Your thoughts on the OBJ signing 3 games in?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean, yeah, they could DO it but the net result would be to lessen the team.
Yeah, that is definitely the bottom line. Adding OBJ probably puts 1/3 of the cap in the WR room. Kinda scary

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Im not trying to be a dick, or argue here, I just really dont know what you mean. No worries
Ok

In that case, we have perhaps one of the best front offices in the league. They work magic with the cap and although they have had some contracts that many think were questionable they’ve been able to get things done.

I’m certain the organization has been deep into conversations about who they are prioritizing and how they can move money around to get the players they want signed.

Beckham, even though I didn’t personally like the signing, looks to be fitting in, getting completely healthy and paying dividends.

I’m certain, given their earlier attempts to get him in, they are already trying to figure out how to keep him. :clinkingbeer:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta admit deiterbrock makes valid points. If Odell wants to hit the FA market and maximize his value over location he's definitely gone. And keeping him will be tough and we're probably talking some sort of tag/trade deal if we get anything out of it from that point. But if he wants to stick around it just feels like the Rams will find a way.

My take is that we cannot afford to keep guys who don't really move the bar. If they can be replaced in-house with minor dropoff then that's the way to go. With Odell he just seems to offer some elements this offense can really use. He just seems to fit exceptionally well and it's probably worthwhile to keep him because we won't be able to draft a talent like him any time soon.

Here's a list of our FAs. Rams are going to have to be really selective this offseason. Guys like Miller are gone IMO. They're not gonna pay big money to an old edge nor should they. Williams is gone as is Corbs most likely and they fill from within. Only way they keep Boom is if they jettison Whit and I'm not sure that's a good call hard to say and I'm on the fence on that. Maybe Allen resigns idk but most of the UFAs to include even Sebastian are gone.

1639759215008.png

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Gotta admit deiterbrock makes valid points. If Odell wants to hit the FA market and maximize his value over location he's definitely gone. And keeping him will be tough and we're probably talking some sort of tag/trade deal if we get anything out of it from that point. But if he wants to stick around it just feels like the Rams will find a way.

My take is that we cannot afford to keep guys who don't really move the bar. If they can be replaced in-house with minor dropoff then that's the way to go. With Odell he just seems to offer some elements this offense can really use. He just seems to fit exceptionally well and it's probably worthwhile to keep him because we won't be able to draft a talent like him any time soon.

Here's a list of our FAs. Rams are going to have to be really selective this offseason. Guys like Miller are gone IMO. They're not gonna pay big money to an old edge nor should they. Williams is gone as is Corbs most likely and they fill from within. Only way they keep Boom is if they jettison Whit and I'm not sure that's a good call hard to say and I'm on the fence on that. Maybe Allen resigns idk but most of the UFAs to include even Sebastian are gone.

View attachment 50348

So long as they sign Gay to a multi-year contract, I'm fine with whatever happens after.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

View attachment 50348
How do the franchise tag rules help if at all??

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Can’t believe guys want to dump Woods, he does everything for this team and does it well. Catches, runs, blocks, gets other guys open, and does it all at a high level with a smile on his face.

And he’s the DAWG on the O who helps jump start the O if it’s not clicking. He’s the heart of the offense and it baffles me that rather than hope for financial cap trickeration, folks want to move on from Woods. That just seems goofy to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
How do the franchise tag rules help if at all??
They might be able to help the Rams accrue a higher pick than round 3 and sooner if they can use it in a trade/deal. Not sure on the rules of how/what is required to do that though, but teams do use the tag to flip players.

Also it would require him to play really well but I do think there's a good chance of that happening given how good he's looked so far.