DRAFT 2023 NFL Draft - Rounds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I hope this isn't what happens but what if we draft BJ Ojulari and Hendon Hooker? Will we be happy to get a Hooker and a BJ?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
What are we, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers?
Worst thing is when they made that pick I thought to myself "wow that dude is as slam dunk as it gets at kicker so maybe that's a good call to take him there."

That was the year that taught me you can't ever trust a fucking kicker.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
ROD warming up for that #36 pick today

tumblr_ofen1sIGBF1twzku7o7_500.gifv

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
We're warming up and Les is ready to cool us off with a trade down. :laugh4:

Tano

Legend
Worst thing is when they made that pick I thought to myself "wow that dude is as slam dunk as it gets at kicker so maybe that's a good call to take him there."

That was the year that taught me you can't ever trust a fucking kicker.
Cmon- you know you love kickers

oldnotdead

Legend
IMO Hooker is probably going to the Titans today, and I expect them to trade up to do it. That's why IMO it's Levis or wait until the 3rd and take Tune or McKee in the 5th if he lasts that long. Levis is going to be super motivated to prove all the teams that passed on him wrong. That is not a bad thing if channeled properly. Can he be a franchise talent? Levis has the physical tools to be a franchise QB. What will make or break him is what is between his ears. Does he have the football smarts to play at that level in the NFL?

A huge thing for Levis going to the Rams would be all the info Coen has obviously supplied both McVay and Snead. They should have a very good picture of Levis as an NFL QB. People questioned Josh Allen as a rookie and he was far and away more raw than Levis. Levis is a boom-bust prospect and IMO it's not the physical attributes that will prevent him from succeeding. One thing he has for him over Hooker, and that is he's used to playing behind a marginal OL. Believe me that is a huge plus.

IMO if Coen has persuaded the Rams that Levis can be the successor to Stafford then the Rams will take him at 36. The only thing that will prevent the Titans from taking Hooker and perhaps grabbing Levis is Hooker's injury. ACL's have become routine in the NFL, but you never really know. All you have to do is look at Terrell Lewis and OBJ to see how not every knee heals the same.

I think that Hooker's injury is exactly what has dropped him. Would the Rams take the chance if Levis goes to the Titans? I'm not so sure they would. I think OBJ and Lewis have left a bad taste in their mouth about drafting or signing injured players. If Levis is off the board then I think the Rams might pass on Hooker and take Tune or Mckee later. IMO both are safer picks. Don't forget that in 2021 McKee was looked upon as having first round talent. He's dropped for two reasons, a poor season last year (not his fault) and a poor combine. But the Rams tend to draft on traits and Mckee has those traits that Tune doesn't. McKee played a West Coast offense at Stanford and that is one of the more difficult systems to master, and he's got a very good arm with good accuracy. McKee could be another Stafford type QB. If it's not Levis IMO it will be McKee probably in the third round. BTW McKee also knows what it is to play behind a less than elite OL.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
If he even gets that far. Steelers dont need him, since they have Friermuth, but the effing Cards sure do since Ertz is way past his time.
But yeah, no way he gets past them.
Maybe Steelers would take a 5th rounder to swap spots?
Cards drated a TE in the 2nd round last year. I highly doubt they have any interest in taking another TE this early. They have tons of other fish to fry.
Detroit shopping Swift - that could be an interesting get for a year - he is still cheap and if he has a good year, could turn into a comp pick if someone else signs him.
If the price is right, I'd take Swift every day of the week. And, we have good rapport with the Lions.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Mock of what I think might happen before us:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers from Chicago Bears - Joey Porter Jr, CB
33. Arizona Cardinals from Houston Texans - Keion White, Edge
34. Detroit Lions from Arizona Cardinals - Michael Mayer, TE
35. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Branch, S/CB

I think those are all pretty damn good fits with those teams. That does remove 4 good prospects for us and doesn't remove any QB's.

36. Los Angeles Rams - That leaves us with all the interior OL guys, a much depleted Edge/CB class, the 2 QB's, Washington, and a few WR's I have zero interest in here. Given that there is not glaring elite talent that fell to us, I would say 9 times out of 10 I do my best to get a trade down of about 8-10 picks depending upon comp. I'm sure one of the OL or Edges will drop. I don't feel fantastic about drafting anyone left at 36 myself. Like, I won't feel like we got a steal really outside of maybe Levis and I don't think that's the right pick for the Rams.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
Mock of what I think might happen before us:

32. Pittsburgh Steelers from Chicago Bears - Joey Porter Jr, CB
33. Arizona Cardinals from Houston Texans - Keion White, Edge
34. Detroit Lions from Arizona Cardinals - Michael Mayer, TE
35. Indianapolis Colts - Brian Branch, S/CB

I think those are all pretty damn good fits with those teams. That does remove 4 good prospects for us and doesn't remove any QB's.

36. Los Angeles Rams - That leaves us with all the interior OL guys, a much depleted Edge/CB class, the 2 QB's, Washington, and a few WR's I have zero interest in here. Given that there is not glaring elite talent that fell to us, I would say 9 times out of 10 I do my best to get a trade down of about 8-10 picks depending upon comp. I'm sure one of the OL or Edges will drop. I don't feel fantastic about drafting anyone left at 36 myself. Like, I won't feel like we got a steal really outside of maybe Levis and I don't think that's the right pick for the Rams.
In that scenario I'd still go Torrance at 36 unless someone is giving me something in the early 40's plus two more '23 picks for it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Official predictions for us at #36 (with not trade down)? Mine is depressing: Jalen Hyatt.

I don't think McVay can resist the shiny toy still sitting there. I'd hate it.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PFF - Last night they tipped picks like a pick in advance. I didn't last long on there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Call me crazy but I'd say Mayer to the Lions is a borderline lock.

Just traded away Hockenson and Mayer is 100% a Dan Campbell guy if I've ever seen one. Just like Jack Campbell on the other side of the ball.
Hoping Darnell Washington is more his type. But yeah, it would be a shock if Mayer isn’t a Lion