Your “outside the box” personnel idea…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Bears trade Khalil Mack to the Rams and the league literally cries about it

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Isn't it funny not only does Rodgers play with the media like chew toy for a dog and gets away with it but what I find ironic is

Stafford was a loser with no playoff wins which he was supposed to magically pull out of his ass without a complete team ever in Detroit nevertheless a loser. Give him one complete team and on the first try he wins a Superbowl. Yet the media was just salivating to say "same ole Stafford" Hmmm

By the same token Rodgers has had many chances complete teams over and over yet great as he is fails for what ever reason. So begs the question who really is the loser???

That said Rodgers will go down as one of the best to do it deservedly so but is he not actually more of a loser than the so called loser Stafford???

They now both have 1 Superbowl each but Rodgers should have at least 3-4 out of how many chances????

Stafford technically 1 for 1 when both have complete teams.

Having said all that am I saying Stafford is better than Rodgers? Technically no however it begs to ask is he more of a winner at this point if the genie grants Rodgers say 6-7 wishes and that same genie grants Stafford 1 wish??? Stafford has made his 1 wish count!!!! Rodgers made 1 count but pissed away the rest.

When will the media cover that aspect of losing.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Priority #1 sign Von.

#2 Must fix interior OL - better Center there are several and keep Corbett or find upgrade doubt 2e afford Scherrf.

#3 Upgrade a cb #2. Jackson then Gilmore

Keep SJD and OBJ if possible

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Isn't it funny not only does Rodgers play with the media like chew toy for a dog and gets away with it but what I find ironic is

Stafford was a loser with no playoff wins which he was supposed to magically pull out of his ass without a complete team ever in Detroit nevertheless a loser. Give him one complete team and on the first try he wins a Superbowl. Yet the media was just salivating to say "same ole Stafford" Hmmm

By the same token Rodgers has had many chances complete teams over and over yet great as he is fails for what ever reason. So begs the question who really is the loser???

That said Rodgers will go down as one of the best to do it deservedly so but is he not actually more of a loser than the so called loser Stafford???

They now both have 1 Superbowl each but Rodgers should have at least 3-4 out of how many chances????

Stafford technically 1 for 1 when both have complete teams.

Having said all that am I saying Stafford is better than Rodgers? Technically no however it begs to ask is he more of a winner at this point if the genie grants Rodgers say 6-7 wishes and that same genie grants Stafford 1 wish??? Stafford has made his 1 wish count!!!! Rodgers made 1 count but pissed away the rest.

When will the media cover that aspect of losing.

A repeat for the Rams next season might beg the question whether Stafford is better.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aaron Rodgers molests collies, then claims to have only “pet” them, blames collie cancel culture for disparaging him, makes cryptic comments about his future plans with collies, and then loses in the playoffs again.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Also an idea: signing Chukwuma Okorafor (Steelers) over Noteboom. Only twenty-four right now, and when he was coming out of Western Michigan, I thought he could play left tackle very well; he certainly has the tools.

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I don't know that it's "outside-the-box" but I really liked James Daniels (C/G) when he came out of Iowa (turn-out a lot of good OL ... similar to Wisconsin) as a high-second round pick in 2018. He was a younger rookie at just 21; and will not turn 25 until September of 2022. He's athletic and might fit well with the Rams.

I am very curious what Allen and Corbett get in free agency.

O-Line is so tricky. It's vital to the success of an offense. There are 160 starting offensive linemen in the NFL but there are NOT 160 quality offensive linemen in the NFL. I consider Allen and Corbett good players. However, there are numbers for each that will be to-high in my opinion.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I triple dog dare you to tell the media that lol
Because I agree with the sentiment; and because you may have been a little emotional here, I will ignore the "slight breach in etiquette for skipping the triple-dare and going right for the throat with the coup de grace triple-dog-dare."

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, I think that it’s likely that Rams decline to sign ANY top tier outside FA.

First of all they’re unaffordable.

Secondly, they are unneeded. They might be ‘wants’ but they’re not ‘needs’. Sorry.

Rams will extend Miller. He turbocharged our D once his ankle healed. We don’t get to SB much less win one without Miller and I’m convinced that he has 2-3 good years left in the tank as a Ram. Bank it.

Rams will extend OBJ. He’s uncoverable when paired with Kupp. That makes him invaluable. Both Miller and OBJ are EXACTLY the type of players that Snead is constantly trying to bring in and then build around. Hell, I think their extensions were already baked into the cake before their respective signings took place.

