Your scouting notes from first preseason game?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...
So is Young feeling a like a reach at all in Rd 3 then?

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
No need to be an ass about it.
You’re the one questioning whether a 3rd round pick might be a “reach” after about 20 snaps in the first preseason game.

I think my response was pretty mild, actually.

AZRams

You’re the one questioning whether a 3rd round pick might be a “reach” after about 20 snaps in the first preseason game.

I think my response was pretty mild, actually.
Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Yeah, not like his coach has mentioned anything about his performance in camp, either.

Whatever dude.

At least you'll always have Raheem....

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
Logan Bruss is going to get the QB killed. Bruss got manhandled a few times that Bennet had to run for his life.
Bruss might not make the practice squad.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Going back and watching the film.. other than 2 bad sacks and 2 should've been picks early in his game action (he even admitted he was a little nervous and anxious and really settled after his first hit).. Stetson threw some fucking great passes.. 2 in the end zone that could've been caught (one the WR fell, and other went off the guys hands on a jump ball)..

Also his pocket awareness and demeanor was awesome to see.. and a few passes where he looked off the defender for a nice pass was very encouraging.

Out of the bad, I see it as very correctable mistakes and I expected it being his first NFL game action. I fully expect the ball to start getting out faster and faster decisions the more he plays.

Was listening to the Pat McAfee Show and they were talking about how damn impressed they were of him. Was awesome to see.

I guess, quite frankly, it's nice to be the one who's always loved a player and now people are slowly seeing what I've seen. Usually it's the other way around. Haha.

Can't say I haven't been leading the Stetson Bennett bandwagon and allowing more people on!
After 3 preseason games we'll know more of what we got. But I'm liking him so far.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Why do you say that.

3-77​
B. YOUNG, EDGE​
3-89​
K. TURNER, DT​

The question was, "does he feel like a reach?" Not sure what people are expecting from a 3rd round pick except a rusher with missing pieces (hello, he wasn't drafted in the 1st 2 rounds) who will take some time to put it together to either become an above average rusher or if we're lucky, a star player.

Maybe he'll be a reach but he'll have to show that he's unproductive or minimally productive for us to know that and there's certainly not enough evidence to know yet.

AZRams

Why do you say that.

3-77​
B. YOUNG, EDGE​
3-89​
K. TURNER, DT​
Only wondering as it seems I wasn't the only one thought his performance was underwhelming and McVay had mentioned last week that he was still needing a lot of work.

Which is of course hardly surprising for a rookie.

Simply wondering if maybe they fell in love with his speed and maybe went a little early on him.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only wondering as it seems I wasn't the only one thought his performance was underwhelming and McVay had mentioned last week that he was still needing a lot of work.

Which is of course hardly surprising for a rookie.

Simply wondering if maybe they fell in love with his speed and maybe went a little early on him.

Even though the sack got wiped out because of the face mask, if we assume that was bad luck (as well as him being held...), I'll take a sack a game from him even if the pressure is inconsistent

Tano

Legend
Even though the sack got wiped out because of the face mask, if we assume that was bad luck (as well as him being held...), I'll take a sack a game from him even if the pressure is inconsistent
17 sacks - awesome

Need a little bit better pressure though

But with Donald - maybe he does