LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
When I read the name of the song , I thought it was another cover of the song , Save The Last Dance For Me

But that was one of those songs that I'd never heard before that my wife and daughter always say............yes you have !!! , o_O

But then it reminded me of that song , Save The Last Dance For Me , that song has been covered a thousand time , probably most noticeably by Michael Buble , which is probably my wifes favorite version , but me , every time I hear this song , no matter who sings it , I always hear the Defranco Families version , another one of those records my sister would play over and over , if I remember right , Save The Last Dance For Me was the "B" side to Heart Beat , It's A Love Beat single on 45 , pretty sure I heard both songs a bazzilion times by the time I was 10

OMG your sister would play it over and over! My little brother played that Defranco family 45 vinyl over and over again so many times in a row, until I finally!!!! Extremely aggravated, I walked in Eastwood like, unimpeded toward his pitiful green plastic record player, and then I picked up that damn Defranco Family 45rpm single, raised it above my head, and broke it into a itsy bitsy pieces! :boxing: Om my God it felt so good to vivisect and violate that vinyl.......... Years later I profess a secret, guilty love for "Heart Beat, It's A Love Beat" and "Save The Last Dance For Me"....It had a good melody... What a string of coincidences.... Iowa and I share siblings who overplayed the same damn single!:deadhorse:

Yet today, we aren't single, Iowa and I are happily married! And today is my sweet WIFE's BIRTHDAY!:whistle: I asked my beloved beautiful wife, what song she wanted me to play for you guys. She picked "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, cause she said it encapsulated our little family. I asked her how does that work? She said, "It's her birthday, so she's Captain Fantastic and our little dog and me are the Brown Dirt Cowboys. And yes. our little dog acts like a brown dirt cowboy rustling rabbits. Then she asked me quote this lyric...I think has something to do with our dog's treaty biscuits and my beloved's addiction to chocolate treaties and red apple roses...

While little Dirt Cowboys turned brown in their saddles
Sweet chocolate biscuits and red rosy apples

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrmP2jFdmsw

PS. Despite what you may think you dirty minded scoundrels...... I don't turn brown in my saddle, I don't need a diaper...Yet!

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
OMG your sister would play it over and over! My little brother played that Defranco family 45 vinyl over and over again so many times in a row, until I finally!!!! Extremely aggravated, I walked in Eastwood like, unimpeded toward his pitiful green plastic record player, and then I picked up that damn Defranco Family 45rpm single, raised it above my head, and broke it into a itsy bitsy pieces! :boxing: Om my God it felt so good to vivisect and violate that vinyl.......... Years later I profess a secret, guilty love for "Heart Beat, It's A Love Beat" and "Save The Last Dance For Me"....It had a good melody... What a string of coincidences.... Iowa and I share siblings who overplayed the same damn single!:deadhorse:

Yet today, we aren't single, Iowa and I are happily married! And today is my sweet WIFE's BIRTHDAY!:whistle: I asked my beloved beautiful wife, what song she wanted me to play for you guys. She picked "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy, cause she said it encapsulated our little family. I asked her how does that work? She said, "It's her birthday, so she's Captain Fantastic and our little dog and me are the Brown Dirt Cowboys. And yes. our little dog acts like a brown dirt cowboy rustling rabbits. Then she asked me quote this lyric...I think has something to do with our dog's treaty biscuits and my beloved's addiction to chocolate treaties and red apple roses...

While little Dirt Cowboys turned brown in their saddles
Sweet chocolate biscuits and red rosy apples

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrmP2jFdmsw

PS. Despite what you may think you dirty minded scoundrels...... I don't turn brown in my saddle, I don't need a diaper...Yet!

I also remember the endless debate on who was hotter , Donny Osmond or Tony Defranco , :confused:

tony_zpsz3e1l7sx.jpg

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
This has always been my favorite The Knack song...

I remember when that album came out , I was like 12 or so , and I'll admit it , I got caught in the Knackmania , I thought My Sharona was the greatest song ever , I liked the look of the band , 4 lads dressed in black suits and tie ,looked pretty cool , they were going to be the next big thing , the next Beatles , and .............................poof , they were gone

And now if you gentlemen will excuse me , I'm going to go and dance with my wife

49302dafdd7bce83440467210cd7d871.jpg

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I remember when that album came out , I was like 12 or so , and I'll admit it , I got caught in the Knackmania , I thought My Sharona was the greatest song ever , I liked the look of the band , 4 lads dressed in black suits and tie ,looked pretty cool , they were going to be the next big thing , the next Beatles , and .............................poof , they were gone

And now if you gentlemen will excuse me , I'm going to go and dance with my wife

49302dafdd7bce83440467210cd7d871.jpg

POOF! Yeah Iowa The Knack got Knuked. There brand of bouncy pop rock couldn't have come out at a worse time, sandwiched between punk and new wave. I like every Knack album and attended many a Knack concert, my last one about 8 years ago. They stayed in shape till the end. They had an apt for tuning a crowd into a sea of pogo sticks. This one is off their 2003 album.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP6iGP2INZ4

And a live Sharona from 2005...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqC2-7YcBt0

Last edited: