OFFICIAL 2022 Rams Training Camp Thread (General News and Notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Re: Bruss. Rams have a history under McVay of not starting expected starters who are rookies at their spots at the start of training camp. I think this is a case of people being too clever by half. Believe what you hear. They expect Bruss to start, they're not handing it to him ala how they've brought players along in the past.

If Bruss doesn't pass Shelton mid camp, I would expect that the Rams brass would be very disappointed. That being said, if Shelton were to blow him out of the water (very unlikely but not impossible), they're not gonna just sit him for a draft pick they like.
Last year it was Corbett at C and Evans at RG all camp until late and then it changed. We have to trust McVay to get the best 5 out there for week 1. Bruss should have a good shot to win the job but Shelton has played some decent football for us at IOL and if he wins the job it shouldn't be a surprise.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Re: Bruss. Rams have a history under McVay of not starting expected starters who are rookies at their spots at the start of training camp. I think this is a case of people being too clever by half. Believe what you hear. They expect Bruss to start, they're not handing it to him ala how they've brought players along in the past.

If Bruss doesn't pass Shelton mid camp, I would expect that the Rams brass would be very disappointed. That being said, if Shelton were to blow him out of the water (very unlikely but not impossible), they're not gonna just sit him for a draft pick they like.
I think it's different in many ways. Bruss has a built-in support/accountability system in place with Hav & Edwards, who have taken the fellow Badger in.
I think you're right.. he starts.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think Kendrick is gonna be one of the guys to have a big camp and earn some substantial playing time

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think Kendrick is gonna be one of the guys to have a big camp and earn some substantial playing time

It could lead to a potential glut at the position... Troy Hill's name is popping up already these days for good plays. 2 years ago we had a worse pass rush but a superior coverage unit to last year and a superior D overall. Would be great to see our coverage get back to elite status.

Jourdan just mentioned that a ton of depth guys look position versatile in the secondary which could go a long way towards making the "Star" position the position of strength it was in 2020 vs a bit of a drop in 2021.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if i had to guess i would say it was a case of weak arm syndrome.

he ain't keeping up with atwell.

Only video or players speaking will tell us that. But yes Wolford doesn't have a special arm.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

was that chris garrett that looked like a missile heading towards the dummy qb?