Your thoughts on Noteboom

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good overall.
Has been very solid as a pass blocker and so so as a run blocker.

yeah- will see what the Future will bring.Whitworth says he is coming back.Then the real test of how things playout. Right now watching Noteboom play improve has been impressive the last couple weeks.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
In due respect, I disagree on a lot of what your saying.Looking back just makes me appreciate Joe Noteboom more.
He ain’t your average Joe.Inthinknhe is The Best Rams Offensive Lineman Les Snead has ever drafted as a Ram. Time will tell
I do not understand what you mean in your first sentence. Please help me get a clear picture & understand what you are disagreeing with me on in my post on Noteboom, thus far you are in full agreement with my post??

So just give me 2 of the many comments I made on Noteboom Okay?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Can we make a pact right now to never mention Greg Robinson again?

I literally get a knot in my stomach when I hear that name.

I also find the whole idea of him being a Ram much easier to deal with if I just blame it all on Boudreau. ;)
Have you tried the Vulcan Mind Melt Method to prevent your effects that happen when members mention the "Rams former ultra-high 2014 #1 selection LT & rapper who must not be named" in their posts?

I get the same knot when I think of OL coach Boudreau if we are forced & move into the new world of word Cancelled Culture I might suggest Coach's Boudreau & Loney go with GRob on those long lists.:giggle:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Have you tried the Vulcan Mind Melt Method to prevent your effects that happen when members mention the "Rams former ultra-high 2014 #1 selection LT & rapper who must not be named" in their posts?

I get the same knot when I think of OL coach Boudreau if we are forced & move into the new world of word Cancelled Culture I might suggest Coach's Boudreau & Loney go with GRob on those long lists.:giggle:
I was so against that pick and I truly hated being correct but it was so obvious that the guy was way too raw.

I wanted Lewan.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Have you tried the Vulcan Mind Melt Method to prevent your effects that happen when members mention the "Rams former ultra-high 2014 #1 selection LT & rapper who must not be named and drug mule" in their posts?

Fixed.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not watching the game,but saw Noteboom got called for holding down 7-0 making it 1st &20 at there 11

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was posting with desires "Pick Jake Matthews Cadre".

Was saying the same thing but finding a Falcons or Vikings trade partner.

Also it was one of the best WR classes.Just glad Donald was there.He has been Great.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Let's me travel back in space & time..... try to recall some of the OL'ers who have been listed as reserve OT's & may have lined up as starters or took snaps @ LT in the Rams past..... Alex Barron, Adam Goldberg, Rodger Saffold, Thomas Welch, Drew Miller, Mark Levoir, Chris Williams, Jake Long, Greg Robinson, Darrell Williams, Pace Murphy, Chandler Brewer to name a few. LT Joseph Noteboom sure appears to be a much better reserve LT & starting LT than most listed above.

It's my belief that JN is a smart OL'er. This late-season JN has now received a large number of snaps @ LT than any other time in his short 3 yr NFL career to now know what he needs to do to be a good starting LT in the NFL. Yes JN is short on his overall core power & is a #1 need for improvement. Most likely due to that real damaging injury to that knee last season that is now over a year behind him.

I strongly maintain JN needs to continue to get all the snaps possible when AW returns too. Meaning I would advocate a duo teaming of the LT post for the rest of this 2020 season. Rams need to be fully prepared if AW does retire.

Rams need to prioritize the securing of a very good future starting LT (for Goff) from this point on. If JN is not what is needed after continuing to take part in snaps @ LT through-out the playoffs they MUST go get a future starting LT for 2022 & beyond. I do not think that will be necessary because JN can be the future replacement for AW @ starting LT for Goff.

What about 2021 ? Someone else could even step up before that,but I think Noteboom should be that guy.

At what cost is going to be a big issue as well.

Notebom has some serious power. Not always shown how big of a first pop of burst he has.Watching hit the bag a couple different seasons showed me that.
Rotation is never good imo. Just not a believer in it.
Rams making the playoffs & run. The Jets lose gives me concern.

I think those are a few disagreements or issues I have.Still need to watch this last game to have much more of an idea.

Adding Whitworth’s career & how that will effect Noteboom?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was posting with desires "Pick Jake Matthews Cadre".

I was too. I thought for sure he'd be our pick. He was safe, rock solid, and had the family connection to Fisher. Robinson was always super talented, but the guy didn't have it mentally. Now, he's looking at years in prison because despite making millions in his career (and being a guy who would have been on a NFL team this year making solid money), he decided to get into drug trafficking.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I was so against that pick and I truly hated being correct but it was so obvious that the guy was way too raw.

