2018 Rams Free Agency Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The prioritization of the secondary while shipping out Ogletree makes me wonder..

Is it possible that the FO believes that our run defense was that bad solely because of Ogletree and the lack of a NT?

Maybe they are willing to roll with Littleton.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams are just waiting for the second tier free agents, not to mention the players who are cut because teams overspent on free agency, or just were over the cap anyway. Which is a good policy. If a team needs one star player, making a splash may make sense - but the Rams need specialized role players basically - except for an edge rusher, which was not a strength of this free agency. They will find a guy who fits Phillips' needs at ILB soon, probably a NT, some other depth players.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The prioritization of the secondary while shipping out Ogletree makes me wonder..

Is it possible that the FO believes that our run defense was that bad solely because of Ogletree and the lack of a NT?

It's possible. Hager is a possibility also. But there is a lot of time still. They could draft a great Linebacker in round 1. Or stick to taking some run defending ILBs later. With the secondary like it is, ILBs that are great in coverage are less necessary. It seems Barron is that guy at OLB. It isn't hard to find run defending only there.

It will be interesting to see which way they go. A guy like Vander Esch would be amazing on this defense but it seems more likely that they go after edge rushers early.

Psycho_X

Legend

Also, apparently tendered Ficken as well. I don't think that is abnormal as they need a camp leg. But some insurance for GZ just in case.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion

I honestly thought Littleton did a very nice job for them last year. I'd definitely like to add a starter, but I feel pretty darn good about Littleton in our LB corps.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I trust Wade if he thinks Samson is ready to be a starter. Looking for big things from him.

giphy.gif