operations or some title like that. Demoff is EVP and COO so, you could layer it with a President. Sneads stays on as GM and Fisher and Snead hire a new coach and so on. Like you said, I agree that Kroenke would want to reward Fisher for the transition and I also think it was discussed when he was being hired.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I have mentioned this in other threads. I think Fisher will actually get bumped up to President of Football Operations or some title like that. Demoff is EVP and COO so, you could layer it with a President. Sneads stays on as GM and Fisher and Snead hire a new coach and so on. Like you said, I agree that Kroenke would want to reward Fisher for the transition and I also think it was discussed when he was being hired.
Well there is that. Fisher might get rewarded for keeping the fans in St. Louis away from the dome.:mrburnsevil:

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Well there is that. Fisher might get rewarded for keeping the fans in St. Louis away from the dome.:mrburnsevil:

I didnt say it was right its just what I think. I think the move to LA had been in the works the day he bought the team. Like I said I didnt say it was right.

JRobinson

MiLB
Boy, I wanted to read verified sour

Well, I went to Fred Roggins twitter account, and he says there is no way Fisher will get fired now, but what happens the next 4 games is critical about Fisher's future....Roggins was pretty accurate in predicting what would happen in the relocation drama, and was a "must listen" to me for news, when he was on the Beast 980...He had insider information that was mostly accurate back then, how about now? So X, we will see if 2-2 the next 4 games is good enough for Kroenke...lol..It has been for the last few years..:banghead:

Off topic a little: where is Roggins now?

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Agree that's how it would happen if it did happen. I still don't think it will, though. I think it was predetermined that he'd be coaching in the new stadium after he got them through the transition out of STL and into LA. Whether it's warranted or not, I believe Kroenke wants to reward Fisher for taking on this endeavor, and I further think it was discussed when he was hired. No, I have no facts. It's just my feelings on the matter. I'm just drawing a line from point A to point B.

I just don't see it. If his return is guaranteed, I believe an extension would've been announced by now...to put to bed any doubt as to who's in charge.

The idea that Fisher gets a pass due to the move is a valid pov. But I just don't think Kroenke can sell that reasoning to the fans.

Anyone with a finger on the pulse of this fan base can feel the tension. Another 6 or 7 win season + a Fisher extension = Mutiny

Then there's the issue of the new contract. Will Fisher accept a one year prove it deal? No way does he get offered a long term deal. Kroenke doesn't strike me as someone who'll offer a four year deal knowing it's likely he'll only get 1-2 seasons of service.

I think the idea of a Fisher mulligan year might have been the initial plan. But now it's kinda backfiring.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No way does he get offered a long term deal. Kroenke doesn't strike me as someone who'll offer a four year deal knowing it's likely he'll only get 1-2 seasons of service
Maybe. I guess we'll find out, because it really hinges on how much he's truly committed to that 'patriot way' model he loves to tout. Personally, I'm fine either way, because I'm kind of anticipating an extension and have come to terms with it. I wouldn't be excited about it, but I would see the reasoning behind it after hearing Kroenke express his vision.

I agree that all of that could change at any moment though. As far as 'the people' being instrumental in affecting change? Yeah, I don't see it. I don't think he gives that much consideration. At least not until his Wonderland is complete and he can measure their level of dissent in actual loss of dollars and cents.

dac007

UDFA
Haven't read all the comments but here's my two cents. I know Fred provided great insider info and knew what was going on during the move process but this is different. Kronke is a very private dude, we knew his thought process during the move but now nobody can predict what he is thinking or will do right now. I believe Fisher is on the hot seat and could be fired soon for one reason.......$$$$. Kroenke is a business man first and foremost, he has invested a lot of money into the move to LA, he knows a team moving into a new stadium with a losing record for over a decade isn't going to sell PSL in that new stadium, especially with the cost of those PSL's. Fisher has a talented team, even with the QB issues this team should be better than sub .500 every year.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Are you implying that Fisher would want to leave?
If that were the case I think he would be doing things different
No. I wasn't implying that. But if he is a lame duck coach, he wouldn't get the same respect he would if he was getting an extension and coming back next year. I don't know if he is getting an extension or not, but I think his team will respond better if they thought he was.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I wasn't implying that. But if he is a lame duck coach, he wouldn't get the same respect he would if he was getting an extension and coming back next year. I don't know if he is getting an extension or not, but I think his team will respond better if they thought he was.
I think the only way the team would believe it, is if he had already signed one.
That's why NFL teams don't let this situation happen
Now on the other hand, during the season, I don't think the players even think about it
Conventional wisdom would have had them signing the obligatory 1-2 year extension in the off season. The fact they didn't sign it makes me believe that Fisher wanted a longer term deal.
In any event, its bizarre that in todays world of exposing secrets, we didn't hear about any negotiations.
As in one side refused the other in any way or that a deal was silently signed

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
when an opposing team has 3rd and long it makes me nervous.
I just spit out my water laughing at that. SO TRUE. I say it every time the opposing team has 3rd and long. "They got us right where they want us".

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Fisher is set up. He'll leave the Rams in two years, having done what Kroenke hired him to do, oversee the move from St. Louis and upgrade the roster. After the Rams move into their new digs in Inglewood, I expect Kroenke to bring in a more offensive minded HC to take the Rams the next step and Fisher will move on and become the HC of USC, were he went to college and his buddy, Lynn Swan, runs the football program.