I wanted Lewan.

A classic Fisher pick that prioritized athleticism over the actual ability to play football at the NFL level.

Tano

Legend
A classic Fisher pick that prioritized athleticism over the actual ability to play football at the NFL level.
Brian Quick anyone - what a waste

Could anyone waste more picks on offensive players than Fisher

Robinson Quick Austin Givens etc

Gurley was a good pick
Goff? well better than Wentz - needs to stop making such dumb decisions from time to time

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Saw a Corbett thread, but couldn’t find it. He played like Crap against the JETS.

NOTEBOOM will be on the Field(grass) when or if Whitworth comes back healthy. Corbett might be the guy out.Edwards is more the future & playing better.Bobby Evans replay him at RG.Edwards was the RG last season,so I picture Noteboom back at LG for the Playoffs.

TexasRam

Legend
Saw a Corbett thread, but couldn’t find it. He played like Crap against the JETS.

NOTEBOOM will be on the Field(grass) when or if Whitworth comes back healthy. Corbett might be the guy out.Edwards is more the future & playing better.Bobby Evans replay him at RG.Edwards was the RG last season,so I picture Noteboom back at LG for the Playoffs.
One bad game by Corbett. I see zero chance for Noteboom replacing Corbett. Blythe might get replaced by Corbett next year with Evans going to RG.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One bad game by Corbett. I see zero chance for Noteboom replacing Corbett. Blythe might get replaced by Corbett next year with Evans going to RG.

Have to see it to believe it.Noteboom has started 2019 & 2020 as The Rams LG.Weather you or ANY RAMS FAN wants to believe it or not is fine.

-I will not say your wrong, but to me HOLLY F”. Corbett as The Rams starting Center ?? LMAO - let’s finish 2020 season first. The Rams are in trouble if that happens this season.

Edwards started the season as a backup to both Noteboom & Corbett.Finished 2019 as The Rams starting RG.

I can go on,but right now Austin Blythe is The Rams starting Center.
He is playing at a decent level.

Corbett this last game to me cost The Rams a victory over any other player vs. the 0-13 Jets

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Blythe doesn't hold up against bigger DTs/NTs. The Jets DL gave him fits as have every DL who's on the bigger/stronger side.

Blythe against Vince Wilfork types just wilts. We need someone stronger.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I was telling people from the get-go that Blythe was going to be the starting Center this year.

He was. We didn't have much option.
And he gave it his all within his physical limitations.
I'm going to give him about a B-.
We need an upgrade.

I think it's going to be Corbett.

I think the only way it's not Corbett is if they decide to invest in a premier free agent.

Again, continuity in the offensive line is important, especially for winning those early games.

Next year's line; (IMO)

Whitworth
Edwards
Corbett
Evans
Havenstein

Noteboom as the swing tackle.

Blythe as the backup Center if they can get him on the very cheap after he tests the market.

I think they should turn Anchrum into a strict Guard/Center.

Of course keep Shelton and Brewer around and draft another guy who falls to us like Anchrum did.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It be great to think Noteboom was the left tackle of the future but, he's like a Blythe. He's got some good and enough bad to make me wish they could find an upgrade. It will be interesting to see what he get's in free agency.
I still doubt him as any sort of LT of the future. He's a backup to my eyes plain and simple for the reasons you cited. If some team pays him starter money they will regret it IMO.

The JAG types out there in the league can have good games. They can look good in small windows. But at some point who they are will show through as they are gameplanned to expose their weaknesses. I think that's where Boom is. He's a great team guy and all that and I know Kromer loves him but he's a JAG.

Nothing has changed for LT this offseason. It remains an enormous piece of the puzzle for the Rams to figure out. Time is running out on Whit like it or not. What is the plan?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I still doubt him as any sort of LT of the future. He's a backup to my eyes plain and simple for the reasons you cited. If some team pays him starter money they will regret it IMO.

The JAG types out there in the league can have good games. They can look good in small windows. But at some point who they are will show through as they are gameplanned to expose their weaknesses. I think that's where Boom is. He's a great team guy and all that and I know Kromer loves him but he's a JAG.

Nothing has changed for LT this offseason. It remains an enormous piece of the puzzle for the Rams to figure out. Time is running out on Whit like it or not. What is the plan?

Totally agree. Teams are starting to exploit his weaknesses. Those weaknesses have been there since he first started a game as a Ram. I don't brink they miraculously get overcome. Left tackle is a huge need once Whitworth hangs it up.