13 Carries....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
If Tru doesn't commit that dumb penalty u take 7 points off the board and believe we win easily... I put this on Tru and the defense
If worms had machine guns birds wouldn't f**k with them. You can't go back and do what ifs. Because everything afterwards would have played out differently. And there is no way to know that Goff doesn't throw an INT the next series.

BTW, I think Gurley should have at least 20 runs a game minimum.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
It is funny.
After years of "we need,WRs a QB and an imaginative attacking passing game" we have people calling for a run heavy O.
Results are what matter and McVay has gotten them way beyond expectation.
I will say it again....28 points on 45 or so plays is wildly effective.

Can’t speak for X but I don’t think much of anyone I’ve read on this board that wants “run heavy” right now.

Our playmaker, a complete back, a monster...should get more carries.

And the Rams O needs more plays and series.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
Gurley is the 2nd or 3rd leading rusher in the NFL, and the Rams are the 2nd highest scoring team in the NFL. His weakness is not doing what fans want him to do in retrospect. I'd bet my bank that if he ran too much, people would tick and moan that he didn't throw enough. I won't partake in questioning what this guy sees on the field and pretend i know how he should do his job. Do you even see the difference in this team right now compared to the last 4 years?

I won't spend another second debating this.
Really, we lost the 3rd down battle today Couldn't get off the field, nor come up with our own conversion in the end. We did ok offensively, and just missed when we needed it.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Where is the vaunted 2 TE offense McVay was allegedly famous for? If there ever was a game ripe for that it was this one. Everett is a mismatch. Why run Gurley to the right side when Whitworth just went out? Too many ghosts of Martz showing up. Thank God McVay doesn't make personnel decisions.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The last two were the typical late game 3 yard loss off right tackle . How about a screen play on first down late in the game . You can't play from behind the sticks in crunch time .

fearsomefour

Legend
Can’t speak for X but I don’t think much of anyone I’ve read on this board that wants “run heavy” right now.

Our playmaker, a complete back, a monster...should get more carries.

And the Rams O needs more plays and series.
Has only been an issue in losses vs minn and philly. Rams have done well possessing the ball most of the year.
16 touches out of 46 (I think) plays....35% of the offense. Not bad.
But I get what you're saying.

Ram65

Legend
At minimum, we need to play it safe and make them earn it. We have a backup RT in. We are up one point. They have Foles in. Play it safe, and worst case scenario, you make Foles drive down the field and win. McVay needs to learn from that mistake. Don't underestimate the difference losing a starter can make.

I didn't but McVay did. lol

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith
If Tru doesn't commit that dumb penalty u take 7 points off the board and believe we win easily... I put this on Tru and the defense
I saw the Eagles TE catch what I think was their first TD and stand over Tree barking at him while he was on the ground. That initiated the early chipiness we saw in the game.

Maybe Tru saw this as a precedent? Doubt it, but maybe.

Spider2YB

Pro Bowler
Has only been an issue in losses vs minn and philly. Rams have done well possessing the ball most of the year.
They ran 40 more plays than we did. If Gurley has 23 carries instead of 13, that 40 probably drops to 10-15. It’s not just about getting the ball in our best players hands, it’s keeping them off the field and keeping our D fresh.

fearsomefour

Legend
They ran 40 more plays than we did. If Gurley has 23 carries instead of 13, that 40 probably drops to 10-15. It’s not just about getting the ball in our best players hands, it’s keeping them off the field and keeping our D fresh.
Maybe.
Hard to argue with a 7.7 YPC average.

Marc Spector

Rookie
My biggest criticism of McVay/Goff so far is the infatuation with the "big play".

You cant go up against one of the top ranked pass rushes in the league and not have more safety valve plays drawn up. Or more rushes up the middle to bait the defense to stay home.

Ive seen this flaw repeatedly. Even in games we win. Playing conservative isn't the worst thing in the world considering its a game of inches. And we have arguably the best RB in the league.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

When the zebras kept handing the ball back to the Eagles after a 3rd down stop, it stripped the Rams of a 5-10 play opportunity.

Yeah, they’ve lost to good defenses...but this team does have answers and 30 wanted it bad!

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
situational football. the situation didn't call for a long pass when we had the lead and our tackle went down

Ramzheart

Rookie
When he decided to go for a PA shot on first and ten right after Havenstein got hurt. It was the play that cost us the game. He called a long-developing passing play with our backup RT in instead of running the ball, using the clock, and forcing Philly to drive the length of the field to win it.
You called it!! That is the drive you should of let Gurley take over.
I also didn't like punting on 4th and 10 with that little time left. We can't get 10 yards but we're going to punt it hold them and then drive the distance of the field?!
Never thought we were going to get out coached today

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I deleted that because it was too much, I agree. But I can't stand it when people refuse to hear criticism of a coach just because that coach is successful. I love McVay but he has faults and weaknesses like everyone else. The #1 complaint with him in Washington was that he would get too pass-happy and forget about the run. Goff was getting pressured and almost was strip-sacked more than once today before Long got to him. A consistent running game helps that.
It's cool.

But I'm not refusing to hear criticism. My objection is with people who think that they know game situations better than the guy who has brought this offense full throttle into respectability. And I maintain that if he was running too much, there would be objections about his lack of passing, considering we have all these receivers and Goff to play with. Yes Gurley could have had a few more carries, but that's not why we lost. He had 7.4 ypc, and Goff had over 12 yards per completion. Does it really matter how we get over 6 yards per play? It's the same thing over and over again. If we lose, somebody has to take the blame. This time it's Tru or McVay. Not the fact that we lost both starting corners, or couldn't sack Wentz, or couldn't keep them out of the endzone. It's (this guy's) fault. This team played well across the board considering the competition, and it's a game we win 5 times of out 10. Just not this time.

I didn't have to get touchy about your response either, so that's my bad too. I just read everything throughout the course of the game, and after, and I'm kind of disgusted by how shitty we talk about some of our players and coaches. That's not why this board was founded, so it's disheartening.

Anyway. We're still 9-4 and are getting stronger.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kun5ncIKhSI