LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

This was the opening song they played at the Fillmore West. Leslie West must have weighed 400 pounds, had a huge afro, and wore a fringe jacket. Yes, I had an awesome teenage upbringing thank you very much. :rockon:

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
This was the opening song they played at the Fillmore West. Leslie West must have weighed 400 pounds, had a huge afro, and wore a fringe jacket. Yes, I had an awesome teenage upbringing thank you very much. :rockon:
I actually had myself a lil Mississippi Queen back when that song was popular, she was in town visiting her Grandmother for a month

here's something else you'll like

Saw these guys at the old Kiel Auditorium where the St Louis Hawks played
It was a lot easier being teenagers then

SierraRam

Recreational User
First Rush song i learned to play on the drums from start to finish. I was 16 :D
Still maybe my favorite Rush tune for both musical and lyrical reasons.

You started with this song??!! Wow. I've hurt myself air-drumming it

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
You started with this song??!! Wow. I've hurt myself air-drumming it
Much like Dieter said earlier about himself, i was also obsessed with getting better and practicing drumming daily. My family had moved around a lot and it was tough being 14 yrs old without any friends. Get home from school, put on the headphones and scan the FM radio dial and learn timing and basic stuff. Once i felt i could outplay most of the simpleton drummers who were on rock/pop radio at the time....I started trying to play along with the big boys, Peart and Bonham.

The cool thing about all of this is that by becoming a drummer i met a lot of other musicians and made some close friends, which saved me as a young, miserable, loner teen.

I don't know about you guys and your instrument(s) of choice, but i just found the drums a natural instrument for me. There have been long gaps of not playing the drums and yet i can pick it right back up every time.
Learning to play guitar was always hard work for me...and still is.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I don't know about you guys and your instrument(s) of choice, but i just found the drums a natural instrument for me. There have been long gaps of not playing the drums and yet i can pick it right back up every time. Learning to play guitar was always hard work for me...and still is.

Started out on trumpet and French Horn playing classical music. The good part was the discipline of practicing and learning how to read music. The bad part was everything else such as not liking what I was playing.

Guitar and keyboards on the other hand was a breeze and a joy and still is. I have zero aptitude for drums though.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Four of Bob's sons (Ziggy, Stephen, Ky-Mani, and Damian) singing one of his best known songs together. Thought this would be a good touch on Father's Day.

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DADS !!!