Your “outside the box” personnel idea…

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Do you have a pet idea for the Rams’ 2022 roster?

Here’s mine:

Sign Patrick Peterson…as a FS.

I think Peterson has reached the point in his career (much as guys like Rod Woodson and Aeneas Williams did), where he could be ready to transition from CB to FS. He also is a guy who would likely gravitate toward a contender.

Last year, he played on a 1 year, $8M deal. We could probably pay something comparable (and, perhaps, save some $ by parting ways with Taylor Rapp, who would become expendable).

Crazy idea, or good one?

Any others?

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Trade everyone for picks!

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Saquon Barkley anyone? We need to loosen the pressure on Kupp and Stafford. An elite running game would do that.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I've already explained in detail why I'd like to add TE David Njoku as our #2 to the unit, so I'll just leave it at that rather than being overly repetitive on the subject.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I would be OK with a veteran-CB because it would be some insurance opposite Ramsey, where it's Long and Rochelle, followed by some Practice Squad players and a draft choice taken after the top-100-picks.

Thinking someone more reasonably priced. Someone like Casey Hayward or Desmond King.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Saquon Barkley anyone? We need to loosen the pressure on Kupp and Stafford. An elite running game would do that.
Didn't Barkley want the Bungles to beat us?

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sign Matt Paradis C if cut by Carolina
Sign AJ Johnson ILB UFA Broncos

And Yes on Cam Robinson LT UFA Jaguars (with big Whit retiring)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Let Boom, Corbs, and Allen all go fuck off in FA and get paid by other teams. Sign Scherff in FA. Then draft a couple more rooks for the pipeline.

LT: Jackson. Not as good a pass pro guy as Boom but he's got natural power in run blocking. Team control and upside, and you can probably have a conversation with Whit where he might be available if things don't work out.

LG: Scherff. Scherff has a history at RG first off but I'm not worried about that. I would play him at LG to keep the calming effect of the veteran for Jackson and Scherff would kick ass there.

C: Shelton. He may have been better than Allen in the run game. So I think we're in good shape with him in there, no real concerns because he's gonna have good OGs on either side.

RG: Edwards. He's been our LT so some I'm sure think I'm crazy but I like him next to Hav.

RT: Havenstein. No brainer.

I think that OL would be very strong in the run and pretty damn good in pass pro. It would also be affordable compared to paying a LT on the market

BuffaloRam

Hall of Fame
Let Boom, Corbs, and Allen all go fuck off in FA and get paid by other teams. Sign Scherff in FA. Then draft a couple more rooks for the pipeline.

LT: Jackson. Not as good a pass pro guy as Boom but he's got natural power in run blocking. Team control and upside, and you can probably have a conversation with Whit where he might be available if things don't work out.

LG: Scherff. Scherff has a history at RG first off but I'm not worried about that. I would play him at LG to keep the calming effect of the veteran for Jackson and Scherff would kick ass there.

C: Shelton. He may have been better than Allen in the run game. So I think we're in good shape with him in there, no real concerns because he's gonna have good OGs on either side.

RG: Edwards. He's been our LT so some I'm sure think I'm crazy but I like him next to Hav.

I think that OL would be very strong in the run and pretty damn good in pass pro. It would also be affordable compared to paying a LT on the market
I am a big Alaric Jackson fan - Big Whit has been very high on him

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Scherff's projected cost or market value is likely higher than that of Noteboom, and he hasn't played a full season since 2016, now that he's +30 years of age, are you expecting that to change for the better ? Your biggest problem with Noteboom has been vocalized over injuries, but have any of them come while playing LT or were they all sustained at LG and then later as the 6'th OL in a 'jumbo' set ?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tutu Atwell replaces Brian Allen at C.

You didn't say it had to be a good idea ...

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

I don't know man. Scherff is outstanding but, aside from the huge contract, he will be thirty-one next season and has missed 22 games over the past four seasons. His best football may be behind him.

Also, don't agree with the line-up suggestion. David Edwards has two full seasons at Left Guard; meanwhile, Scherff (I believe) has been a career Right Guard.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Elliott is a cap casualty Rams sign him and he’s the best RB in the league.