OFFICIAL 2022 Rams Training Camp Thread (General News and Notes)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
We’re the F’ing champs. But I still feel like there’s work to do. Don’t stay complacent. Keep working and run this shit back!

Last edited:

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Last year of his rookie deal, seems like the McVay MO to just cycle running backs.
OS- First, thanks for all of your posts. I have read this forum daily for over a decade and appreciate what you share.

Second, I'm not savvy on how to quote prior posts. I tried quoting your original on Coach Henderson. That who I meant in terms of him being too good of a coach to stick with us. If he doesn't get a chance to climb the ladder with us, someone is going to poach him, ala Pleasant in Detroit. McVay is a genius in finding these guys and we will inevitably lose ones we have no spots for.

I like Darrell and think he has a chance to stick with us as I don't see him breaking out with a healthy Cam on board.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OS- First, thanks for all of your posts. I have read this forum daily for over a decade and appreciate what you share.

Second, I'm not savvy on how to quote prior posts. I tried quoting your original on Coach Henderson. That who I meant in terms of him being too good of a coach to stick with us. If he doesn't get a chance to climb the ladder with us, someone is going to poach him, ala Pleasant in Detroit. McVay is a genius in finding these guys and we will inevitably lose ones we have no spots for.

I like Darrell and think he has a chance to stick with us as I don't see him breaking out with a healthy Cam on board.
I like Darrell and think he's an adequate #2/change of pace back. But he has limitations. Players generally get a raise with that second contract and there are always teams that have more cap space than us and they need to spend cap so they'll over pay. We're paying too many players big money to give a backup back more than a rookie deal. This is just my opinion but all these different things point to Hendo playing elsewhere in 2023 imo.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I like Darrell and think he's an adequate #2/change of pace back. But he has limitations. Players generally get a raise with that second contract and there are always teams that have more cap space than us and they need to spend cap so they'll over pay. We're paying too many players big money to give a backup back more than a rookie deal. This is just my opinion but all these different things point to Hendo playing elsewhere in 2023 imo.
I share these thoughts. It may be Hendo's first fully healthy season and he lives up to all of his potential. Even if this somewhat unlikely scenario plays out, as long as Cam plays respectably Henderson will be a casualty to the business side.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not that Henderson wouldn't normally, but he is definitely driven in a contract year to leave his best on the field. I sure hope that he stays healthy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Henderson has a great year, a team will offer him a silly contract that the Rams cant match.
If Henderson has another injury prone season, and disappoints once again, Rams wont spend the $$ to re-sign him
Hard to see a way that he's wearing Horns in 2023

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I"m planning on attending all the TC practices and posting a report on all of them here at ROD. Hopefully
I'll be hanging with my friend and fellow ROD member VeteranRamFan.

I'm wondering if I should post a Pre-TC Report the day before TC outlining how TC progresses, what I intend to key on and a little about myself and what little I know about football.

What ya'all think?

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I"m planning on attending all the TC practices and posting a report on all of them here at ROD. Hopefully

I'm wondering if I should post a Pre-TC Report the day before TC outlining how TC progresses, what I intend to key on and a little about myself and what little I know about football.

What ya'all think?
We love all of your stuff @bubbaramfan. Whatever you write, we will be reading it. Thanks again for all you do.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

What ya'all think?
Special Teams again @bubbaramfan you were so dead on about the punt returners and how bad they were last year, I'm interested in your viewpoints on the punters Dixon & Dicker.