Your take on the Giants selection of Daniel Jones?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think elway said they would have taken Jones if he was there at 10. I'm not sure if he meant it or was just getting into the giant's good books for a trade somewhere form the line.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I still believe that a team has to be aggressive and get their franchise QB...however, I’ve sure heard a lot of questionable reports on Jones.

According to PFF, he was lights-out for 3 games and was otherwise mediocre throughout his career.

By contrast...Love the way the Rams did it. Huge, bold, aggressive move to go all the way up to number one. Then— take the right guy.

I give Giants credit for taking the guy they wanted at #6. I agree it would have been stupid to get cute and wait til 17. However... not much hype for the QB class of 2019, perhaps with good reason.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I still believe that a team has to be aggressive and get their franchise QB...however, I’ve sure heard a lot of questionable reports on Jones.

According to PFF, he was lights-out for 3 games and was otherwise mediocre throughout his career.

By contrast...Love the way the Rams did it. Huge, bold, aggressive move to go all the way up to number one. Then— take the right guy.

I give Giants credit for taking the guy they wanted at #6. I agree it would have been stupid to get cute and wait til 17. However... not much hype for the QB class of 2019, perhaps with good reason.

When you have those draft picks you should be able to work the draft board, unless your like Oakland & don’t trust your scouts.

Time will tell ?? I get caught being cute if I have 3 first rd picks to work with. What is the worst thing to happen?? You get stuck building your team up with excellent draft picks ??

The Giants had until like number 12 GBay & if the Rosen trade was already announced to Miami ,then wait until 14.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I think it was a legit approach to reduce cost at a position they knew was enormously strong in the draft. Point is that the media is lighting Gettleman when his real mistake was last year. They have a great RB, but for how long and now they gotta take a higher risk (IMO) QB and hope he can develop into their guy.

Just think this year's draft is pretty good though, even with the QB reach, because they restocked a good amount of the roster.

Gettleman has a good feel for a lot of positions and tends to favor size and power at many of them. He's always been like that and the Giants knew that when they brought him in.
No his real mistake is not using a 2nd rounder this year on Josh Rosen.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
No his real mistake is not using a 2nd rounder this year on Josh Rosen.

Disagree. And that's even with the fact that I have always felt Rosen was underrated as a prospect due to playing under an idjit of a HC at UCLA.

Rosen is going to a Miami team with a new regime in place and I'm not certain O'Shea is ready as a coordinator for a new HC. The roster is weak as well, not a lot of plus weapons for him to throw to. He's in for a tough situation IMO.

Jets aren't loaded on the offensive roster either but Darnold is going into year two in the same locker room, and his coach has a good grasp of the passing game. Adding Bell is going to help their QB with a safety valve too. Their defense should be quite good, and I think they might push for the playoffs.

We'll see how things go this season but I am confident Darnold is going to be that pick that gets rubbed in Giants' fans faces every year as he leads the Jets to the playoffs.