Your WORST Rams financial decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hmm...well, I can't say that I had anything bad. I still have signed Chris Givens, Austin Pettis, and Jake Long pictures, but I don't regret having them. It's just another part of my life, another part of my fandom for our beloved Rams.

Maybe I'll purchase a new Steven Jackson jersey to replace the one I lost in a fire.
Don't forget Trung's jersey replacement!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
den-the-coach in 1996 said:
Lawrence Phillips is a cross between Walter Payton, and the rookie Jerome Bettis. Yes, he’s that good.

I found this one in the archives.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I might have the winner boys and girls. Judge for yourselves.

Back in 2012 I was a giant Justin Blackmon fan. I was 100% absolutely sure the Rams were going to draft him.
So sure that I bet my buddy $100 that they would. And to take it up a notch, I bought one of these..
C80D44D9-4F43-407A-B7F9-6B55F44B71CD.jpeg

Yeah, that’s a custom Justin Blackmon Rams jersey. Probably the only of its kind. Suffice to say, I basically had the same reaction as Fisher when Jacksonville snagged him ahead of us. In a fit of rage I ripped the jersey off and threw it in the trash. Never to be seen again.

Honestly, I wish I kept it. But the fact that I sunk $130($230 after I lost the bet) into that jersey, I just couldn’t bring myself to keep it.

So yeah, worst financial decision I’ve made in my Rams fandom.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Back in 2012 I was a giant Justin Blackmon fan. I was 100% absolutely sure the Rams were going to draft him.
So sure that I bet my buddy $100 that they would. And to take it up a notch, I bought one of these..
View attachment 37816
Yeah, that’s a custom Justin Blackmon Rams jersey. Probably the only of its kind. Suffice to say, I basically had the same reaction as Fisher when Jacksonville snagged him ahead of us. In a fit of rage I ripped the jersey off and threw it in the trash. Never to be seen again.

Honestly, I wish I kept it. But the fact that I sunk $130($230 after I lost the bet) into that jersey, I just couldn’t bring myself to keep it.

You win....

Nrt4eIh.gif

MachS

Hall of Fame
My Donnie Avery and Greg Robinson jerseys.

Nothing too bad financially for me but just the emotional equity from 2018 :cry:. Don't know if I'll ever get over that one. Bought a nice Gurley jersey after his rookie year and it's unfortunate the way his health played out, but he gave us a great stretch so cant be too upset.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

View attachment 37816

tenor.gif

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
All 3 Rams jerseys I have bought. Bought a Faulk jersey and he retired. Bought a Gurley jersey in 2016 and Cooks jersey in 2018, now they are both gone. But dont worry guys, I will never buy a Donald or Goff jersey. I have seen the errors of my ways and refuse to buy another Rams jersey, but I will continue to buy Rams gear just no jerseys.

Then there is also the losing streak against SF. Had a standing bet with a co-worker that was a niner fan, and we kept going double or nothing. Luckily I was fired and had a 5 yr break from our bet. I went back to work for that company in 1997 and continued the double or nothing til 1999. I finally got out of the ridiculous hole I had been in and have never bet real $ on a Rams game since.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Man... there's many things that I know are terrible financial decisions when I make them. Especially when it comes to my boat, 300 gallon salt water aquarium, and fishing/diving gear.

But I've never been disappointed in the spending I've done on the Rams... and believe me, I've spent some serious JACK through the years on them.

Hell,,, I bought 3 badass tickets to our recent Super Bowl appearance in Atlanta... and I don't regret one dime of that. It was an experience that that I will always remember. Mucho dinero spent too.

Please don't take this the wrong way my ROD Brethren... but CGI and I spend a pretty penny here on the site. Neither one of us got into this thinking we were going to generate revenue... we did it because of our over the top fandom for The Rams. We really enjoy improving and maintaining our great home here on the internet... and we knew from the beginning that this place was only going to cost us money. I don't want to speak for CGI, but I know neither one of us has ever regretted taking care of ROD.

The money I spend on my fandom would no doubt be considered ridiculous by those who think differently. However, I know what makes me happy and I will never regret spending mula on that. You only have this life... invest in your happiness is what I always say.

Now... I must admit this. I do regret buying my son a Bradford jersey right after we drafted him. It's not the money I spent that makes me regret that decision though. It's the fact that my son wore that jersey in a picture that I have in a frame at the house. His two brothers were wearing their favorite player's jerseys in the pic too... thank God neither one of them were fans of Bradford at the time. Seeing my boy in that damn jersey every day is a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. LOL

My love for the Rams will never end though... I'm gonna keep spending on them without any regret too. :zany:
Right on, dude. Worst does not necessarily mean disappointing. Maybe I could have used a different word.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
I got an Aaron Donald superbowl 53 jerseys last offseason and its the only jersey I've had since a Bulger youth jersey. Was going to get a Gurley jersey as well but with all the knee speculation I felt unsure of his future with the Rams so I decided not to. Looking back I now wish I wouldve just bought it while he was still a Ram. I regret it now because he was a great player and to me it would've represented good times for the Rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
All 3 Rams jerseys I have bought. Bought a Faulk jersey and he retired. Bought a Gurley jersey in 2016 and Cooks jersey in 2018, now they are both gone. But dont worry guys, I will never buy a Donald or Goff jersey. I have seen the errors of my ways and refuse to buy another Rams jersey, but I will continue to buy Rams gear just no jerseys.

I feel your pain. To expand on what I wrote previously, in addition to the Dickerson jersey, I also bought Jim Everett and Kurt Warner jerseys. At least I got two good years out of those two before everything turned to shit. But after the Warner jersey, I vowed that I would never again buy a jersey of an active Rams player. I could see myself in the future getting a Youngblood, a Faulk, an Olsen, or a Bruce. But active players? No freakin' way.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME

View attachment 37816

This is crazy man hahaha you definitely win

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am a cheapskate when it comes to memorabilia. I've bought all but one jersey on eBay for $10. I only bought former Ram greats, so SJ, Ike, Faulk. The only new one I got was for my son and that's an Aaron Donald on sale at the time for $65.00. So no regrets there.

My only Rams memorabilia regret is in what I did not keep. My Rams jersey as a kid from the 70's and my Rams winter coat with yellow vinyl sleeves and matching hat. My kid would have loved them.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ouch...I imagine many here never conversed with Thordaddy. For that matter Dave51 may just be a name to many new members. There is a heritage being created here, and I wish that I met both in person....
I talked to Thordaddy on the phone several times. We were planning on meeting up to go skiing in CO. Sadly, that never happened as he passed away before we could make it happen. He was a real interesting guy to shoot the shit with. I really miss him. I'm glad we got the chance to meet his family along with so many great people from ROD. But I sure wish we could have made that ski trip happen. I still have my Half Fast Walking Club shirt.

Dave51 was a great member here. The dude was always a positive homer. I really respected that about him.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I suppose my "worst" Rams purchase was my autographed Grant Wistrom jersey just before he went to the shecocks.

I have worn it several times though and it's the jersey I'm wearing in the picture the Rams took of me, my dad, and @Selassie I

Deac

Starter
Name
Sean
NFL Ticket last 2 years of Linehan and 1 st of Spags , was paying about $100 a win to watch them. Depressing years.