Aaron Donald down to 10% body fat

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
There's actually a ton of scientific evidence proving that going below a certain body fat percentage that is unhealthy. While it's not 10%, anyone under 6% is where you start to see negative health risks in men. Everything from hormonal, cardiovascular, and neurological.
There is? Where? Does it prove it as fact or is it research where they speculate and make assumtions? I have my doubts

Athos

Legend
There is? Where? Does it prove it as fact or is it research where they speculate and make assumtions? I have my doubts

Google my friend. Do you honesty think you can sustain bodily function long term on a hyper low fat diet and low body fat %? Are you knowledgeable at all about human physiology? It has function. I don't have the time to do a refresher course on it, but the information is out there.

Transportation. Digestion. Vitamins. Just to name a few all require lipids.

Axon myelinated sheaths are composed of fat. Most of the brain is fat. It's not hard to even just deduce that when you start cutting fat to extreme levels you'll fuck yourself up. You'll wear thin what fat is used as and remember you also convert lipids to glucose and used as energy as well.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He looks pretty lean in this shot ;-) LOL
image.jpeg

http://www.sportingnews.com/other-s...kins-ndamukong-suh/11bvw5ke86on210z7fqdinqwzi

Last edited:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Google my friend. Do you honesty think you can sustain bodily function long term on a hyper low fat diet and low body fat %? Are you knowledgeable at all about human physiology? It has function. I don't have the time to do a refresher course on it, but the information is out there.

Transportation. Digestion. Vitamins. Just to name a few all require lipids.

Axon myelinated sheaths are composed of fat. Most of the brain is fat. It's not hard to even just deduce that when you start cutting fat to extreme levels you'll freak yourself up. You'll wear thin what fat is used as and remember you also convert lipids to glucose and used as energy as well.
OK you just used "low fat diet" why? Never said you needed to cut fat much less essential fatty acids. What I'm talking about is solely BF% in individuals. Key word is individuals because nobody's body is the same. If a person is genetically gifted with a very high metabolism that person will naturally have a very low BF%. Is that person unhealthy? I doubt it but if you want to believe you can do a study and the results apply to everyone go ahead. I don't believe everything I read on the Internet and there's research that's been done on bodybuilding who cut for a show that shows how dangerous the effects are on the body. What they don't take into account is the prescription drugs (Diuretics) they use to cut water weight. Please remember my discussion is about BF% and not low fat diets. To many variables to say a person with a low BF% is unhealthy. Also don't forget that a having a BF% that is lower then 10% is incredibly hard to do for a short time much less to maintain.

fancents86

Starter
pennshape.upenn.edu › files › pennshape

Thats just one. Like athos said, do some research. I've already done years of research on my own as well as taken many collegiate classes involving everything from kinesiology to human physiology.

Also, yes everyone is different and everyone has different bodyfat percentages, but when you start dipping below 6% you start messing with a lot of bodily function's and the bodies homeostasis. As for bodybuilding, diuretics effect potassium and electrolyte balances. That is why they are so dangerous, nothing to do with body fat %. Someone who is obese who takes diuretics can harm or even kill themselves the same way a bodybuilder with body fat below 6% can.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
pennshape.upenn.edu › files › pennshape

Thats just one. Like athos said, do some research. I've already done years of research on my own as well as taken many collegiate classes involving everything from kinesiology to human physiology.

Also, yes everyone is different and everyone has different bodyfat percentages, but when you start dipping below 6% you start messing with a lot of bodily function's and the bodies homeostasis. As for bodybuilding, diuretics effect potassium and electrolyte balances. That is why they are so dangerous, not bc of low body fat. Someone who is obese who takes diuretics can harm or even kill themselves the same way a bodybuilder with body fat below 6% can.
I never said diuretics are dangerous because of BF% . They are dangerous because these guy's use them to get super cut combined with the steroids and human growth hormones it's crazy stupid dangerous. I said how I feel about BF% and how everyone is different. The rest let's just agree to disagree because this thread is getting boring and not about Donald anymore.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Might not be at 10%, but he doesn't look like a DT

CoeX9byUEAU-UCT.jpg:large
Wow he does look very lean. If he's not there he is very close. The guy is a genetic freak. We are so lucky he was still there when we drafted him.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I dont care what his body fat is. He is a beast and a freak(the good kind of course). Best defensive player in the NFL and only making himself better.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Like a few....no need to go so low on BF%....long season....just keep working hard AD.....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Why is it BS? When Bruce Smith was playing it was reported that he was at 6% body fat. Didn't seem to hinder his performance.

If his goal is to look ripped, go for it. If his goal is to play DT there is no way he's at 10%. No way.

He looks good. But he's not at 10%.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It is hard to get under 10%, unless your goal is to look good or you are just thin naturally as a youth.

He's a DT.

bodyfat.jpg

Athos

Legend
Ja. He's hella ripped but that's not 10% or under. At that % you'd be seeing individual abs. His torso looks like a powerlifter.

Regardless, I wish I looked that good without a shirt. :cry: Fuck you Donald. That's the bod that makes the ladies wet.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Wow he does look very lean. If he's not there he is very close. The guy is a genetic freak. We are so lucky he was still there when we drafted him.
Not kidding--with Greg Robinson drafted #2 overall Snisher would have looked like fools.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
whats michael brockers body fat % at ? i think the Rams have 2 of the leanest DT's in the league as well as 2 of the more/most talented DT's as well.

Debacled

Starter
Exercise Physiologist here.

Being that he is in the NFL and its all about peak performance and measurement I have to assume the BF% reading was from a DEXA or DXA machine (they essentially x-ray you and it gives numbers based off density, it really doesn't get anymore accurate).

Healthy ranges for BF% depend on gender and age. For an elite level athlete 6-10% would be considered pretty normal, especially when in season. Usually not at the lineman positions, but for Donald's sake I'd be afraid to call him usual or normal.

For men generally speaking you or I walking around daily at a healthy level you'd love to see in the 12-16% range, 20% would be on the higher but still average side. Over 30% is where we see a increase in metabolic and cardiovascular risk factors and disease. Perfectly conceivable Donald could be rolling in at 10% if he took care of himself in the offseason. Generally 2-4% is considered essential fats that you would only see withered away by extreme starvation.

For example I tend to measure in around 4% myself, just the point my body likes to be at. I am no world class athlete nor am I on an extreme workout program. Thats just where my body likes to sit at on a normalized diet with regular exercise (in fact, I really don't ever do cardio....waste of time). No I don't "cut". No I don't use any steroids or diuretics. No drugs actually, unless you consider beer a diuretic haha.

Body fat would make no man better at playing football. Its just weight, it doesn't prevent injury. It doesn't make him quicker. It doesn't allow him to be stronger. It doesn't increase explosiveness or give him extra energy in the 4th Q with the clock running down. Its simply reserve energy stores that take quite a long time to be mobilized.