Your thoughts on the OBJ signing 3 games in?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

TXRams86

The Infamous
I know there were a lot of posters who weren’t thrilled at the signing. Some even went out of their way to bash him after only a couple of games. What are your feelings on the OBJ signing now and of him as a player?

I’m thrilled to have the guy. I was stoked when I saw we had signed him. Funny how Ramsey was a cancer with the Jags and OBJ with the Browns. There’s something about playing for a winning organization and a coach that players respect eh? He might be a one year rental but if things continue progressing with him I hope we find a way to keep him.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Glad they got him!!
Can't imagine where they'd be with only Jefferson and Kupp plus the rest.

As he's getting comfortable.. I'd imagine other defenses are getting more uncomfortable.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
McVay has built a culture that players want to be a part of. You can see guys buy in instantly when they come in. I hope we keep OBJ but him or Woods are going to be the odd man out.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
They’ve picked their spots with him so far. He will have even a more meaningful role moving forward.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very smart player, people forget about that because he's been a clown in the past. But that running backwards out of bounds late in the game cannot be understated how big that was. I was actually on the phone with a fellow Rams fan at the time who like a lot of people cannot stand OBJ. He's like what an idiot, had to point out how smart it was and why and got a "yeah great still don't like the guy but love his production so far".

In a limited role and limited understanding of the offense he's been huge for us especially tonight. Add to that the value that Van assigns to him as a mentor and I hope they find a way to keep him next year.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
The guy has shown me I was wrong about him. His play of running backwards out of bounds was something I never would have given him credit for. (I did know about it but it took a few seconds to realize what and why he had done it. Smart, smart play.) He's not Bobby Trees, but I'll have to admit, I'm warming up to him as a player. He definitely can help us going forward.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
His success here sure makes Baker Mayfield look bad. Yikes. The difference is production is staggering.

Tano

Legend
His success here sure makes Baker Mayfield look bad. Yikes. The difference is production is staggering.
Baker Mayfield is a crappy QB that has gotten by with an amazing run game.

Same as Ryan Tannehill and look where he is now without Henry - just a So So team with a So So QB - we should never have lost to them

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
He should be really hitting his stride in learning this offense come playoff time.

Every week he seems to be a bit better than the last.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Can you imagine watching this WR group without him? Losing Woody would have been just about a death blow if they hadn't added Odell.

We still have a good top 3 threat because of him. Subtract him we'd be in the shitter. Nothing against those other guys but they're not gonna be threats like Odell is. The guy blocks and catches anything near him. He's still got some wheels too. Just a massive difference having him on this roster IMO.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
OBJ gives us something that we didn't have before, and I don't believe we have even started to see how good this guy really is. I mean, they will have to double cover Kupp, and give him one on one? He's got it all, just needs time to learn the playbook more and get fully involved in the offense.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It didn't cost the Rams any picks, so even if Woods had not gotten injured there isn't anything to complain about.

One thing that stands out is how good OBJs hands are. I love the reliability.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I just think that as he gets more comfortable with Stafford... we're gonna see some real shit.

Stafford obviously has a great timing thing with Jefferson on deep balls... I wonder what kind of routes he and Beckham will really synch up on.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The guy has shown me I was wrong about him. His play of running backwards out of bounds was something I never would have given him credit for. (I did know about it but it took a few seconds to realize what and why he had done it. Smart, smart play.) He's not Bobby Trees, but I'll have to admit, I'm warming up to him as a player. He definitely can help us going forward.
His Red Zone skills are great opposite Kupp

Shuie3225

Starter
He will be resigned 100%. Dont think people understand how complicated our offense is, how much our WRs are asked to do in this offense, and how incredibly difficult it is to change teams mid season, pick up a new offense and be effective. He's been incredibly effective these last few games.

The real question is...after he resigns do we trade Woods? Do we want to invest that much $ at WR? Van Jeff has proven he deserves a starting role and is on his rookie contract still.

I know Bobby Trees is a great leader and teammate, but lets take the intangibles out for a second. Lets also keep in mind Odell is still learning a new offense after being thrown into the fire, and had zero chemistry with a brand new QB. So looking at their games, what does Woods do better than Odell??

-Block?? Okay yes. Woody has the edge.

-Run after the catch?? Maybe slightly Woods, but OBJ is very good at YAC. But for arguments sake lets give the edge to Woody.

-Route Running?? I'd say this is completely even, maybe an edge to OBJ. OBJ has a bigger route tree, and gets more separation.

-Hands?? OBJ has to have this edge Rob's hands are excellent, but OBJ's are next level elite. Arguably the best in the NFL for years.

-Deep Threat?? OBJ hands down. Woody can be effective down the field but not his game.

-Red Zone?? To me this isn't even close. OBJ is a consistent 1-on-1 nightmare. Slants and fades if hes not doubled are unstoppable in the red zone.

-Overall game speed/acceleration?? OBJ is quicker, faster and more explosive.

-Football IQ?? I would say Rob because I've seen him for years, but seeing how fast OBJ has learned this offense is so damn impressive. His ability to get forward progress today and keep the clock moving late was a prime example.