2018 Rams Free Agency Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
I'd like to give celek a look but releasing him the same day they lost Burton doesn't look good.

RamWoodie

Legend
I don't see going for Suh because you lose the cap space you freed up. There's good depth on the DLine, so develop your young players around Donald and press on.

The hunt is for 34 defense LBs with Quinn and Tree gone.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
I would argue that that's the exact reason that Seattle couldn't field an offensive line, running back or decent receiver core these last few years. And honestly, without the incredible performance of an athletic QB like Wilson who makes more plays "off-time" than "on-time" - I don't think they even make Superbowl XLIX.

We will pay Donald, we'll pay Joyner, and Gurley and Goff. Can everyone have fat contracts?

I don't see going for Suh because you lose the cap space you freed up. There's good depth on the DLine, so develop your young players around Donald and press on.

The hunt is for 34 defense LBs with Quinn and Tree gone.

I agree but unless we draft a NT we need one 3-4 linebackers no matter how could need help from a big block eating NT for them to be at there best not to mention some edge rushers.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
The Rams are young and cheap at WR. Adding a veteran who can come in situationally or to compete with Reynolds makes sense. Moncreif, John Brown, and Taylor Gabriel are all intriguing options.

Not paying Sammy changes the whole dynamic of FA IMO. More options to spend elsewhere and I have no clue how they will do it outside of bringing back Sullivan and NRC who will be relatively cheap.

Suh is a mercenary and will no doubt go to whoever offers the most money. He intrigues me the most in the first tier of FAs. Outside of that I wouldn't spend big on a NT or an off the ball LB. LB relatively deep in FA and I would wait it out until the second wave.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So after tagging Joyner, I have flashbacks to what we just went down with TruJo.

Add that paying a DT QB money is no easy thing to consider, and then look at what's currently happening with LeVeon Bell - that's our future with Gurley.

I personally would just extend all of them, but I have zero confidence right now that anything will get done. Now that you've tagged Joyner you pretty much committed to making him the highest paid safety in the NFL. I think we're all still confused by the hold up with AD.

I guess what I'm saying is, there are no easy decisions and the positions these guys play seem to be making it difficult for the Rams to just agree to whatever demands they are/will be having.

don't overthink it man. just go with the flow. whatever happens, happens. whatever will be, will be. the future's not ours to see. whatever will be, will be.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
How are the Rams beat writers so bad they literally have nothing on one of the biggest days in the NFL. Disgraceful. Bring back Jim Thomas. Preferably the version before the whole abandoning city thing that happened.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
How are the Rams beat writers so bad they literally have nothing on one of the biggest days in the NFL. Disgraceful. Bring back Jim Thomas. Preferably the version before the whole abandoning city thing that happened.

Yeah I have seen NOTHING today about the Rams interested in anyone. Maybe they are waiting for the cheaper 2nd waive like last year (besides Whit). Thats how we ended up with Sullivan and NRC. Still a little news would be nice lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Packers are cutting Jordy Nelson.

If he comes cheap, then his experience could be a valuable teaching tool for our receivers and Goff. Plus, when healthy he can still stretch the field. I know that he is not the same guy, but a one year deal is low risk.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
Yeah I have seen NOTHING today about the Rams interested in anyone. Maybe they are waiting for the cheaper 2nd waive like last year (besides Whit). Thats how we ended up with Sullivan and NRC. Still a little news would be nice lol.

These guys are terrible. Alden, Kelin, Bonsignore, Hammond, the whole lot. I could do better reporting with my ass plopped on the couch. All these guys are good for is getting beat to information and then writing something painfully obvious long after everyone has digested the information. So appreciative of their great insight about the Rams not wanting pay Sammy 16 mil a year.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
If he comes cheap, then his experience could be a valuable teaching tool for our receivers and Goff. Plus, when healthy he can still stretch the field. I know that he is not the same guy, but a one year deal is low risk.
Not to mention, him and Kupp are basically the same player. Although Jordy was much faster back in his younger days.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Lol I wonder why you think that?
Cause they’re both white duh.

No, but really. At this point in Jordys career he isn’t a burner anymore. But he runs good routes with sticky hands. They’re both 6’3 215ish. I mean, what more do you want?

WestCoastRam

Legend
I think it's been reported by Vinny that Rams will not be players in 1st round of FA except for trying to sign their own. Will look for bargins in 2nd round FA.