2018 Rams Free Agency Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend

giphy.gif

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
This whole thing is actually annoying the crap out of me!!! I understand plans cap our own players etc. But if your a team who is going for it now and it was great to get those two corners super excited about it but I'm sorry I don't care who you add in a second wave unless you have some master super plan. I'm a huge Rams fan but this is kind of annoying they are better at trades then they are at free agency with last year being the exception lol. In all seriousness my point to this (rant coming)...

-Where is the Watkins money that we offered him???? Why isn't that being used to improve this team. That could of been used on one or two impactful FA.
-We were budgeted to be under the cap to add some players your not going to win anything with teams like the saints adding depth and now scheduling a visit with Suh. Or a team like the Vikings adding Cousins and having Sheldon Richardson locked up in a storage closet so he can't leave.
-I feel like all the other teams are improving majorly and we are trying to add bargain basement people hard to win like that as of now our schedule is killer and we actually play a lot of these teams.
-And wtf is the issue with signing our own FA??? It just seems like we shooting ourselves in the foot.
- I am all for not throwing stupid money around but if you trade non scheme fits like Ogeltree and Quinn, scheme fits or not talent is talent and Picking up leftovers or scraps not going to improve this team and keep us in the running with the Eagles, Vikes, Saints these teams are just getting better way better.
- The Rams are not going to sneak up on anyone this season so two awesome corners while losing players at every other position isn't going to improve us. Even if we do luck out again with hardly any major injuries we still will have a tough time I believe.

Just imagine the saints d-line with Suh
And the Vikings d-line with Richardson

Watkins money should of at least been used on some pieces if not one major piece. Unless Ekuban, Littleton, Reynolds, and Thomas are all pro bowlers. I guess frustration is building up not being able to do much in FA and mostly not being able to sign our own!!!!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This whole thing is actually annoying the crap out of me!!! I understand plans cap our own players etc. But if your a team who is going for it now and it was great to get those two corners super excited about it but I'm sorry I don't care who you add in a second wave unless you have some master super plan. I'm a huge Rams fan but this is kind of annoying they are better at trades then they are at free agency with last year being the exception lol. In all seriousness my point to this (rant coming)...

-Where is the Watkins money that we offered him???? Why isn't that being used to improve this team. That could of been used on one or two impactful FA.
-We were budgeted to be under the cap to add some players your not going to win anything with teams like the saints adding depth and now scheduling a visit with Suh. Or a team like the Vikings adding Cousins and having Sheldon Richardson locked up in a storage closet so he can't leave.
-I feel like all the other teams are improving majorly and we are trying to add bargain basement people hard to win like that as of now our schedule is killer and we actually play a lot of these teams.
-And wtf is the issue with signing our own FA??? It just seems like we shooting ourselves in the foot.
- I am all for not throwing stupid money around but if you trade non scheme fits like Ogeltree and Quinn, scheme fits or not talent is talent and Picking up leftovers or scraps not going to improve this team and keep us in the running with the Eagles, Vikes, Saints these teams are just getting better way better.
- The Rams are not going to sneak up on anyone this season so two awesome corners while losing players at every other position isn't going to improve us. Even if we do luck out again with hardly any major injuries we still will have a tough time I believe.

Watkins money should of at least been used on some pieces if not one major piece. Unless Ekuban, Littleton, Reynolds, and Thomas are all pro bowlers. I guess frustration is building up not being able to do much in FA and mostly not being able to sign our own!!!!!!
Last week they were geniuses for the trades they made. This week they suck because they haven't done the moves you feel they should have already. The 2nd day of the league year and the roster isn't 100% set OMG the sky is falling.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Really hoping to hear about Bowman signing here or something. I'm a bit worried about our MLB job, and Bowman would bring a lot to it. It looks like the Raiders are moving on from him with their recent signings. Would make me feel a lot better about our lack of movement in FA. Already lost several quality MLB to other teams. Very slim pickings for NT now.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Last week they were geniuses for the trades they made. This week they suck because they haven't done the moves you feel they should have already. The 2nd day of the league year and the roster isn't 100% set OMG the sky is falling.

That's what you got out of that. Nah dude not what I'm saying first of all as I said love the additions of the corners great moves. Never said the sky is falling what I did say is forgetting the cap space we had and the alotted money for Donald and future etc my basic point is where is the 12-14 million Watkins was going to get surely you could of done something impactful with just that on either front offense or defense. I understand there is a lot of time between now and the start of the season but my point is other teams know that too I'm not referring to teams trying like the Bears or the Browns I'm talking about the teams we are competing with that are supposively our competition. I have always worn rose colored glasses when it comes to this team even when the Rams were the laughing stock of the league I was the eternal Rams optimist but I'm a bit frustrated with struggling to sign our own let alone someone to help us with Watkins money. Basically my whole point is If you did nothing else Watkins money could of brought a player or two we really needed. Makes me wonder if we really tried to sign him even though what he got was totally ridiculous and good riddins anyhow.

nighttrain

Legend
if we haven't had a bunch of signings of ours and others by April 15, then worry. Its along month with nothing else going on
train

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I like punctuation.

if we haven't had a bunch of signings of ours and others by April 15, then worry. Its along month with nothing else going on
train

I agree but what will be left and by then we may lose some of our guys but I understand that the team will not look like it does now. However I'm just trying to say you still need impact players to win and the corners are awesome but I do feel Sammys money should have reeled in something one or two free agents after that I'm all for the waiting game and the smart chess play.

nighttrain

Legend
I agree but what will be left and by then we may lose some of our guys but I understand that the team will not look like it does now. However I'm just trying to say you still need impact players to win and the corners are awesome but I do feel Sammys money should have reeled in something one or two free agents after that I'm all for the waiting game and the smart chess play.
if it's reasonable, i'd really like to get Pryor
big guy 6'4'' 230 lbs, great red zone target
train

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
if it's reasonable, i'd really like to get Pryor
big guy 6'4'' 230 lbs, great red zone target
train

Totally agree 1000% if you have seen my badly punctuated posts for the last couple of days he has been on my list lol!!!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Never said the sky is falling what I did say is forgetting the cap space we had and the alotted money for Donald and future etc my basic point is where is the 12-14 million Watkins was going to get surely you could of done something impactful with just that on either front offense or defense.

My point still stands, we're 25 hours into the league year and you're worried about where money is going to be spent? Relax! We are barely into pro days and the draft is still a month plus away. Free agency has barely started this isn't over by any stretch of the imagination. Just because you felt a NT or ILB or whatever was worth a certain dollar amount doesn't mean that Wade or McVay agree with you. They have a plan and they have a contingency plan. Relax and let them do their job. Seriously we've had more threads worrying about things than we have had celebrating what's been done. All that and just 25 hours into the league year.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

That is just whacked & out of control !! Is there a DR. In the House ?

Total disagree.. keep your own , but sign high priced FA as well ?

John Sullivan was replaced by Austin Blythe during the season. He held up well. Neary & Eldenkamp are nice young players as well.
Goff also needs to grow more & maybe take control of the signals.

How MUCH is mother F’ing Aaron Donald going to cost ? You want to KEEP your own ?
What happened to Richardson & SUH ? Both were CUT !!

FA part just started . If you couldn’t see why The Rams kept 4 Centers then maybe there is something missing ?
Neary played real well as a starter against the Niners. There is going to be competition at the center position.