We‘re gonna see modest 2nd tier FA signings here and there, maybe only a couple of them. And just designed to give depth at thin areas on our roster.

Draft will be a ‘shotgun’ BPA approach at 8 different positions. Rams will be active in UDFA, too.

We’ll be fine with this strategy. Hell, we’ll be one of the favorites to get back to SB with this strategy. What other NFC team do you like better than the Rams today? I rest my case.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
First and foremost, resign Miller to a reasonable deal (projected 2/34m which seems excessive). Resign OBJ to a very team friendly deal, if for nothing more then appeasing the great AD. (PFF projects 1 year/5mil. Resign Boom, he's a known commodity and won't count towards comp picks.

If we cannot come to terms with Miller because he's looking for his one last big deal, sign Clowney to a reasonable 1 year deal. I'd truly like to see him work with AD and see if the reaches his enormous potential.

Man, I'd love to find a way to sign Mathieu to a deal and trade Rapp away.

Lastly, I'd really like to see us sign Laken Tomlinson. Not only is he a great run blocker, but that would remove him from the whiners. (projected 3/27m-9m/year).

oldnotdead

Legend
Allen had a breakout year and now people want to get rid of him just when he's playing at the level they expected?

Corbett is a serviceable OG with position flexibility whose contract number should be acceptable.

Noteboom is a good LT and they are hard to find. He won't cost as much as Whit ($17.6M). I can see him having a cap of $8-10M which is again value for his position. The Rams turned down multiple trade offers over the past two years. I don't see them letting him walk just for a comp pick. He was drafted to start at LT and now it's time.

Edwards is the weak link in the OL as he has struggled at OG. I've said from the beginning he's not an OG but an OT. His technique is erractic due to his height. It makes it hard for him to play with leverage and that is what playing inside is all about. They would be better off playing Shelton at OG (either side) as a bridge until the guy they are likely to draft is ready to play. Edwards could be their swing OT.

With a year under his belt, Jackson should improve in his consistency. IMO he could start at RT this year. He's a better pass blocker than Havenstein.

If McVay is serious about his run attack and wants to continue with the power style of play he needs to get a FB. Using a wham block from a WR or TE simply isn't going to do it consistently. You simply can't run inside the tackles with a power run attack without a FB as long as the defense has 7 in the box. One of the ILBs usually the MIKE will fill that hole. C'mon Man McVay.

They need to resign Michel. Akers and Henderson aren't grinders, they are slashers. The Rams don't get to the SB without Michel so pay the man and give him some respect. He's their best short-yardage and pass-blocking RB.

Harris could be their wildcard in the passing game. He's going to get the reps Benny Skow was getting. Harris is 2" taller and much faster, a complete mismatch for a LB or safety.

This team is primed for another SB run.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know that it's "outside-the-box" but I really liked James Daniels (C/G) when he came out of Iowa (turn-out a lot of good OL ... similar to Wisconsin) as a high-second round pick in 2018. He was a younger rookie at just 21; and will not turn 25 until September of 2022. He's athletic and might fit well with the Rams.

I am very curious what Allen and Corbett get in free agency.

O-Line is so tricky. It's vital to the success of an offense. There are 160 starting offensive linemen in the NFL but there are NOT 160 quality offensive linemen in the NFL. I consider Allen and Corbett good players. However, there are numbers for each that will be to-high in my opinion.
Two players I hoped the Rams would pick in separate drafts were Elgton Jenkins and James Daniels. But even outside the box, I think there is no way they compete for Daniel’s.

I think @jrry32 idea of bringing back Saffold is more realistic and solves some problems.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Two players I hoped the Rams would pick in separate drafts were Elgton Jenkins and James Daniels. But even outside the box, I think there is no way they compete for Daniel’s.

I think @jrry32 idea of bringing back Saffold is more realistic and solves some problems.
For the time-being, I was just looking at the unrestricted free agents.

nighttrain

Legend

getting Saffold back and reupping whit would be awesome, 2nd ring time.....
train

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Regarding the Rodger Saffold speculation, have you guys seen any reports about him coming free?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Bobby Wagner - I can dream!

Actually, I don’t think that’s too far fetched. I was gonna mention this on the FA thread:

What if the seahawks bottom out and are willing to deal away players by the deadline, especially if they lose wilson? Isn’t that how we got Miller this year?

Good players on bad teams will want to come here.