Your WORST Rams financial decision

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
What's up, guys! Let's switch it up with a fun thread. What's the worst thing you've spent money on related to the Rams? It can be anything from bets, tickets, jerseys, etc. Personally, I don't have a good story. I've only been to two games and like my three jerseys (soon to be four after my new one arrives by donkey), but I've wasted money on fantasy football each year drafting Rams "sleepers" and I bought a terrible candle that had no smell just because someone slapped on a small sticker. But I'm sure some of you have better stories. I know some of you flew out to London to watch that Patriots ass whooping :ROFLMAO:

MadGoat

Mathematically alive
From 1992 to 1997, I placed $50 pre-season on the Rams to win the SB. After '97 I finally gave up. I felt better after the '98 season, not so much after '99.

…..

Legend
Paid 85 bucks for a signed Henry Ellard jersey. Then some fukwad in Jacksonville stole it when I forgot to lock my truck. I figure it was a local junkie because he left the certificate of authenticity that was zip tied to the hanger. Took my lap top too, but left the power cord. A loaf of bread as well, left the salami and cheese.

What a Dumbass, everyone knows not to leave the salami !

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, this is difficult because I've been extremely frugal over the years when it comes to Rams Paraphernalia, I'm not a big jersey guy as I only own Deacon Jones, Jack Youngblood, Marshall Faulk & Kurt Warner, so no debating those....Did purchase a Robert Jones jersey, but returned it because it was too small and purchased a jacket instead.

Keep in mind I am socially liberal, but fiscally conservative, however the worst financial decision I made was personalized license plates with "Rampage" on them. I had Los Angels Ram plate boarder too so some would get the reference as the Rams had a magazine "Rampages" back in the early 90's before the move to St Louis.

The reason it became not financially conducive was because I had damage done to my car a couple of times as someone keyed it and another person slammed a shopping cart into it. The car was not over the top either, it was a couple of years old and an Oldsmobile (showing my age) Cutlass Supreme International and for some reason for the first time this was happening on three different occasions. My father told me, "Den get rid of those plates, Personalized License Plates draw attention to yourself." Well, as usual, my father was correct. Got rid of them and have never had an issue sense.

It was Ram related, but not a Ram purchase and I'm sure it was the word itself and not the fact I rooted for the Rams that the damage occured.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I cornered the Lawrence Phillips' jersey market, thinks den-the-coach. I hope that shyte doesn't get out!

@den-the-coach

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Any Jersey I’ve ever bought. I bought a Bradford Jersey after his rookie year, he never took off. I bought a holt jersey, he left. I bought a Gurley Jersey right before this past season. I think I’m the jinx

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This tread just makes me think, why in the world do we pay so much money and attention to the NFL?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not able to attend the Thordaddy game because my wife had purchased tickets for "Wicked" on that Sunday for us to take our 2 daughters. Just bad across the board... Show was great and all, but what I missed? Dayum...
Not really the point, but it's all I got

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was not able to attend the Thordaddy game because my wife had purchased tickets for "Wicked" on that Sunday for us to take our 2 daughters. Just bad across the board... Show was great and all, but what I missed? Dayum...
Not really the point, but it's all I got
Ouch...I imagine many here never conversed with Thordaddy. For that matter Dave51 may just be a name to many new members. There is a heritage being created here, and I wish that I met both in person....

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams took Lawrence Phillips & Eddie Kennison, I wanted them to draft Eddie George (Ohio State) & Marivn Harrison, but what do I know?
yeah, I guess that would have been ok too...
wLeEhww.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ouch...I imagine many here never conversed with Thordaddy. For that matter Dave51 may just be a name to many new members. There is a heritage being created here, and I wish that I met both in person....

Both still are very special I had more interaction with Dave51 as @Legatron4 has done an outstanding job taking over "Countdown thread....Wish I had met both too, but just interacting with the two fine gentlemen has made me a better man.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Man... there's many things that I know are terrible financial decisions when I make them. Especially when it comes to my boat, 300 gallon salt water aquarium, and fishing/diving gear.

But I've never been disappointed in the spending I've done on the Rams... and believe me, I've spent some serious JACK through the years on them.

Hell,,, I bought 3 badass tickets to our recent Super Bowl appearance in Atlanta... and I don't regret one dime of that. It was an experience that that I will always remember. Mucho dinero spent too.

Please don't take this the wrong way my ROD Brethren... but CGI and I spend a pretty penny here on the site. Neither one of us got into this thinking we were going to generate revenue... we did it because of our over the top fandom for The Rams. We really enjoy improving and maintaining our great home here on the internet... and we knew from the beginning that this place was only going to cost us money. I don't want to speak for CGI, but I know neither one of us has ever regretted taking care of ROD.

The money I spend on my fandom would no doubt be considered ridiculous by those who think differently. However, I know what makes me happy and I will never regret spending mula on that. You only have this life... invest in your happiness is what I always say.

Now... I must admit this. I do regret buying my son a Bradford jersey right after we drafted him. It's not the money I spent that makes me regret that decision though. It's the fact that my son wore that jersey in a picture that I have in a frame at the house. His two brothers were wearing their favorite player's jerseys in the pic too... thank God neither one of them were fans of Bradford at the time. Seeing my boy in that damn jersey every day is a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling. LOL

My love for the Rams will never end though... I'm gonna keep spending on them without any regret too. :zany:

DeaconJones

Rookie
I would think anybody who bought a personal seat license (PSL) in St. Louis would be at the top of this list.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I have a leather jacket that I spent $100.00 that has ST. LOUIS RAMS on the back in big ass letters. Then I moved to a place that rarely gets below 50°.

Tavon Austin jersey. At the time I bought it, it was on sale for $60 in 2014.

I have a Todd Gurley Funko POP, but that only cost me 10 bucks lol, and to be fair I bought it in 2017.

I also have a football, shirts, etc with "St. Louis Rams" plastered all over it. I guess in hindsight I should've seen the move coming.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Ordered a Kevin Greene jersey back in the day (think it was JC Penny or some sort of catalog too, hard to recall exactly), and then he left the next offseason in FA. At the time I didn't really have the money to buy jerseys so I felt that betrayal badly. Still hold it against him too, even though it's not really his fault (our front office was a steaming pile of feces at the time).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Btw I know someone here ordered a Lawrence Phillips jersey. C'mon out with it! :ROFLMAO:

@Ramhusker I'm sure you saw that one (Phillips being a piece of shit) comin when he was drafted eh?