YouTube TV completes deal for NFL Sunday Ticket

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
But the players are part of it. The revenue generated is largely what affects the cap. So if a vendor is allegedly price gouging, its to the players benefit
Not what Im talking about.
I don't care about the price.
That is just supply and demand.
But, I will leave it there.

fearsomefour

Legend
IMO Amazon would have been cheaper than what Google/YouTube is going to charge , but we’ll never know.

So when does Direct Tv go full belly up? IIRC they’re owned by AT&T.
Not owned by ATT anymore.....not fully anyway, the majority has been sold off.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After reading this thread I'm considering You Tube TV. I have Comcast/Xfinity for both internet and cable. I'd keep the internet but cancel the cable. Switching to You Tube should save me about 30 bucks a month. That could go towards the NFL Ticket and only add maybe 30 or 40 bucks to my budget. But I have to learn some things. One of my TV's has the app. The other doesn't. But they both have a firestick.
Dont you get the Rams on your local channels?

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
The stand alone is probably going to be $60/mo and the package about $105-$110/ mo considering what they are paying for it. Yotube are greedy SOBs.
It sounds like Fox and CBS have a say in the price and they don't want it dropping much lower than what DirecTV was charging. The last thing they want is a $100 a year price and everyone bailing on the local broadcasts.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
@MadGoat I read somewhere that Sunday Ticket would only be out of area games, so you would still need a local broadcast to get normally televised games.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The stand alone is probably going to be $60/mo and the package about $105-$110/ mo considering what they are paying for it. Yotube are greedy SOBs.
Greedy? For wanting to see ROI on their investment?
They're spending 2 BILLION dollars annually on this deal

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
@MadGoat I read somewhere that Sunday Ticket would only be out of area games, so you would still need a local broadcast to get normally televised games.
That's true, but right now, most people don't pay for Sunday Ticket, so they just watch the local games.

If you drop the price to $50 or even $100 for the year, suddenly the number of households with access to out-of-market games explodes and the local ratings plummet. FOX and CBS are paying billions to make sure that their local networks get the eyeballs.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dont you get the Rams on your local channels?
No, I'm in the 49ers and Raiders market. Its always been that way here. I'm only a couple hours from the Bay Area. I do get my share of Rams games either in prime time or when it doesn't conflict with the 49ers. So far this season I've only had to stream 4 games out of 14. Which is pretty good.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I'm stoked about this deal. YouTube TV has the best player and UI out of all of the major streaming services. You have unlimited DVR, too, and your videos can be watched on any device that has your account.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I am not concerned too much, Direc TV has been comping my NFL package for the past few years and Streaming isn’t as stable a platform as a generalization. The transition will be easy enough.1
My Amazon Thursday Games have been mostly good but not seamless like DTV.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I understand those complaining about costs and all. I would too in my younger age. But I’m older now and make a very big salary. I can afford the $65 monthly YT streaming cost. Even though there is tons I do not want and need. I pay it because I can - and it makes life easier to watch whatever sports is on. It’s less than a meal out with the family.

Btw: I get NBC and the Sunday night game. Maybe it’s not available to others in markets outside LA. But here, I get it all.

I can afford it too but I can't justify buying something and not using it. I'm at work 8 hrs a day, 10 hrs with commute. Then making dinner, household errands etc. How much time do I have to watch a shit ton of channels?? Also for me there isn't anything good on. From the mid 2000s to about 2016 I'd have so many choices, and shows like Daily Show are well past there prime. Does Comedy Cental even do stand up specials anymore???

I'll save that $65 and use it at a comic con or some other event. Or just stash it.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
But I’m older now and make a very big salary. I can afford the $65 monthly YT streaming cost.

You need to become a ROD sponsor, brother!

EVERYONE needs to become a ROD Sponsor!

:horns:

We are ad-free because of our sponsors! Thank you sponsors! Sites with ads look like sh#t these days.

What’s the topic again? Oh yeah, YouTube. :D

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
YouTube TV is not available in Canada.

I didn’t even know it existed. :D

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
You need to become a ROD sponsor, brother!

EVERYONE needs to become a ROD Sponsor!

:horns:

We are ad-free because of our sponsors! Thank you sponsors! Sites with ads look like sh#t these days.

What’s the topic again? Oh yeah, YouTube. :D
Oye I walked right into that huh? Lol.

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
I can afford it too but I can't justify buying something and not using it. I'm at work 8 hrs a day, 10 hrs with commute. Then making dinner, household errands etc. How much time do I have to watch a shit ton of channels?? Also for me there isn't anything good on. From the mid 2000s to about 2016 I'd have so many choices, and shows like Daily Show are well past there prime. Does Comedy Cental even do stand up specials anymore???

I'll save that $65 and use it at a comic con or some other event. Or just stash it.
I went from DirecTV $145 a month, to Dish $100 a month, to YouTube TV $50 a month, to Netflix + Hulu for $25 a month. Yes, we miss some things but $1800 a year vs $300 a year is a no-contest.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not owned by ATT anymore.....not fully anyway, the majority has been sold off.
Its funny though, they sold off 30% to TPG, but still own 70%, although its a stand alone company.
Nothing like having money to play games with like that!!

fearsomefour

Legend
Its funny though, they sold off 30% to TPG, but still own 70%, although its a stand alone company.
Nothing like having money to play games with like that!!
They sold off more than that actually......but, its a little strange how they did the deal.
The company is in massive debt and trying to cut debt where they can.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
If they have to buffer the games as to adjust the quality, game day discussions are going to be interesting.

Everyone seeing the same thing at different times.