DRAFT 2023 NFL Draft - Rounds 2 and 3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Ade Adebawore is the next one surely
I'd be fine with him too.

Really, I am fine with anyone the Rams pick. I don't watch an overly high amount of college football. What I know is just from perusing various pre-draft rankings. Which are often wrong.

My only gripe is when the Rams "reach" on a pick by multiple rounds. Nothing wrong with going after your player. But you have to think the team can trade down in those situations. You never know though, I guess.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Good pick to end the night IMO. Surprised Ringo is still on the board he was a 1st rounder to some people but most had him in the 2nd I think.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Well, signing off for the night gentlemen. As always, a pleasure! See y'all early tomorrow

Ram65

Legend
Physical snot-bubbler bitches. That's what I'm talkin about wooooooo!

PFF dudes going on about him boy. They love him.

You made go and watch. They do like him.

The Rams could use some more beef up front. Looks like he will rotate this year.

What do you think?

oldnotdead

Legend
So far I like this draft. They needed to hit on their first three picks and they did. Again it was clear they were targeting Hooker and missed because they needed to take Avila at 36 or lose him. I see them taking Tune if he's on the board in the 4th or McKee or Haener in the 5th if he isn't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I absolutely get it my friend. I just don't understand the relevance here and now with the draft specifically.
Because a bunch of men, especially younger men, follow football. Good way to recruit people.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
You made go and watch. They do like him.

The Rams could use some more beef up front. Looks like he will rotate this year.

What do you think?
We need either 5T or 1T. Maybe both depending on what they think of Brown. Personally I see Brown as better at 5T but that's with the caveat that we don't know if he's good enough for either. Just the size and whatnot, his movement. So I wanted a 1T.

This guy is a 3T. But he's gonna be a rotational dude and they'll train him and set his weight for whatever they see as the main need.

My guess is we still see them add an oversized 1T type or someone very good vs doubles they can train into that role. Then use this guy at 5T initially and rotation for odd fronts they put out there. The rotation is better now though no doubt.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
So far I like this draft. They needed to hit on their first three picks and they did. Again it was clear they were targeting Hooker and missed because they needed to take Avila at 36 or lose him. I see them taking Tune if he's on the board in the 4th or McKee or Haener in the 5th if he isn't.
Who says they were targeting Hooker?

Seems to me today was about rebuilding the lines and filling that gap between pick 77 and pick 167. They did both.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I hope they go after Charlie Jones, Xavier Hutchinson, or Izzy. I'd prefer Charlie Jones.....seems like a baller at WR with sure hands.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think they have a QB midround they are in love with. Rationale here is that they need a backup who might be able to start which is what you get with these guys. There are numerous to choose from. Some of them their film is surprisingly good too.

And they interviewed Hall twice. Suspect McVay likes the idea of a backup QB who makes him look taller in preseason games.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
I'm siding with most Lions fans I'm reading. Hating their first round but loving this last pick.
Imo Holmes is in total command of his game and lighting it up.

Gibbs is the most explosive player in the draft. He can play WR from the slot with 4.36 speed and unstoppable moves to get open in space. Fits Detroit much better than Bijan Robinson. He will be a nightmare for defenses and a game changer, especially when Williams returns at WR.

LaPorta was probably Dan Campbell's pick of the litter at TE. Also really athletic, very close to Hockenson and even Kittles. Can block. Adds another threat to a really good offense.

Lions will have no weak links on O with Amon Ra, Williams, and Gibbs at WR (or RB), Montgomery at RB, Laporta at TE. And a punishing o-line. Power, speed, and pass catching at RB. An even better run game and better play action. Two of the fastest WRs in the NFL. Goff will have a field day.

Campbell is the best LB in the draft. Much more athletic than people think. Fills a big hole in the middle of the D which couldn't stop the run last year. Branch is a serious impact defender at nickel or safety. Another tackling machine like Campbell. Adds more force to a seriously rebuilt secondary.

Hooker will either be a great backup, or Goff's replacement in two years if they can't afford him to pay him the big bucks he will command.

These guys (except Hooker) could all start right away for Detroit or many other teams. All real competitors and no knuckleheads. Unlike Jalen Carter.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Moody went in the 3rd?

:woozy:

Shanahan said the quote below, and I laughed out loud. Hey Mike; it’s still the 3rd round!

:D

"When you look at Pick 99, they call it the third round, but to me, it's seven picks after the third round ends, so I feel like it's the start of the fourth round.”

Ram65

Legend
We need either 5T or 1T. Maybe both depending on what they think of Brown. Personally I see Brown as better at 5T but that's with the caveat that we don't know if he's good enough for either. Just the size and whatnot, his movement. So I wanted a 1T.

This guy is a 3T. But he's gonna be a rotational dude and they'll train him and set his weight for whatever they see as the main need.

My guess is we still see them add an oversized 1T type or someone very good vs doubles they can train into that role. Then use this guy at 5T initially and rotation for odd fronts they put out there. The rotation is better now though no doubt.

I thought they said he moved around the line some in college. I think he has some versatility. We will see how the Rams decide to use him. With Bryon Young on the edge, I expect more stunting to free him up to use his speed and twitch. Turner's quickness will aid in creating holes for Young.

I had to look up Brown's size. He listed at 324 Lbs @ 6 4. The dude will only be 23 in August. He looked good when given a chance. I expect he shows up big time this year. Similar in size to Brockers. Maybe, they move him around.

Turner and AD have the quickness but, as you say they still need a big body in the middle on early down. The Rams have a lot of picks remaining. If you throw enough darts you may hit the bull's eye a big guy.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Imo Holmes is in total command of his game and lighting it up.

Gibbs is the most explosive player in the draft. He can play WR from the slot with 4.36 speed and unstoppable moves to get open in space. Fits Detroit much better than Bijan Robinson. He will be a nightmare for defenses and a game changer, especially when Williams returns at WR.

LaPorta was probably Dan Campbell's pick of the litter at TE. Also really athletic, very close to Hockenson and even Kittles. Can block. Adds another threat to a really good offense.

Lions will have no weak links on O with Amon Ra, Williams, and Gibbs at WR (or RB), Montgomery at RB, Laporta at TE. And a punishing o-line. Power, speed, and pass catching at RB. An even better run game and better play action. Two of the fastest WRs in the NFL. Goff will have a field day.

Campbell is the best LB in the draft. Much more athletic than people think. Fills a big hole in the middle of the D which couldn't stop the run last year. Branch is a serious impact defender at nickel or safety. Another tackling machine like Campbell. Adds more force to a seriously rebuilt secondary.

Hooker will either be a great backup, or Goff's replacement in two years if they can't afford him to pay him the big bucks he will command.

These guys (except Hooker) could all start right away for Detroit or many other teams. All real competitors and no knuckleheads. Unlike Jalen Carter.
All well and good and I never called Gibbs or Campbell bad players. Just bad positional value. In todays NFL where draft capital and salary capital are moving away from those two positions they used premium picks there. Again good players they just to me and a whole lot of other people could have done much better. The Lions are still a better team after the draft but could have been much better. Just my opinion.

I like their day 2 even with a meh feeling about LaPorta.