A " Just because I'm curious" Poll!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's your "Favorite" Former Rams Head Coach!?

• Adam Walsh - 1945-46 - Won the Rams their 1st National Title!

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Joe Stydahar - 1950-52 - Won the Rams their 2nd National Title

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Sid Gillman - 1955-59 - Highly respected by the Team and his Fellow Coaches

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Allen - 1966-70 - Turned Team around and gave us the Fearsome-Foursome

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • Chuck Knox - 1973-77 - 54-15-1 record/ 8 Playoff games

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • Ray Malavasi - 1978-82 - 6 Playoff game including SB XIV

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • John Robinson - 1983-91 - 75-6-o / 10 Playoff games

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Dick Vermeil - 1997-99 - Created GSOT and Won SB!

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • Mike Martz - 2000-05 - OC in SB Win / HC in SB Loss

Votes: 21 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Bear with me...

I really wish Spags could have had another year. Or at the least, wasn't pressured to do it all in 2011. I liked his mentality, appreciated what he was trying to do with the much malligned 'Four Pillars' and respected that he got results in 2010 with a rookie QB.

If they didn't feel the squeeze, maybe we'd have gotten two years of Bradford and McDaniels. That could have really been a game changer.

All-Time favorite has to be Vermeil. Respect the ring.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I was trying to post a pic of Larry Marmie. I'm sure you remember him!:mad:
Marmie-Larry.jpg

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@dieterbrock let's not forget the only reason he hired Lovie Smith was that the Cardinals denied permission for the Rams to interview Larry Marmie. Martz wanted Marmie as soon as he was hired as Head Coach and by the grace of god, they had to come up with somebody else and the organization and Martz went with Lovie Smith, who was a great hire, but after the Cardinals had denied permission for Marmie would have been his DC right from the outset...Keep in mind when Lovie was hired by the Bears Marmie was available at that time because the staff had been fired.

Again the Marmie hire was similar to Fisher's hiring of Brian Schottenheimer. Many knew Marmie would not be a good DC, but he had given Martz his shot as an OC at Arizona State where they both failed when Marmie was the Head Coach.
Boy, that would have changed EVERYTHING for Martz's legacy!

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
In my time as a Rams fan, I saw the back end of the Martz era then Linehan, Spags and Fisher.

So obviously the answer for me is Haslett.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If they didn't feel the squeeze, maybe we'd have gotten two years of Bradford and McDaniels. That could have really been a game changer.

It would have never worked, Bradford couldn't run McDaniels scheme. He couldn't read the defenses and make the line calls accordingly.

Remember all the times we saw someone on the OL blocking air and looking around as a defender came into the pocket untouched. They ended up taking away the line calls from Bradford and had someone on the OL make the calls.

It's a complicated scheme and in order for a QB to run it they have to be able to read defenses. Brady can do that and it's why he has kicked ass in McDaniel's system. He's one of the top OC's of this era IMO.