13 Carries....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
13 freaking carries for Gurley today. That is nonsense! McVay continues to get way too cute on offense, especially when we're ahead. He continually under-uses Todd in the running game and Gurley was gashing the Eagles defense today.

This has happened in several games and has been happening more and more lately. I don't care if Goff develops into Aaron Rodgers, Gurley might be the best RB in the NFL and he needs 20 carries in games like this. The play action game doesn't work when you never run the damn ball.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dude. They only threw 26 passes.
Philly had 85 plays to the Rams 45

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Could have thrown a lot more if we had moved the chains with Todd. If you watched that entire game and seriously believe Gurley was given optimum # of carries then I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Could have thrown a lot more if we had moved the chains with Todd. If you watched that entire game and seriously believe Gurley was given optimum # of carriers then I don't know what to tell you.
It sure looked like the right amount of carries when the Rams went up 35-31. Figures he would get 5-10 more while icing the game.
Not really disagreeing with you bro the offense just looked stuck in the mud for the most part.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
I will admit Gurley didn't get the touches I would have liked, but the problem was bigger than that. We couldn't get off the field on defense. Which allowed Philly to hog the ball. The offense.... (and I don't agree with it....) has designs to run the defense down once they have a bigger lead. We didn't.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
It sure looked like the right amount of carries when the Rams went up 35-31. Figures he would get 5-10 more while icing the game.
Not really disagreeing with you bro the offense just looked stuck in the mud for the most part.

7.4 YPC isn't stuck in the mud.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
26 pass attempts, 17 rushes.

Gurley had 16 touches of his own.

Let's not single out anybody in this one. Team loss.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Come on now stop already. Offense scored 28 points against a great team. Offense wasn’t the problem today

fearsomefour

Legend
And this was the real key to the game.
And why some of the D penalties were so brutal.
The Rams had the Eagles in plenty of third and longs and had a hard time getting them off the field.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s bigger then just this game. This has been an ongoing issue with McVay since jump. Gurley need 20 plus carries every game. McVay won’t run Gurley for a whole quarter or two and with us with the ball in the 4th quarter with a lead you choose not to run Gurley but it has become a common theme

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
It’s bigger then just this game. This has been an ongoing issue with McVay since jump. Gurley need 20 plus carries every game. McVay won’t run Gurley for a whole quarter or two and with us with the ball in the 4th quarter with a lead you choose not to run Gurley but it has become a common theme

Exactly, this whole "save Gurley for the 4th Q" approach doesn't work if you don't actually give him the damn ball in the 4th.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
26 pass attempts, 17 rushes.

Gurley had 16 touches of his own.

Let's not single out anybody in this one. Team loss.

I still love McVay, but he needs to learn from this. He keeps abandoning the run at the worst times. There are times to be aggressive. There are times to play it safe. We lost today because he picked the wrong time to be aggressive.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
The Rams had the Eagles in plenty of third and longs and had a hard time getting them off the field.

Zebras kept them on the field

Bullshit

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I still love McVay, but he needs to learn from this. He keeps abandoning the run at the worst times. There are times to be aggressive. There are times to play it safe. We lost today because he picked the wrong time to be aggressive.
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and climb out on this limb here.
You can't call a game better than McVay can.
Ergo, I'll just defer to what he sees.

Montanaramfan

Rookie

i couldn't figure out why Wade didn't blitz more, especially when Foles came in. We weren't getting quite enough pressure with the front four. On the TD Wentz threw after he hurt his knee, he had all day to throw. I realize our corners were hurt when Foles was in there, but if you blitz, he has to get rid of the ball quickly and be on target. I would have taken my chances.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and climb out on this limb here.
You can't call a game better than McVay can.
Ergo, I'll just defer to what he sees.

You are right. However, even the best play-callers get it wrong sometimes. Every play-caller has weaknesses. We know Sean's weaknesses. He needs to turn them into strengths.